Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
SHE IS NICE AND BEAUTIFUL AND FUNNY AND SHE SHOULD HAVE MORE BIRTHDAYS YES

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
But she'd be like 10,000 then.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Imagine having to blow out all those candles.

CaptainWacky

She could get Chang to do it.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

The final season of Love will be on Netflix on March 9th...one day after Jessica Jones season 2. So nobody will watch it for a while!

CaptainWacky

Remember you can post about Love season 3 in this thread: a thread dedicated to actress Gillian Jacobs! (I've just started it.)

CaptainWacky

Love season 3 thoughts. Spoilers, if anyone cares.

So it was certainly another season of Love. It didn't really feel like a final season. I suppose they gave some of the supporter characters resolution, but the Mickie/Gus story doesn't feel finished at all. Okay, the finale they're going to get married, then the realise it's a bad idea becauase they've only been together for six months (and he still hasn't found out about her sleeping with Harry from Mad Men, but I guess he never will now) so they call it off. That would have been a fine way to end it! But then they just randomly get married anyway! Nothing's changed at all, it's only five minutes after they decided not to get married. That's an ending? Are we supposed to think everything will be fine now that they're married? Because it probably won't!

Not that the seaosn didn't have good stuff in it. They avoided some of the annoying stuff from previous years: no scenes where beautiful women randomly throw themselves at Gus, no mentions of Uber. Mickie seemed to grow as a person and even Gus showed moments of self awareness in the episode with his family. Bertie continue to be great, the episode all about her was one of the best of the whole show (though they wouldn't have just let an untrained guy from the crowd go in there and work a proper wrestling match like that! Unless he set it up earlier or something.) I want to see Claudia O'Doherty in other stuff. There were some funny moments, quite a lot from Randy who is a total loser but you still like him becauase he's pretty funny. The acting was strong. If they'd made a fourth season I would have watched it too. But they're not goig to so...bye, I guess!

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

I wonder if anyone else watched Love season 3...

CaptainWacky

I wonder if anyone else watched Love season 3...

GUESS NOT, WACKY.

I watched Ibiza just there. It's not the kind of thing I'd normally watch, but Gillian Jacobs was in it so I thought "WHY NOT." I should stress though that I watched it while reading various websites in other tabs. Even then it felt longer than its 94 minute run time. There's really no plot other than Gillian, her wacky friend (who had some funny moments) and her black friend (who they didn't bother giving a personality) go to Spain and then to Ibiza to find a Scottish DJ played by Robb Stark. And they don't even have any adventures along the way, really? It's basically a serious of vignettes of them in clubs or drinking with dance music playing. It's watchable because Gillian is the main character and she's great. But that's about it. I've already forgotten it, really!

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GILLIAN JACOBS (36), THE CURRENT NUMBER ONE ON THE WACKY HOT ONE HUNDRED!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
She's okay BI me!

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GILLIAN JACOBS (38) REMEMBER WHEN SHE HAD A THREAD (THIS THREAD) AND USED TO BE ON THE TV AND IN MOVIES?

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Magic-Camp-Film-Disney.jpeg

I watched her in Magic Camp recently (she was the only reason I watched it) with Adam DeVine doing a really on the nose send-up of Jack Black in a film which is trying to do the School of Rock formula but with a lot less of the charm.

She's hot in it at least.

CaptainWacky

She's gotta eat!

CaptainWacky

I'll watch her documentary!

CaptainWacky

^I watched it, it was good.

CaptainWacky

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GILLIAN JACOBS (39), I LIKE YOU.

No Problem Thumbs Up GIF