Good Omens

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Neil Gaiman‏Verified account@neilhimself 2h2 hours ago

So for you, for me, for all of us. FOR PEOPLE NOT YET BORN. This is what Jon Hamm looks like as the Angel Gabriel in the upcoming TV series of GOOD OMENS. A thing of beauty, and a joy for ever.

DPtSBrCX0AAzV-7.jpg

If there's already a thread about this show it did not come up in the search :rwmad: ANYWAY, I loved the book, I hope the tv show will be as good!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'll watch it.

CaptainWacky

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
lol Micheal Sheen!

The Question

Eternal
So, question, does this tie in with Lucifer somehow? Seems like Gaiman does a lot of these, I'm starting to wonder if there's a shared universe involved. I do remember him making a comment to the effect of "The Ocean At The End Of The Lane" being loosely tied in with American Gods.

CaptainWacky

I will watch this.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It looks like it will be as fun as the book!

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I can't wait!

So this thing has been in production for 2 years? Jesus.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It looks like it's going to be so good.

CaptainWacky

Yeah it does seem to have taken a long time considering the special effects look like typical BBC...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

CaptainWacky

It's on Amazon now.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm watching the 1st one. Michael Sheen and David Tennant are great!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I just watched the 2nd one. It's so good, so cute. They've got the spirit of the book down really well.

CaptainWacky

Well as someone who hasn't read the book I guess I can just judge it as a tv show. It was good but I definitely could tell it was based on a book because some scenes felt unnecessary or too long. The whole baby swap thing in the first episode for example. There was too much narration from God, especially in the second episode. I read that Neil Gaiman didn't want to cut out anything that Terry Pratchett had written and that is certainly understandable but I think it showed in places. Despite me just complaing about some things feeling too long some stuff felt a bit rushed: like Adam turning evil (then good again) and the really hot girl sleeping with the nerd guy she just met (granted this could be because I hate Jack Whitehall for reasons I can't even remember anymore.) ANYWAY despite all that it was a good show and I did enjoy it. Tennant and Sheen were great and the show was always at its best when they were on screen. The rest of the cast were mostly realy good too (Jon Hamm! Doing stuff!) and I did like the story even if other shows or books have probably ripped it off in the years since the book came out. So yeah even if you haven't read the book I'd recommend it but I do get the feeling that book readers liked it a bit more?

Last edited:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Just finished the 3rd one. Loved the trip through history!

CaptainWacky

The first half of the third episode was one of the best parts of the whole show. Was that in the book?