Got Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
So far so good..... I have been looking forward to this movie for a very long time. Ever since I saw the brilliant trailer. I am hopeful that it will work out as a decent picture.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
It was pretty good. Watched it twice on the way to Hawai'i. They showed it on the flight to San Fran and then again on the way to Oahu. Between the two viewings, I managed to see the whole things. The Paki Oompa-Loompas were inspired!

Big Dick McGee

"You know, I really can't hear you, you mumble too much!"

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
That line was just said when I paused and checked the replies! Uncanny!

Chewing gum is really gross! Chewing gum I hate the most!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Best movie I have seen all year along side Episode III.

Absolutley did not disappoint. Depp played his role to perfection. The Oompa-Loompas were excellent and the one guy that played them all was just perfect.

I thought that the flashbacks were not needed and felt a little tacked on but they did have Christopher Lee in them and it is a very minor cupcakele.

It's pure coincidence I have Gene Wilder as my avatar at the moment, I re-watched The Producers the other day so decided to go with Wilder as my AV for the mean time and while the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is still my favourite Depp really does prove what a kick-ass actor he really is.

Highly reccommended!

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man
Great movie! I'm glad you enjoyed it, Menty. Gene Wilder was a genius as Willie, but Dep handles it just as well. Iwas glad to see a remake that didn't destroy the movie. :)

Have a great Christmas!

LoP

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, LoP! Long time no see. How's life treating you?

CATCF was a movie I have been looking forward to for a long time and for once I wasn't left feeling cheated. I was a huge fan of Dahl as a child and religiously read all his books. Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator being my favourite. A good movie all round, great stuff!

A Merry Christmas to you and yours!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Will they ever make a Great Glass Elevator movie?

Big Dick McGee

Peter Jackson is rumoured to be in pre-production of Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. He's running into budget problem trying to create the largest CGI elevator ever attempted. I wish him luck, the fat little hobbit!

CaptainWacky

You just made that up, didn't you?

Big Dick McGee

NO! Check it out on PJ's website!

CaptainWacky

NEVEr.

CaptainWacky

Keira speaks of highly of him.