Happy Birthday...MLK, Jr...Happy Birthday

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Happy Birthday...Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr...Happy Birthday
January 15, 1929 - April 4, 1968

Martin Luther King, Jr., was a Baptist minister and social rights activist in the United States in the 1950s and '60s. He was a leader of the American civil rights movement. He organized a number of peaceful protests as head of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, including the March on Washington in 1963. He won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964, and, at the time, he was the youngest person to have done so. He advocated for peaceful approaches to some of society's biggest problems. He was instrumental in the Memphis sanitation workers' strike, the Montgomery bus boycott, and the March on Washington.

Happy Birthday...Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr...Happy Birthday

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together. - Freedom is never given voluntarily by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. You must demand it, for it will not be given freely.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Martin-Luther-King-JR.png

What are the words to I Have a Dream Speech? - I have a dream today. I have a dream that one day every valley shall be engulfed, every hill shall be exalted and every mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plains and the crooked places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together.

What is the main message of the I Have a Dream Speech? - The key message in the speech is that all people are created equal and, although not the case in America at the time, King felt it must be the case for the future.

What impact did Martin Luther King's speech have? - King's “Dream” speech would play an important role in helping pass the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and the pivotal Selma to Montgomery march that he led in 1965 would provide momentum for the passage later that year of the Voting Rights Act.

What is the hope and dream of Martin Luther King? - Martin Luther King, Jr.'s hope is for African Americans to be able to participate in mainstream American society. The speech references both American history and American culture to illustrate examples of what African Americans wanted—the American Dream and unalienable rights.

Troll Kingdom, How did you honor MLK Day?

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream was more significant than the danger to his person and his belongings. He was a hero for all, and we can keep that dream alive by helping others. By being everyday heroes that return spite with kindness, and help out one another. He changed the world. Had he lived, Martin, dreamer and doer, would turn 90 years old on Tuesday. Before an assassin's bullet cut through the Memphis, Tennessee, air and claimed his life on April 4, 1968, he led the modern civil rights movement. He opposed war. African American civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his nonviolent resistance to racial prejudice in America. A powerful orator, he appealed to Christian and American ideals and won growing support from the federal government and northern whites.