Have you met Alexa?

Mirah

I love you
Alexa is making me lazy. I only have her at home, but when I'm not at home and I want some information I have to take 2 extra steps to get my phone out and ask it a question! :D

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Can she tickle your feet if you buy an automated foot tickling machine and hack her into it?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Alexa is making me lazy. I only have her at home, but when I'm not at home and I want some information I have to take 2 extra steps to get my phone out and ask it a question! :D
I'm thinking of getting the battery base to make my Echo Dot portable, but so far I'm mainly using it as a speaker for my music which is counter productive since I already have a Bluetooth Speaker.

whisky

Boobie inspector
My wife likes them so much we have ordered another six, our son is constantly leaving lights on, so handy to be able to turn them off on my phone. (And Alexa)

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I've got her telling riddles and jokes now.

Mirah

I love you
What if I asked Alexa to turn off my bedroom light for me and she took out a shotgun and shot the bulb? That would be cool.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
You can get her to do that :p

Mirah

I love you
Alexa just turned on. It was 330 am
I asked her if she had any notifications, she did not. It took me a couple of times to find the right question. " Alexa, why did you turn on?"
She replied, "Sorry, I thought I heard my name."
That is fucking creepy.
I unplugged her.

The Question

Eternal
What if I asked Alexa to turn me on and she started talking all dirty and sexy?

Never happen. Alexa, Siri, at al. are apparently programmed by Puritans.

CaptainWacky

Alexa just turned on. It was 330 am
I asked her if she had any notifications, she did not. It took me a couple of times to find the right question. " Alexa, why did you turn on?"
She replied, "Sorry, I thought I heard my name."
That is fucking creepy.
I unplugged her.

She probably incepted your dreams so you'd say her name in your sleep.

Mirah

I love you
It happened again last night.
I am unplugging her at night.
AND THEN this morning something either slid off my dresser or fell and I still haven't found what it was, but it was def inside my apartment. My cat is haunting me!

Mirah

I love you
I forgot to unplug Alexa last night before I went to sleep.
Once again, right around 3:30, she beeps and glows that blueish green, or yellow blue or whatever color "I'm going to kill you" is.
I tried asking her why she turned on and at one point she said, "would you like me to repeat what you said?"
WTF
I was so scared that she was going to play back some sort of scary ghost voice.

CaptainWacky

She's probably just downloading updates or something?