The Dallas Cowboys
ESPN

c61b3de9e02fd47291a7e5f7e7ac17f2.jpg

DALLAS COWBOYS
CBS

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Reggie Robinson II, deaf in one ear, can impact Cowboys on, off the field
He and his former defensive coordinator Jason Payne were reminiscing about Robinson's days on the football field as a defensive back and wide receiver. That experience led Robinson to become the first player from Cleburne High School to be taken in the NFL draft in 44 years.
Sources: Cowboys' Aldon Smith reinstated by NFL
Smith, 30, has not played in an NFL game since he was suspended as a member of the Raiders in 2015 because of legal and substance abuse issues. Now that he has been reinstated, he will receive $90,000 from the Cowboys as part of the one-year deal he signed in April that could be worth up to $4 million.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Dallas Cowboys Schedule 2020
Predicted record: 10-6
Last season: 8-8

Sept. 13: at L.A. Rams
Sept. 20: vs. Atlanta
Sept. 27: at Seattle
Oct. 4: vs. Cleveland
Oct. 11: vs. N.Y. Giants
Oct. 19: vs. Arizona
Oct. 25: at Washington
Nov. 1: at Philadelphia
Nov. 8: vs. Pittsburgh
Nov. 15: BYE
Nov. 22: at Minnesota
Nov. 26: vs. Washington
Dec. 3: at Baltimore
Dec. 13: at Cincinnati
Dec. 20: vs. San Francisco
Dec. 27: vs. Philadelphia
Jan. 3: at N.Y. Giants

Strength of schedule: 30th, .459

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Cowboys' Aldon Smith 'grateful' to be reinstated by NFL

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Aldon Smith says he's "grateful" to get the chance to get back on the playing field after being conditionally reinstated by the NFL on Wednesday. Smith, who had been suspended since 2015 for violation of the NFL's personal conduct and substance abuse policies, discussed his reinstatement in an interview with TMZ Sports. Asked about what it will be like to get back on the field after being suspended for over four seasons, Smith said that situation has "played in my head." I think the overall emotion is I'm grateful. I'm really grateful," Smith said. "... I came a long way. To have the opportunity to get back, do something that I love, something that I enjoy. To have that opportunity again means a lot. I was able to beat some big obstacles in my life."

Click Here For Full Story

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Dallas Cowboys Franchise

Seasons: 60 (1960 to 2019)
Regular Season Record:
516-383-6
Playoff Record: 35-28
Super Bowls Won: 5 (8 Appearances)
Championships Won*: 5
Winningest Coach: Tom Landry - 250-162-6

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Cowboys, Dak Prescott contract talks: Dispelling the theories

As the wait for quarterback Dak Prescott's upcoming contract with the Dallas Cowboys extends into a second decade, wait, has it not been that long? It sure seems that way. The Cowboys placed the exclusive franchise on Prescott in March, which means he will make at least $31.4 million in salary in 2020. But, the hope from Prescott's camp and the Cowboys has been they will work out a long-term agreement, though discussions have not picked up in intensity in recent weeks. The next important date to remember is July 15. Without a long-term contract signed by that date, Prescott will have to play on the tag throughout the 2020 season and cannot sign a long-term deal with the Cowboys until after the season ends.

Click Here For Complete Story

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Cowboys, Dak Prescott contract talks: Dispelling the theories
The next important date to remember is July 15. Without a long-term contract signed by that date, Prescott will have to play on the tag throughout the 2020 season and cannot sign a long-term deal with the Cowboys until after the season ends.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Should the Cowboys pay Dak Prescott? Let's look at the numbers
Ezekiel Elliott, not Prescott, drives the Cowboys' offense
The offensive line makes it easy on Prescott
Prescott can’t beat good teams
Teams can’t be successful overpaying a QB

Look at the recent players to reset the average annual value market. Prescott’s 2019 QBR stacks up very well. He might not reset the market (led by Russell Wilson’s $35 million a year), but even a deal at $30 million would occupy almost 22% of a $137 million cap.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Travis Frederick has shaved his beard as he has enters retirement. As he expands his Blocking Hunger Foundation, the retired Cowboys center opted to get rid of the beard. “It's coming back but it's definitely more cleaned and trimmed up,” he said. “It's not the football beard. I had a responsibility to grow the beard because I had a job that allowed it. Once you step out into the business world, it's a little less acceptable to run around with a shaggy beard.”

With Aldon Smith reinstated, Randy Gregory remains in the return process, according to his agent, Peter Schaffer. Gregory, who applied for reinstatement after Smith, has had multiple violations of the substance-abuse policy since 2015. “We are very happy for Alden and wish him all the luck in the world and a successful resumption of his career,” Schaffer said. “It's refreshing to see the NFL following through on their stated goal to focus more on rehabbing players than punishing players.”

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Aldon Smith has a lot to prove in comeback with the Cowboys

Defensive end Aldon Smith will get to make his first impression on the Dallas Cowboys on Tuesday, now that he has been conditionally reinstated to the NFL and can participate in the team’s virtual offseason program. He can concentrate on sacking the quarterback again for the first time since his last regular-season game in 2015, when a series of suspensions because of legal and substance abuse problems derailed what was a promising start to his pro career. At 30 years old, this is likely Smith's last chance to deliver on that potential. In 2012, his second year, he set the San Francisco 49ers record for sacks in a season with 19.5. In his first two seasons, he had 33.5 sacks, breaking the NFL mark held by Pro Football Hall of Famer Reggie White. Since sacks became an official stat in 1982, his average of 12.9 sacks per 16 games is tied for second most behind J.J. Watt and White (13.7). Smith last played in a game on Nov. 15, 2015, for the Ralders. On the fifth play of the fourth quarter, he sacked then- Minnesota Viking quarterback Teddy Bridgewater for a 6-yard loss. That made it 47.5 sacks in Smith's 59 games. Two days later, he was suspended by the NFL for a year.

For Complete Story, Click Here

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Mike McCarthy did not want to say the Cowboys are behind because of the virtual offseason program, "but I think it's obvious to think if we started April 6, like we normally would as a first-year program, we would be in a different spot than we are here today,” McCarthy said. He said the coaches have been creative and the players responsive. “I think it leans toward the veteran experience of our football team that we able to get this much work done,” he said.

Mike McCarthy is not getting caught up in the Dak Prescott negotiations. Prescott has yet to sign the $31.4 million exclusive franchise tag in hopes of landing a multi-year contract by July 15 and has not taken part in the voluntary meetings. “He's involved in a business situation and I have full confidence that he'll be ready to go,” McCarthy said. “There has been communication. I mean this is the way these business situations go sometimes. You respect that.”

Mike McCarthy has been at his home in Green Bay since the coronavirus pandemic hit, working the offseason program through virtual meetings with players and coaches. “I am anxiously preparing, frankly, to get back to Frisco as soon as possible,” McCarthy said in a conference call Wednesday. “It's time for me to get back.” Coaches are not yet allowed back in team facilities, but McCarthy has a place not far from The Star where he will live during the season.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling