... The Dallas Cowboys
....ESPN

c61b3de9e02fd47291a7e5f7e7ac17f2.jpg

... DALLAS COWBOYS
....CBS

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
How DeMarcus Ware opened a fitness center during a pandemic
The Cowboys' 2005 first-round pick (No. 11 overall), who played nine seasons for Dallas and three for the Denver Broncos including winning Super Bowl 50, searched for his next career after retiring from the NFL in 2016.

Gallery: Cowboys Make Visible Changes at The Star
Views of the The Star in Frisco inside Ford Center on Fri., July 31 that demonstrate the different ways the club re-configured facilities used by players, coaches and football staff to abide by the NFL's COVID-19 health and safety protocols.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Veteran fullback Jamize Olawale became the third Cowboy to opt out of the season, joining cornerback Maurice Canady and wide receiver Stephen Guidry. Olawale has been the Cowboys' starting fullback the last two seasons and the team picked up his 2020 option earlier in the offseason. New coach Mike McCarthy relied on fullback John Kuhn for years while with the Green Bay Packers and the Cowboys don't have a veteran replacement for Olawale on the current roster.

The Cowboys moved to the 80-player limit with four moves that included the release of kicker Kai Forbath. Last season, Forbath made all 10 kicks after replacing Brett Maher and was re-signed in the offseason to a one-year deal, but he became expendable when the team signed Greg Zuerlein to a three-year deal worth $7.5 million. Long-snapper Joe Fortunato was also waived and rookie Azur Kamara was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury. Saivion Smith was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Rookie corner Trevon Diggs did not have an offseason program to prepare for Cowboys' training camp but he did have NFL help in Miami, working out with his brother, Stefon, the Bills' receiver. The younger Diggs said he won most of the one-on-one battles. “When I was in high school, we trained together every day, so it felt good to get back to training with him,” Trevon said. “He knows what it takes to get there. I just followed his lead and competed with him every day.”

With a limited capacity at AT&T Stadium this season because of the coronavirus pandemic, season tickets will not be available for Dallas Cowboys games, but those ticket holders will have the chance to opt-in to purchase a limited number of seats for individual games. Season-ticket holders can seek a full refund or roll their 2020 payment to 2021. For the fans seeking a refund, they would not lose their seats in the future.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Amari Cooper: CeeDee Lamb 'a great pickup' for the Cowboys
Lamb fell to the Cowboys' pick at No. 17 overall after he posted back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons at Oklahoma and was viewed by many as the top receiver in the draft.

* - Cooper, had a career-high 1,189 receiving yards in 2019. Michael Gallup had 1,107 yards as they became the first pair of Dallas wide receivers to post 1,000-yard seasons in the same year since 2006.

Growing frustrated by suspension, Cowboys' Randy Gregory lashes out
"I really miss playing football and being a player in the NFL," Gregory wrote. "I'm doing everything that is asked of me and I'm in great shape physically, mentally and emotionally but I'm being held back from furthering my career because of Covid and testing.

* - Gregory is on an indefinite suspension for multiple violations of the league's substance-abuse policy dating to his rookie year in 2015.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Jason Garrett grateful to Cowboys, proud of program 'we built'
The Cowboys had a losing record just once in Garrett's nine seasons as coach. They won three division titles. But they also won just two playoff games and never made it past the divisional round during his tenure.

Sources: Some Cowboys creating training camp bubble at hotel
The Omni is connected to Ford Center, the 12,000-seat stadium that is attached to the Cowboys' facility. During the regular season, the Cowboys stay at the hotel on nights before home games at AT&T Stadium. They conduct their meetings at The Star, and players receive treatment at their normal training rooms before sleeping at the hotel.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Before they take to the field for even their first practice, the Dallas Cowboys have added to their defensive line, agreeing to a one-year deal with veteran Everson Griffen, a source confirmed an NFL Network report. The Cowboys initiated discussions with Griffen earlier this week but he had been on their radar for most of offseason. In 10 seasons in Minnesota, he had 74.5 sacks, including eight last season.

Dak Prescott wasn't sure how many Cowboys will stay at the Omni Hotel during camp, but estimated up to 90 percent will to steer clear of COVID-19. “For me it's about trying to stay as safe as I can, as healthy as I can without knowing the true future of where this season's going to go,” he said. “I think it's important for us as players to try to create the smallest bubble as we can amongst players. Because as this season gets to playing out, I think part of it is the healthiest team wins.”

Dak Prescott said he is not frustrated his future is not set with the Cowboys on a long-term deal. “Business is business and once I'm in the locker room and part of what's going on now, I don't worry too much about the future. I just worry about the day. I'm excited as hell to be a Dallas Cowboy … No frustration as far as that. Once again I believe something will get done and it's my hope and belief I'll be a Dallas Cowboy for the rest of my career.”

Stephen Jones and Dak Prescott expressed optimism the team and quarterback can work out a long-term contract in 2021 after failing to do so this year. Prescott said the way the negotiations ended might have Jones and his agent, Todd France, might see “eye to eye,” more going forward and that he could be more involved in the process going forward. “It's better for the Cowboys and hopefully Dak that we ultimately get something done,” Jones said.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones not sharing 2020 anthem policy: 'We're going to show grace'

Jerry Jones has been steadfast in his belief that players should stand for the national anthem, but the Dallas Cowboys' owner and general manager did not say if a policy will be in effect in 2020. Jones said he has talked to "double handfuls" of people, including President Donald Trump, a former president, and current and former players about what to do. "We're going to show grace. I'm going to show grace. And I'd like to show that kind of grace on a sensitive matter," Jones said Wednesday, talking to the media for the first time in 109 days. "Everybody is genuine here. I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt relative to any decision that I make. I have one thing: My job is to run the Dallas Cowboys. My job is to do what's right. We've asked for all of this interest and we've asked for our players to give everything they've got. "So I want to sit down when I have an issue. I have a decision to make. I want to show the world that I can do it with grace and come up with the right solution. I don't know what we're going to be faced with here a month from now or two months from now. ... Our players have always been open-eared for anything that I have to offer and I've been open-eared for what they have to offer, and that's what we'll do." When the issue arose in 2017, Jones required his players to stand, "toes on the line," for the anthem.

Click Here For Full Story

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
bf1417f093b0efc60220810732ba7d6e3b6b21ac.jpg

Dallas Cowboys Franchise
Seasons: 60 (1960 to 2019)
Regular Season Record: 516-383-6
Playoff Record:
35-28
Super Bowls Won: 5 (8 Appearances)
Championships Won*:
Winningest Coach: Tom Landry - 250-162-6

Dallas Cowboys Schedule: 2020
Predicted record: 10-6
Last season: 8-8

Sept. 13: at L.A. Rams (9-7)
Sept. 20: vs. Atlanta (7-9)
Sept. 27: at Seattle (11-6)Y
Oct. 4: vs. Cleveland (6-10)
Oct. 11: vs. N.Y. Giants (4-7)
Oct. 19: vs. Arizona (5-10-1)
Oct. 25: at Washington (3-13)
Nov. 1: at Philadelphia (9-7)Z
Nov. 8: vs. Pittsburgh (8-8)
Nov. 15: BYE
Nov. 22: at Minnesota (10-6)Y
Nov. 26: vs. Washington (3-13)
Dec. 3: at Baltimore (14-2)**
Dec. 13: at Cincinnati (2-14)
Dec. 20: vs. San Francisco (13-3)**
Dec. 27: vs. Philadelphia (9-7)Z
Jan. 3: at N.Y. Giants (4-7)

Z --:Clinched Division
Y --:Clinched Wild Card
** --:Clinched Division and Home Field
* --:Clinched Division and Bye

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Cowboys DT Gerald McCoy to have season-ending surgery

Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Gerald McCoy ruptured his right quadriceps tendon during the first padded practice of training camp Monday and will undergo season-ending surgery, according to team executive vice president Stephen Jones. McCoy was hurt during individual drills and was unable to put weight on his leg after he was examined by the team's medical staff. Before ducking into the locker room, McCoy attempted to take some steps unassisted but could not. An MRI revealed the tear. "I will remain the mentor I am to the young guys and do my part to make sure that this team goes where it needs to," McCoy said in a text to ESPN's Ed Werder. "As far as my mindset people deal with real life problems every day especially now with the state of our country.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Right tackle La'el Collins took part in team drills for the first time in training camp after dealing with minor wear and tear issues. He took about eight snaps in 11-on-11 work after going through individual periods. “I don't feel behind at all, to be honest,” he said. “This is year six for me, ain't nothing new. I feel good. I feel like I'm fresh, it's like riding a bike you get back on it and keep rolling.”

Speaking on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, Jerry Jones said his thoughts go out to all those affected, “by these disheartening times.” “I want our team ... to be a part of change,” Jones said “And the dramatic change isn't going to happen overnight but I want our organization and players to play a part in the movement of making it a better place in this country. I feel confident that our players have a can-do and what-can--do part in it and I want the Cowboys to help make things better.”

How would Anthony Brown describe the differences between Mike McCarthy and Jason Garrett? “So far, it's a totally different environment walking in the building now. Kind of a like a breath of fresh air when you walk in right now with coach McCarthy coming in,” Brown said. “The players have a lot more leeway to say what we want to do. He gives us more opportunity to express ourselves I would say.”

Anthony Brown said the Cowboys players determined the best way to help make a difference in ending social injustice and racism was as a team and not individual statements. “We want to use our platform because we feel we are the biggest franchise,” Brown said. “We want to use our platform to make things better, so we're trying to come up with solution. We don't have the solution yet, but we're working on that.”

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Next great 88? Dallas Cowboys' CeeDee Lamb proving all the hype is legit

One practice. That's all it took for wide receiver CeeDee Lamb to make quite the impression with the Dallas Cowbys.
As Lamb, the Cowboys' 2020 first-round pick, sprinted toward the sideline, quarterback Dak Prescott's pass was high and a little to the inside. Instinctively, Lamb leaped, twisted his body to open his shoulders and threw up his right hand to make a catch that had everybody in attendance wondering what they had just witnessed. The Cowboys did not need to draft Lamb with the offense they already had in place, but they could not resist a player of Lamb's caliber. And the expectations seem to grow each day. That's the price of being a first-round pick of the Cowboys and wearing the famed No. 88 on your back -- the same number worn by Dallas stars such as Drew Pearson, Michael Irvin and Dez Bryant.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Cowboys' Dak Prescott has turned backyard field into his home office

As Dak Prescott looks out to his backyard these days, he can see the spoils of his success as the Dallas Cowboys' quarterback. Growing up in Haughton, Louisiana, he would play football anywhere -- the street, a sliver of land most likely without grass, a parking lot. He just wanted to play, and those spots sparked his love affair with football and helped build a work ethic that carries him to this day. Now at age 27 and entering his fifth year with the Cowboys, Prescott can practice anywhere he wants in the finest facilities the NFL has to offer at The Star or in Southern California where he works with his personal coaches at 3DQB. So, what's new? Prescott doesn't even have to leave his house now.