I hate adults who use the phrase "should I ask Santa for...*insert item*"...

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Should I ask Santa for Christy Hemme?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Dr Fauci says Santa has been following all the Covid protocols and should be right on schedule this year.

CaptainWacky

Some of my posts have certainly aged poorly.

CaptainWacky

Okay when I started the CaptainWacky account on TrekBBS back in 2001 I saw it as a "parody" account. That meant I could "parody" the trolls who were (amusingly!) infesting the board at the time with my own outlandish trollish posts, but get off without any punishment by basically saying "I was only joking lol!" afterwards. I thought this was fine at the time, looking back I suppose I was just trolling like everyone else. My posts in the early days of the MF (when it was still a "spam forum") were an extension of that and I'd post stupid shit like "RAPE LOL" because in my mind I was making fun of the kind of person who would post "RAPE LOL." But of course to anyone reading I was, myself, the kind of person who'd post "RAPE LOL." I hope you all know I've learned and grown and changed since then and I'm now much sensitive and understanding to why that kind of shit isn't funny no matter the context.

DEATH TO SPANISH PEOPLE LOL BRING BACK THATCHER.

MODMAN

Okay when I started the CaptainWacky account on TrekBBS back in 2001 I saw it as a "parody" account. That meant I could "parody" the trolls who were (amusingly!) infesting the board at the time with my own outlandish trollish posts, but get off without any punishment by basically saying "I was only joking lol!" afterwards. I thought this was fine at the time, looking back I suppose I was just trolling like everyone else. My posts in the early days of the MF (when it was still a "spam forum") were an extension of that and I'd post stupid shit like "RAPE LOL" because in my mind I was making fun of the kind of person who would post "RAPE LOL." But of course to anyone reading I was, myself, the kind of person who'd post "RAPE LOL." I hope you all know I've learned and grown and changed since then and I'm now much sensitive and understanding to why that kind of shit isn't funny no matter the context.

DEATH TO SPANISH PEOPLE LOL BRING BACK THATCHER.

Those sure were the days.

I wish I could go back and see some of the shit I posted in the early days. Hmmm. Or, maybe not.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
But what did you do with your c3po costume? AND YOUR GOLDEN DONG?

Sorry, I know IT'S NOT OKAY.

Mirah

I love you
And the jawa.

I went back to see if my reaction was overdone and I had the same reaction, but also I GET IT!

jack

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant.

CaptainWacky

I wish I could go back and see some of the shit I posted in the early days. Hmmm. Or, maybe not.

They sure were powerful days like a MAELSTROM.

CaptainWacky

I don't think I did.

WHO WROTE THE FAKE BRIEFING ROOM THREADS THOUGH, DID WE EVER FIND OUT?

jack

Most everything's been archived I think.