I haven't mentioned WF in literally MONTHS.

Oerdin

Is John the one that worked for Gm and was always going on about how wonderful da union was??

No, John is a 30 something guy who whines about being poor and not being able to afford his insulin regularly. He was super into My Little Pony and furries so much so that he started a forum specializing in just in that. Why a grown man was so into sexualizing a children’s cartoon show is unknown but I think we can all honestly say it is at best unhealthy and at worst the actions of a pedophile seeking child victims. I recall him saying he was well over 300 pounds and he never mentioned his work but I always imagined he worked part time in fast food or something despite being 35 or something.

I doubt that is normal even in Ohio.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
You guys still fucking around with that lame-assed board?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Like the kids who didn't go to prom got put in charge of things and now it's payback time.

Knight Templar

I've often had trouble finding the right adjective to describe so many at Wordforge. One of the best words that I've settled on is "sanctimonious". They are fanatical collectors of virtue signaling. Which is one of the reasons I'm convinced they love Star Trek: Discovery so much.

The Question

Eternal
Discovery is utter garbage with a Mary Sue for a main character, a cynical nostalgia cash grab the nature of which is laid bare by total disrespect for the rest of the franchise, and insufferable “woke” sermonizing under the hood. Of course they love it.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Admittedly, it started shedding those aspects in Season 2.

Mostly because the guy who was putting them all in got the boot.

(I mean seriously, would Season 2 TRULY be SJW-stuff since it had Captain Pike - a straight, white cis-male - be unambiguously heroic? That's practically the SJW equivalent of blaspheming against every god in every religion.)

Last edited:

The Question

Eternal
Admittedly, it started shedding those aspects in Season 2.

Mostly because the guy who was putting them all in got the boot.

(I mean seriously, would Season 2 TRULY be SJW-stuff since it had Captain Pike - a straight, white cis-male - be unambiguously heroic? That's practically the SJW equivalent of blaspheming against every god in every religion.)

True, they did “course correct” in Season 2. But I think it was more out of a sense that their “get woke” was about to “go broke” and they knew it, rather than anything of higher ideals.

And don’t forget that Micheal (or Tom or Jack or Roy, whatever name they gave Mary Sue to make her all Stunning And Brave) was still just an insufferable Plot Device. Oh, the Big Mystery was her the whole time! HUZZAHhhhh... ahhhh... eh... *yawn*. Might have had more impact if the show hasn’t been About Her from the first scene onward.

Last edited:

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Point. But it DOES at least show that they're willing to listen to fans, which is more than can be said about Berman & Braga - ESPECIALLY during the early ENT years.

(Personally, I consider Discovery Season 2 to be canon, but take a "broad strokes" approach to Season 1.)

The Question

Eternal
Discovery isn’t worth paying for, no. Season 2 is better enough than Season 1 only insofar as it’s good enough to watch - but not good enough to pay for.

Knight Templar

Discovery isn’t worth paying for, no. Season 2 is better enough than Season 1 only insofar as it’s good enough to watch - but not good enough to pay for.

I have a strong feeling Picard won't be either. The more and more I hear about it, Picard seems like just an attempt to milk TNG era Trek fans by playing on the (overblown) reputation of Patrick Stewart and his most famous character.

The Question

Eternal
I have a strong feeling Picard won't be either. The more and more I hear about it, Picard seems like just an attempt to milk TNG era Trek fans by playing on the (overblown) reputation of Patrick Stewart and his most famous character.

Yep, TNG is now nostalgia bait just like TOS. Feel old yet? :bigass:

Knight Templar

For whatever reason I've watched every episode of the thing. I sort of view it as an unintentional comedy, it works better that way.

There are a couple of idiots on wordforge who think Discovery is the best Star Trek ever because one of the characters used the word "fuck". Seriously, that was the basis of a series of posts about the show.

The Question

Eternal

And it came to pass that you started looking more right about that with each passing day. Picard is going to be "woke", too, because apparently even SPS is on board with shitting on Star Trek with that garbage.