If I'd have known killing a black guy would make us forget the coronavirus...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
We could've killed 2 birds with one stone and gotten rid of Blackhawk.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I think he meant that guy and his two other accounts we currently have on ignore.

The Question

Eternal
Wouldn't that be Blackhunt? (see what I did there, eh, EH!)

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Black Lives Matter

The Movement for Black Lives received further support from "Democracy for America" following the release of its policy platform. One of the primary goals of the Movement for Black Lives is to promote a democracy that is more representative of black communities in America. For decades, we have been fighting to improve the material conditions of our lives. We have fought against and worked to overcome systemic racism, economic inequality, and mass incarceration. Now, during a global pandemic, the impact of this bias is clearer than ever.

Last edited:

jack

Wouldn't that be Blackhunt? (see what I did there, eh, EH!)

He probably has one. I know he acts like one. Nice to not have to see his bullshit anymore.

jack

The Question

Eternal
Cops who kill taxpayers, unless under direct threat of death from same, should be skinned alive, then lit on fire, then stomped out.

A badge is not supposed to be a "get away with murder" card. No matter the skin color of the wearer or the victim. Nobody who uses the temporarily-lent power of use-of-force to abuse or kill a taxpayer should survive having done it.

Guy had a gun in his hand? Then he's a threat that has to be neutralized. Necessary evil right there. He's not armed? You've got him in cuffs already? If he dies, you die. Ideally, right then and there. 50 motherfuckers with crowbars and baseball bats spread your brains on the sidewalk like that shit was bread and your name was mother fuckin' Smuckers.

Because we have two competing traditions in this country:

Tradition 1: The rule of law. You don't victimize innocent people without paying for it.

Tradition 2: Abuse of authority meets violent and overwhelming retaliation. We did it to the fuckin' redcoats, and if you think your badge means you can fuck with us even one single nanometer beyond the scope of enforcing the law, we'll give you a dose of the same medicine.

Last edited:

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
On a semi-related note, a big difference between the Bond novels and the movies is the "license to kill." And the unlimited expense account. The TWO big differences between the Bond novels and the movies are the "license to kill." And the unlimited expense account. And the gadgets. AMONG the big differences...right, I'll come in again. *NOBODY* EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!

Anyways, in the books Bond doesn't have a "license to kill." But he does kill people if he has to. But he spends almost more time covering up the killing than he does on the actual killing. After he kills someone he has to figure out how to make it look like an accident or a suicide or whatever so it doesn't raise any unpleasant questions. So yeah, if even James Bond doesn't get to nonchalantly murder people, maybe street cops shouldn't either.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I feel like the police are bungling this all. I mean instead of going toe-to-toe and getting out the tear gas and rubber bullets, they could've used that money to put on a block party. Fry up some chicken and carve up some watermelon; maybe get a DJ. It's hard to loot with a full belly.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
I don't know what's going on in other cities, but here in Little Rock a lot of the violent protesters running around at night are honkies. Some have been arrested.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Have an acquaintance back in Portland, OR, who has a disagreeable neighbor--puts fake police tickets on cars on the street and bitches about people parking on the street in front of his house. My friend decided to ignore the guy and now he finds bags of dogshit on his windshield and trash in the bed of his pickup. Asked for advice on what to do, since he has no proof--and the police are already kind of busy with other things.

I said he should spraypaint "BLM" on the guy's car and then burn his house down.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Have an acquaintance back in Portland, OR, who has a disagreeable neighbor--puts fake police tickets on cars on the street and bitches about people parking on the street in front of his house. My friend decided to ignore the guy and now he finds bags of dogshit on his windshield and trash in the bed of his pickup. Asked for advice on what to do, since he has no proof--and the police are already kind of busy with other things.

I said he should spraypaint "BLM" on the guy's car and then burn his house down.

There's an old joke that's sort of apropos here:

An old man checks on things before he goes to bed one night, and sees the light on in his shop. He looks out there, and there are two burglars helping themselves to his tools, so he calls the police only to be told that all units were busy and it would be a while before anyone came. So he hangs up, waits five minutes, then calls back and tells the dispatcher not to worry because he killed both of the burglars. Cops cars pull up at his house within five minutes and arrest the burglars. The lead cop approaches him and says "I thought you said you killed them." The old man replies "I thought you guys were busy."

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. This is going to ramble a bit. Joking aside, I'm trying to get my brain around this. You know how there always used to be a bunch of movies at the same time? Someone is making a mob movie so you get a bunch of mob movies. Someone is making a Western so you get a bunch of Westerns. I always chalked that up to the lack of imagination in Hollywood and the desire to make a quick buck if a genre turns out to be hot.

In a way this race thing feels a bit like that. You get Ahmad Aubery gunned down by theoretically respectable people for the crime of jogging. You get laid-off security guard George Floyd killed by veteran cops in a bungled arrest for allegedly passing a bogus $20 bill, and you get you get EMT Breonna Taylor killed by police executing an arrest warrant. I can kind of see why people are pissed off.

Of those, the Taylor one could almost be explained as a tragic misunderstanding. I'm going from memory and hearsay but it sounds like the person they were after was known to live at that address (but he wasn't there). I can see someone tired from a long day, woken from their sleep to their door being smashed down by a bunch of men reacting in a way that would get them shot. Heck, if I woke up to people breaking into my house, I'd go for a gun. And since they would be expecting trouble and I'd still be trying to wake up and figure out what was going on--and armed with a fairly puny pistol against multiple attackers, I'd probably wind up dead. I don't know that this is what happened in the Taylor case, just putting that out there. The other 2, there's really no way to rationalize them.

I could try to come up with a conspiracy by George Soros and the Pentavirate arranging all this to destabilize the US, but you really can't. They've got sleeper agent rednecks who stand ready to gun down a jogger? 17 year police veterans who will murder a not resisting suspect on camera in front of dozens of witnesses? I don't buy it.

The other argument is that this kind of shit just happens EVERY DAY and the press just decided to report it to create this. That would mean that all these people bitching about how unfair life is to black people are really right and I have a hard time getting my brain around that. I don't understand disliking someone because of their skin color.

The last way to try to make sense of this is to say this kind of shit just happens EVERY DAY but WHITE (and yellow, red, and brown) people are EQUALLY the victim of this kind of shit. But that really doesn't make sense either.

The final wrinkle--that really isn't related to anything above is some restaurateur from the wrong side of the tracks got himself killed yesterday by shooting at police and National Guardsmen. Had security camera footage on the news tonight. He's got a bunch of people piled into his kitchen and he opens the back door and busts off a shot with a handgun. Then a few seconds later he opens the door and pops off a couple more shots. At this point fire is returned and he gets killed by a shot to the chest. I don't understand this either. The first rule if you're outmanned and outgunned is to try to avoid getting into a fight. The second rule is if you can't avoid getting into a fight, don't fire 2 shots from the same place. You've got to move after every shot. So I don't understand...I dunno. Maybe he thought it was looters. Who knows? Tragic and pointless.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
My 2 cents...

Many years ago, I confidentially asked a black cop I knew what he thought about racial profiling. His reply: "it works."

A door swings both ways. Does the US systematically treat black people like crap? Yes. It does. Has from the beginning. No doubt. My question is: why? Like Jews who have been persecuted for 2500 years no matter where they go, I have to ask myself "are you doing something to bring this on?" Now, that's a slippery slope, because you can easily place all the blame on the affected party, and that's not fair. But I think there's broadly some shared blame here. Cops are fully aware that blacks, and especially black males, are statistically more prone to being violent... especially when confronted, and act accordingly.

The question here is: is that attitude systemic, or is it limited to certain cops? I think it's both. I think all cops know that when they approach a black male as a suspect, the odds of that breaking bad are good, but most attempt to de-escalate the situation, while some don't. Those are the ones who take it too far, and George Floyd was an example.

One thing is for sure: race has been the number one, under the table question on this continent since 20 slaves were brought to Jamestown. The treatment of blacks in the US is one issue, the presence of blacks among a predominately white culture into which they will never fully blend is another; blacks speak a white language (more or less), wear white clothes, live in white designed neighborhoods and houses, go to schools that are white oriented, and operated in a white consumerist culture... yet they never fully integrate no matter how many books you open at them or how many man pants you coax them into. American society is always going to have that ugly divide in it, and I see no viable solution.