"I'm just an everyday poster like the you all..."

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Paladin is back and busy tilting at windmills over there. He's calmly making rational arguments to people who have no authority or ability to change things who spin emotional rants based on the fevered narrative in their heads (and that isn't an exaggeration). http://www.wordforge.net/index.php?threads/why-is-gturner-banned.112637/page-2

Meanwhile the people who are theoretically in charge mostly sit on the sidelines and ignore the conversation and the people who actually have authority are even more detached.

The Question

Eternal
Of course. Because equity is not what they want. It's not in their interests. What they want is exactly what they've built: an echo chamber where dissenters are either bullied into silence or, failing that, ejected "for the greater good."

The Question

Eternal
If you've got nothing to say, say nothing.

Oerdin

You should have seen Anc on his thread locking rampage this morning. After four months of coming up with different excuses (none of which held up) for why GTurner was permabanned Anc finally said it was because GT some how broke Anc's new "don't be an asshole rule". As to name and link to any where GT had supposedly been an asshole Anc belly flopped, was unable to find a link to a single post to support his claim, then quickly locked the thread because he had shit all over his face. What a coward.

The Question

Eternal
gturner was banned for the same reason I was -- for refusing to align with the "cool kids" and for presenting posts they consistently could not provide any compelling counterpoint to.

In my case, the answer was to mischaracterize my posting style, then flip their shit when I adjusted my posting style to their characterization of it. They still like that game, by the way -- when I offered to take over for Eggs in the event he's tired of moderating this joint, they dishonestly characterize that offer as "begging", which it in no way actually resembled.

In gturner's case, bereft of compelling counterpoints to his posts, they resort to characterizing his posts as "lies" -- without ever showing how he has ever lied.

El Chupacabra

I'm not wearing any pants!!
gturner was banned for the same reason I was -- for refusing to align with the "cool kids" and for presenting posts they consistently could not provide any compelling counterpoint to.

In my case, the answer was to mischaracterize my posting style, then flip their shit when I adjusted my posting style to their characterization of it. They still like that game, by the way -- when I offered to take over for Eggs in the event he's tired of moderating this joint, they dishonestly characterize that offer as "begging", which it in no way actually resembled.

In gturner's case, bereft of compelling counterpoints to his posts, they resort to characterizing his posts as "lies" -- without ever showing how he has ever lied.
ROFL

You were banned because you were a poor troll who overestimated his own talents and let himself get manipulated into a weak arse ban, thinking he could get away with making threats to the board. Nothing to do with your poorly articulated political opinions.

You would have gotten back sooner or later. Instead, you thought you were smarter and effectively permabanned yourself by spreading personal info around and encouraging people here to fuck with the work lives of people at WF. That action, combined with the fact that you still bang on about WF over here now, show that the whole thing got to you. Your repeated attempts to revise history do not change how pathetic your behaviour has been and how you have made an absolute joke of yourself. But you, me, and pretty much everyone on WF knows the reason you remain banned, and therefore your situation is and will never been the same as @gturner.

Derp indeed.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker

In my eyes, you'll always be a "cool kid". But then again so will that special kid that lived down the street smacking himself in the head with bricks.

Astaroth

one man revolution
ROFL

You were banned because you were a poor troll who overestimated his own talents and let himself get manipulated into a weak arse ban, thinking he could get away with making threats to the board. Nothing to do with your poorly articulated political opinions.

You would have gotten back sooner or later. Instead, you thought you were smarter and effectively permabanned yourself by spreading personal info around and encouraging people here to fuck with the work lives of people at WF. That action, combined with the fact that you still bang on about WF over here now, show that the whole thing got to you. Your repeated attempts to revise history do not change how pathetic your behaviour has been and how you have made an absolute joke of yourself. But you, me, and pretty much everyone on WF knows the reason you remain banned, and therefore your situation is and will never been the same as @gturner.

Derp indeed.

Dinner's not banned here either, you know. Why post here but not WF? :mystery:

The Question

Eternal
ROFL

You were banned because you were a poor troll who overestimated his own talents and let himself get manipulated into a weak arse ban yarp yarp yarp...

We both know what brought that on. I was targeted because my politics don't align with the staff. I was banned because the staff and those whose politics do align with the staff's had no serious counterpoints to my claims.

In short: because it was easier to shut me up (at least there at WF) with a ban than to actually debate me.

The ban only persists because since the arbitrary and petty ban was never going to be lifted, I settled accounts myself rather than wait for anyone at WF to do it.

And I was right to do that; see in evidence gturner. He didn't do a god damn thing that was ban-worthy, either before or after the fact, and yet his ban hasn't been, and won't be, lifted either.

So the pretense that I did anything banworthy before the ban was levied is horseshit. The pretense that I did anything to justify the ban after the fact is also horseshit.

The Question

Eternal
Put it this way: Want to legitimize keeping me banned on the basis that I made you pay for it afterward?

Unban gturner, who didn't.

Show us all that it makes a difference.

The Question

Eternal
I'd really love to puff up and gloat and make like I'm the Lex Luthor to WF's Superman, but I can't.

Because Superman isn't a hypocritical chickenshit. :)