Important question for Tiff!!!!

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I gotta know, it's bothered me for a long time:

Exactly how many chins ARE in a chinese phone book?

Neil

Out of the closet
Isn't Chang the most common surname?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
How Long is a Chinaman's name.

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
Donovan said:
I gotta know, it's bothered me for a long time:

Exactly how many chins ARE in a chinese phone book?

Books have chins??? If they are fat, do they therefore have DOUBLE CHINS?

Tyrant

Why are you retreating from our convo, Luci?

Bladev1

Another question for tiff
If you ring up wing do you get a wong number?

SSgt_Sniper

Factional Warfare
Wrong. Just wrong. Funny, but wrong. :)

tiff_7_17

Skin is my daddy
Aha...don't worry, I will answer all your questions:

1. I don't know how many Chins there are in a Chinese phone book; This is because i'm pretty sure chinese people dont have phone books in the traditional sense. There are 1.3 billion of them and they aren't so down on landlines.

2. And no, if you ring up wing...you get a long number.

My favorite Chinglish expression, and FYI to all you bleeding hearts...CHINESE kids learning English call it that...is Delishors.
Chinese kids say "Delishors" instead of "Delicious"...so one of my teacher friends here at the end of each lesson goes:

"Remember kids!! There is no R in DELICIOUS!"...I dunno...I guess you kinda have to be here for it to be the full extent of hilarious.

Shatna

SOINT PLUT!
My very heart bleeds with offendedness!!!!

tiff_7_17

Skin is my daddy
Well geesh...not the response I was really looking for...:/
I'll give somebody an egg roll if they boost my karma up a bit (wink wink)

(Psst...they don't have egg rolls...at least not in this part of China...i'll have to pick some up when I get home)

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
How Wrong is a Chinaman's name?

tiff_7_17

Skin is my daddy
I have no idea...

But i'm good friends with a guy named Ling Hong Tao (seriously) so maybe i'll ask him.

tiff_7_17

Skin is my daddy
Shu, ma?

Wor boo ming bai...

Dway boo shee...

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
tiff_7_17 said:
Aha...don't worry, I will answer all your questions:

1. I don't know how many Chins there are in a Chinese phone book; This is because i'm pretty sure chinese people dont have phone books in the traditional sense. There are 1.3 billion of them and they aren't so down on landlines.

2. And no, if you ring up wing...you get a long number.

My favorite Chinglish expression, and FYI to all you bleeding hearts...CHINESE kids learning English call it that...is Delishors.
Chinese kids say "Delishors" instead of "Delicious"...so one of my teacher friends here at the end of each lesson goes:

"Remember kids!! There is no R in DELICIOUS!"...I dunno...I guess you kinda have to be here for it to be the full extent of hilarious.

I doubt you are even in China. I would bet you are in Edmonton's Chinatown. Natch. No Canadian would ever seek to visit China. Not when we have the largest Chink population in the world outside of China.

Neil

Out of the closet
I ate at a Panda Express a couple times. They kinda suck.