In Which The Democrat Party Puts The Barrel In Its Mouth And Pulls The Trigger With Its Toe

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
I would just like to mention something about rural dwellers, considering that The Highwayman mentioned them. They may perform a vital function in society (food production), but having lived over 20 years among them, I'd just like to say that a lot of them.... are also some of the stupidest motherfuckers to ever disgrace this planet. I mean, if they were black instead of white, they'd almost certainly be members of New Age Posting.

These are people who think that God personally blesses their lottery tickets, that rewards cards are the "Mark of the Beast", who are willfully ignorant (and willfully illiterate - not "can't read", just "can't be assed to read even the most in-your-face signs"), blow all their money on scratch-off lottery tickets (then use their winnings to buy more), and are astoundingly ignorant about their own religion, despite insisting on shoving it down everyone's throats, Middle East-style.

And don't even get me started on the Amish, who are basically one big inbred cult that somehow mashes together the worst aspects of the Abrahamic religions with all the... well... everything of a certain religion founded by L. Ron Hubbard.

The Question

Eternal
What Ancalagon isn't factoring in (surprise! Why would he?) is that the impeachment charade is visibly corrupt and is damaging Democrats' electoral chances in 2020. You can't swan dive off the deep end into an empty pool like that and expect anything good to come of it.

The massive improprieties of this process have been a disservice to the American people. If, in fact, there *was* evidence of improper conduct, as the House insist, why would they actively suppress that evidence, which is the only sensible reason to silence a purported witness?

Washington Times take courtesy of Samuel Dewey.

The longer it's gone, the more oppose it. And how do you think that makes the hyper-partisan process look -- and those driving it?

The Question

Eternal
I would just like to mention something about rural dwellers, considering that The Highwayman mentioned them. They may perform a vital function in society (food production), but having lived over 20 years among them, I'd just like to say that a lot of them.... are also some of the stupidest motherfuckers to ever disgrace this planet. I mean, if they were black instead of white, they'd almost certainly be members of New Age Posting.

These are people who think that God personally blesses their lottery tickets, that rewards cards are the "Mark of the Beast", who are willfully ignorant (and willfully illiterate - not "can't read", just "can't be assed to read even the most in-your-face signs"), blow all their money on scratch-off lottery tickets (then use their winnings to buy more), and are astoundingly ignorant about their own religion, despite insisting on shoving it down everyone's throats, Middle East-style.

And don't even get me started on the Amish, who are basically one big inbred cult that somehow mashes together the worst aspects of the Abrahamic religions with all the... well... everything of a certain religion founded by L. Ron Hubbard.

Taking it as a given that they believe a lot of stupid shit -- and I happen to agree with you wholeheartedly that that's the case -- look what ignoring + denigrating them gets politicians? I'd dare say that while the majority of them may believe some stupid shit, that's not exactly a factor of differentiation between them and politicians. You can be smart, you can shit on the voters you need to win, but even career politicians should have figured out that you can't do both.

Ancalagon

What Ancalagon isn't factoring in (surprise! Why would he?) is that the impeachment charade is visibly corrupt and is damaging Democrats' electoral chances in 2020. You can't swan dive off the deep end into an empty pool like that and expect anything good to come of it.

The massive improprieties of this process have been a disservice to the American people. If, in fact, there *was* evidence of improper conduct, as the House insist, why would they actively suppress that evidence, which is the only sensible reason to silence a purported witness?

Washington Times take courtesy of Samuel Dewey.

The longer it's gone, the more oppose it. And how do you think that makes the hyper-partisan process look -- and those driving it?

The polling tracker I posted was UPDATED DEC. 25, 2019, AT 9:12 AM.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Not very accurate at all.

Here's the lay of the land: the DEMs are so out of touch with their constituents that they are pretty much guaranteed to lose the next POTUS election and probably the one after that. They are going to have to come off their high horses and listen to what people want. Trump did.

After two failed elections, one of two things is going to happen: best case scenario is that some young turks are going to take over the party and boot the old guard out of leadership while actually listening to the wants of the people, or the Democratic Party is going to fade into history. Parties go away; when is the last time you voted for a Whig?

The Question

Eternal
The young turks you speak of are already in, in the form of "the squad" -- and they're so hard left that they, coupled with the mockery of an impeachment they helped force Pelosi into, are bound to tank their entire party.

They are the future of the Democrat Party -- and because of them, the Democrat Party has no future.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
The young turks I refer to are ones who are intelligent enough to understand that they have to listen to what the voters want and not tell the voters what they want... like the current DEMs are doing. That's the last best hope for the Democratic party.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Anc lives in an echo chamber where he only hears what he wants to hear. There's no point in trying to say anything unless he agrees with it. He'll spend 37 paragraphs and 15 rigged studies, explaining why water isn't actually wet rather than say "Huh. Maybe I *don't* know Everything."

The Question

Eternal
Meanwhile, the Trump administration's policies have launched the U.S. economy to stratospheric heights, according to RealClearPolitics, of all sources, while every Democrat running has so far promised to reverse that prosperity and take us back to the Obama-era "new normal" of managed deterioration. How does that seem like it'll play to a newly more prosperous electorate? Obama, first and foremost, and with him all Democrats said that the prosperity we're living in now wasn't even possible anymore. Well, under their steal-from-the-poor-and-give-to-themselves-and-their-friends scheme, it isn't, maybe, but under an administration that actually represents the American people, it sure as hell is.

The Question

Eternal
Hey, Anc, since I have little doubt you'll pop in here to be my little tether-ball again sooner or later...

Remember this? :sarek:

Cling tight to those polls, though, ya smug fucker. We blew 'em out of the water before, and we're gonna do it again. :naughty:

The Question

Eternal
These are people who... are willfully illiterate - not "can't read", just "can't be assed to read even the most in-your-face signs"...

Just re-read this and it reminded me of a quote by Mark Twain: "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."

Ancalagon

RIP Democratic Party. :(

The Question

Eternal
Not sure what you're on about. They cheated their black little hearts out to get Kamala Harris into the Oval Office. Of course, whether or not the cheating stands is not yet a settled matter.

Ancalagon

Say goodbye to the Democrat Party. They just ended themselves, in spectacularly gory fashion. They've just thrown away 2020, and since -- as long as Trump is in office -- they will only continue to have no platform other than "Orange Man Bad", they'll have nothing, again, in 2024. This guarantees at least 8 more years of Republican dominance in national government.

Now watch the replies to this. Watch how they're all, "RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAWWW!" instead of any introspection, any even hint of, "Y'know...? Maybe it's just not enough to denigrate the opposing majority of voters. Maybe we should try to figure out why they'd vote against what we say their interests ought to be. Maybe we don't know what their interests "ought to" be... maybe we should listen, just to see what happens.

Won't be any of that, thank God. They'll keep alienating voters by acting like dictators, and their broad influence will continue to shrivel, to wither, and die, until they're just fucking gone.

Since this thread was started Dems have retaken the Whitehouse and the Senate while holding on to the House.

Not too shabby for a dead party.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Who knows where he went? Probably circle jerking with that other lizard on Gab