It appears Fuck Face is on hiatus

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
It's the little things that count.

Mirah

I love you
I seriously want to say a really racist thing like, "Well maybe I will wear black face so that the white women will feel they are standing up for someone"
But no
I will not say that. (I just did)
I am probably going to wear my yoga pants and a shirt and my keens for walking. Or shorts if it is hot. And then maybe something different if it is really hot and I can jump in the lake for a swim.

I did discuss it with a few people and they think it is important for us to show up even though it is a small town. It will be interesting to see how many will be there.

The Question

Eternal
I seriously want to say a really racist thing like, "Well maybe I will wear black face so that the white women will feel they are standing up for someone"

Nah, you don't really have to try that hard to say something racist, anymore. Check this out:

Derek Chauvin was a shitty cop with a long history of -- well, if we're unreasonably charitable, we might call it, "questionable judgment when it came to use of force" -- but which if we're reasonable, we'd say he was a violent fucking psycho with a badge. What Derek Chauvin did was on his head; his still having the badge which enabled and encouraged him to do it rests on the heads of the Minneapolis Police Department which should have taken that badge away from him long before he murdered George Floyd under the pretext of enforcing the law. Some share of the culpability, whether lesser or greater than Minneapolis P.D.'s, may well rest with the police union, because such unions often make it difficult to fire, let alone criminally prosecute, cops like Chauvin.

That's an example of the kind of nuanced conversation this country really does seriously need to have about putting into place what we might, with tongue in cheek but serious intentions, call "common sense cop control laws" -- because no matter how we might disagree about "assault weapons", I think you'll find a much stronger consensus that we sure as hell don't need "assault cops" on our streets.

But look at Chauvin's extensive record of excessive force and other complaints both from the public and internally at Minneapolis P.D. and it becomes overwhelmingly clear that this wasn't a case of a white cop murdering a black guy -- this was a case of a psycho cop murdering an unresisting citizen. Race wasn't a factor in that murder, as further evidenced by the polyracial makeup of the four cops involved in that arrest.

^^See what I did there? Declined a transaction on the race card. And in the Clown World in which we all now reside, actively not being a racist (by refusing to knee-jerk-reflexively make every-damn-thing about race) is "racist".

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
HAYOJkc.jpg

The Question

Eternal
Actually, it's easier than all of that. Not being racist against white people = racism.

jack

All lives matter is a classic example of a racist dog whistle. Especially poignant this week.

The Question

Eternal
All lives matter is a classic example of a racist dog whistle. Especially poignant this week.

"All lives matter" only implies that some lives don't if you don't understand the meaning of the word All. Because singling out only some lives does, indeed, imply that others don't matter.

Bad cops abuse and murder citizens irrespective to the races of their victims. Insisting that it only matters when it happens to victims of one race injects race into what isn't a race problem. And doing that is racist.

The Question

Eternal
Okay, now try that response again after disabling Racism.EXE :sarek:

jack

:looking: Instead of saying "look at them ruining their protest by looting" we should be saying "we need to stop killing black people"

The Question

Eternal
:looking: Instead of saying "look at them ruining their protest by looting" we should be saying "we need to stop killing black people"

Why is that a matter of "instead of"? It's possible to recognize more than one fact at a time.

We need to stop hiring cops that kill innocent people, period. How does rioters killing innocent people too, and destroying the livelhoods of innocent people, get that job done? How is total obliteration of any moral legitimacy your cause, at the beginning, had not only absolute claim to but total consensus on across the political spectrum, how does that help?

jack

Well I live in vermont. There are like 2200 blacks total in the state, so we don't see much of that here, except when rednecks think they're out of earshot of others.

The Question

Eternal
In Iowa myself, now, so probably even fewer black folks here. The only place a news scan reveals riots here was in Des Moines. I'm not implying that that's because "that's where the black people are" -- I'm implying that it's because that's where the people who live in a city are. Could it be that turning what should be a protest into a riot is a result of environment and the attendant opportunity for gain through violence, theft, and the intersection of the two, rather than race?

TL;DR: Maybe the rioting is the result of opportunistic criminals presented with more shit they wanna steal, emboldened by anarcho-communist agitators sparking a huge cloud of criminal violence which overwhelms law enforcement and gives the criminal element the 'all clear'.

The Question

Eternal
Cases in point, the pics of one white guy hauling off a shopping cart full of shit from Target and, more notoriously, the white looter walking out of a cheesecake shop with a whole fucking cheesecake. How the fuck was that a statement of solidarity with George Floyd? The guy was murdered, he didn't choke to death on a fuckin' cheesecake. o_O

jack

Yeah that cheesecake thing was abhorrent. It was the white guys smashing shit up while blacks were trying to stop them which got me.

jack

The Question

Eternal
Ponder this: The opposing statement to "All lives matter" is "Not all lives matter." Is that the message anybody wants to send? If so, why?

jack

Nah, you don't really have to try that hard to say something racist, anymore. Check this out:

Derek Chauvin was a shitty cop with a long history of -- well, if we're unreasonably charitable, we might call it, "questionable judgment when it came to use of force" -- but which if we're reasonable, we'd say he was a violent fucking psycho with a badge. What Derek Chauvin did was on his head; his still having the badge which enabled and encouraged him to do it rests on the heads of the Minneapolis Police Department which should have taken that badge away from him long before he murdered George Floyd under the pretext of enforcing the law. Some share of the culpability, whether lesser or greater than Minneapolis P.D.'s, may well rest with the police union, because such unions often make it difficult to fire, let alone criminally prosecute, cops like Chauvin.

That's an example of the kind of nuanced conversation this country really does seriously need to have about putting into place what we might, with tongue in cheek but serious intentions, call "common sense cop control laws" -- because no matter how we might disagree about "assault weapons", I think you'll find a much stronger consensus that we sure as hell don't need "assault cops" on our streets.

But look at Chauvin's extensive record of excessive force and other complaints both from the public and internally at Minneapolis P.D. and it becomes overwhelmingly clear that this wasn't a case of a white cop murdering a black guy -- this was a case of a psycho cop murdering an unresisting citizen. Race wasn't a factor in that murder, as further evidenced by the polyracial makeup of the four cops involved in that arrest.

^^See what I did there? Declined a transaction on the race card. And in the Clown World in which we all now reside, actively not being a racist (by refusing to knee-jerk-reflexively make every-damn-thing about race) is "racist".

One other thing to note is Chauvin and Floyd knew each other. They worked together as bouncers in the same night club for a couple years. Chauvin was definitely a psychopath.

jack

Ponder this: The opposing statement to "All lives matter" is "Not all lives matter." Is that the message anybody wants to send? If so, why?

Think of it this way: If you get into a car crash and one person has a serious head injury but the others have a few bumps and bruises, the person whose life is at risk gets first priority when it comes to medical care. That doesn’t mean paramedics won’t help the rest of the passengers, but that triage places the most dire situation first in line. Or, to look at it another way, if someone keeps setting your house on fire, you'd want firefighters to do something about it. Wouldn't it upset you if instead, people kept telling you that "all houses matter equally," if yours was the one burning?