It's been awhile since we've had a TrekBBS thread.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Mainly because I at least haven't visited that place in years, nor do I still have an account there. But, I popped in over the weekend and noticed this.

Sure, the thread was ten years old but the guy who resurrected it had informative, humorous, and inside information about the subject at hand, then that Digits asshat had to read from his script and shut it down because it broke their no resurrecting dead threads rule.

Does anyone know what's up with that or why that stupid rule exists in the first place?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I had no idea that place still existed, to be honest.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I still don't really get that rule. I guess it's because most of the people in the thread had left? But I don't see what harm there is in continuing an old discussion. (I've got a thread I've been bumping for nineteen years over there because Jethro marked it not to be deleted lol.)

Last edited:

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
I still don't really get that rule. I guess it's because most of the people in the thread had left? But I don't see what harm there is in continuing an old discussion. (I've got a thread I've been bumping for nineteen years over there because Jethro marked it not to he deleted lol.)
Aww, has Jethro been around at all lately? I liked him.

CaptainWacky

He posted in my thread, but I think he just shows up once a year.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
While we're on the subject, has this old fuckwad ever done *anything* useful?

lCfmetg.png

MODMAN

You know, I returned here as a bit of a joke, out of boredom. I abused this place with some dumb, random shit - sure. But after some time here affecting a fucktard persona, I've settled in and been more myself here than I have over at that place in years.

There is a clique that is very down the middle and assured of BBS superiority - everything from YT, Reddit, Social Media is beneath their hallowed halls of genuine BBS fandom.

As for the moderators, it's as bad as the US Supreme Court. Some have been on the bench since I was a moderator FFS and that was over two decades ago.

I post there less and less. It's become a community dominated by gatekeepers; there's far more interesting conversations to be had about Trek elsewhere if one desires. Good luck saying anything negative about SNW as the groupthink has determined it's GOOD and that's that.

I still post out of a sense of ... I dunno. Only Lord Garth has been there longer. Over 22 years. I don't have edge anymore and am very self-aware when I post. I don't like it. Here, I went completely the other way and went full attention whore. The MODMAN shit gave me a bit more confidence over there but I can't be bothered with the wall of gatekeepers.

After all my dumb shit I have reverted back to the mean here at TK and am myself - I realise there are some genuine folk here. I don't get much of the weird shit that goes on jack and the dual fellow, but whatever.

As for the resurrection rule, all they can do is point you at THE RULES - there is no logic to it. You are meant to post a new thread and link back to the original. They don't explain why when they smack people's hands because RULES.

It used to be fun when I was younger and there was all sorts of melodramatic bullshit going on. TNZ isn't what it used to be either - more miscellaneous with some serious conversation; the groupthink is strongly entrenched with dissenting voices tied up by the usual suspects.

Christian works in a bar I believe and I think is aware the board still exists. TrekToday hasn't been updated in over 6 months and has only recently been removed from the side panel.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
You know, I returned here as a bit of a joke, out of boredom. I abused this place with some dumb, random shit - sure. But after some time here affecting a fucktard persona, I've settled in and been more myself here than I have over at that place in years.

There is a clique that is very down the middle and assured of BBS superiority - everything from YT, Reddit, Social Media is beneath their hallowed halls of genuine BBS fandom.

As for the moderators, it's as bad as the US Supreme Court. Some have been on the bench since I was a moderator FFS and that was over two decades ago.

I post there less and less. It's become a community dominated by gatekeepers; there's far more interesting conversations to be had about Trek elsewhere if one desires. Good luck saying anything negative about SNW as the groupthink has determined it's GOOD and that's that.

I still post out of a sense of ... I dunno. Only Lord Garth has been there longer. Over 22 years. I don't have edge anymore and am very self-aware when I post. I don't like it. Here, I went completely the other way and went full attention whore. The MODMAN shit gave me a bit more confidence over there but I can't be bothered with the wall of gatekeepers.

After all my dumb shit I have reverted back to the mean here at TK and am myself - I realise there are some genuine folk here. I don't get much of the weird shit that goes on jack and the dual fellow, but whatever.

As for the resurrection rule, all they can do is point you at THE RULES - there is no logic to it. You are meant to post a new thread and link back to the original. They don't explain why when they smack people's hands because RULES.

It used to be fun when I was younger and there was all sorts of melodramatic bullshit going on. TNZ isn't what it used to be either - more miscellaneous with some serious conversation; the groupthink is strongly entrenched with dissenting voices tied up by the usual suspects.

Christian works in a bar I believe and I think is aware the board still exists. TrekToday hasn't been updated in over 6 months and has only recently been removed from the side panel.
In short, dat place be cray-cray.

The Question

Eternal
It was once a bubbling pot of queef meat which served a highly entertaining purpose -- it was like netting a hornets' nest and slamming it into another hornets' nest. But after its purpose had been served, I had no further interest in it.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Of course the most prolific poster on TBBS is some guy named "CoolEddie74" who has a borgified Burger King as his avatar and 150% more posts than the runner-up. How could it be any other way.

CaptainWacky

I wonder who he is...