iZombie

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I was worried Liv would believe her dad over Peyton and Ravi and be really annoying about it so I'm happy that didn't happen! Candy actually got a decent ending for a minor character and I guess we'll be betting more stuff like that in the final three episodes.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
KARAOKE BAR FIGHT!

The mean food truck lady gets on my nerves, someone should scratch her.

CaptainWacky

She's a better villain than Liv's dad.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Maybe they will fall in love and make hate babies.

CaptainWacky

They'll both die in episode 12 and the finale will be Liv vs Blaine. (Prediction, not a spoiler.)

CaptainWacky

Well okay I was one episode early with Liv's dad. Not sorry to see him go. I guess I should be sad Darcy died but she never felt like a real character. And she sold her brain to a serial killer, so it was pretty obvious he'd end up killing her (Blaine totally killed her.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I was hoping Liv's dad would take inspector gadget down with him. :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

Are they ever going to explain why Liv's dad has a metal head or...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I saw that he had a weird brain, then I thought maybe it was from taking all those drugs and drinking the max rager, idk.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I always thought his hair looked really fake so I thought that was going to be a reveal where he rips off a wig to show a fully metal skull and he's like "I gave myself a METAL SKULL so no one shoots me in the brain - A ZOMBIE'S ONLY WEAKNESS" but then he just got shot in the head instead.

CaptainWacky

I guess Liv/Major is endgame.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The Oceans 11 stuff was great! Clive and the Gladys was so funny.

wtf is up with inspector gadget's dumb sideburns? Why didn't they squash his head when they had the chance? FUCK, also why dont' they just scratch all the evil humans?

The whole heist thing was so fun.

CaptainWacky

I wish they'd just kept the show fun all the way, really, because when they try to do big epic zombie/human war stuff we end up with bad characters like Enzo and Liv's dad and twenty random Fillmore Graves guys dying every week (I can't blame them for finally leaving Major!) Whereas they do the fun stuff so well.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I predict Don E will find out Blaine killed his girlfriend and he'll free Peyton and all the kids.

CaptainWacky

LOWELL WILL COME BACK SOMEHOW AND KILL BLAINE. He was Liv's best dead boyfriend.

CaptainWacky

I don't want to keep being negative, I really don't. Even though I was down on a lot of the story arc stuff this season I still enjoyed the show thanks to the characters and actors and humour and mostly fun standalone episodes.

But that was a really bad finale. I could be nice and say "well at least it wasn't as bad as the GOT finale!" but not much is!

I thought maybe the problem was that it was too rushed, and the whole season was too rushed. That maybe they needed a two hour finale at least. But if that was the case, why did they waste so much time on Liv's pointless dad and his metal head? Why wasn't he the final big bad instead of Enzo? At least that would have justified all the time spent on him. So really they could have done a good final season in 13 episodes with better planning.

So much of it just fell flat. Peyton "dies" and comes back as a zombie because they need her to be a zombie for one scene where she reveals the truth to Don E (sure was lucky that Blaine suddenly turned into an idiot and had her eat the brain of someone who witnessed him killing Don E's teenage bride!) Blaine has no final showdown with Liv or anyone, who just gets pushed down a well and that's it. We get to see Ravi crying over Peyton's death but not his reaction to her coming back.

Major gets a fake death too and then Liv does then they fake their deaths for ten years...for some reason? Like they tried to say it was because Dolly was still hunting them down, but they live in a world where zombies are accepted and how much power could Dolly have? She's managed to evade capture for TEN YEARS? Why do they even have to skip TEN YEARS instead of just, like, one? Why did Liv and Major wait so long to offer to make their friends immortal? Isn't spending eternity raising unaging zombie kids who were never as good as Isobel from last season anyway pretty creepy?

Some random Fillmore Graves person helps Major. Then dies.

Enzo gets killed by...some guy.

Dolly's son who was in one scene in one episode before this (where we found out he was her son) returns. To die instantly.

Michelle comes back for one line just so she can instantly die and Clive gets both babies. But didn't they reveal earlier in the season that her baby wasn't his?

The worse thing of all, though, was that Liv got FUCK ALL to do the whole episode. She hit Don E with a rock. That was it. It's not like she's had a long-standing rivalry with Don E or anything, so it means nothing. Otherwise she just cried at people dying (who weren't dead!)

I think there were other things that annoyed me too but I'll stop with the Liv complaint because that's the main and most damning one.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I didn't hate it, but it wasn't great. I guess we should be glad the show was so fun, and not care so much that the end was weird. There was a lot of unnecessary death, and the deaths that we wanted to happen were unsatisfying. The virtual thing at the end was really weird.

CaptainWacky

Has there ever been a satisfying "ten years later" epilogue scene in any show or movie? Or am I letting this and the awful Harry Potter one prejudice me...

SOME LOOSE ENDS I WAS THINKING ABOUT: What happened to Mr Boss and his niece the reporter? When he came back this season I figured he'd be a part of the endgame, but the last time was saw him was when he outsmarted Blaine. I guess that was the end of his character? The whole thing with Blaine being revealed as a serial killer never went anywhere, really.

What happened with the scheme to turn senators into zombies and that stuff with the brothel taking over by zombies? I guess they weren't relevant after Enzo was killed but they seemed like they were going to be important.

If everyone in the world can be immortal now by becoming zombies, surely there's going to be a massive brain shortage soon...

CaptainWacky

Fuck Veronica Mars.