Jack

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
No, It's Susan Boyle, asshat.

jack

I like to fap to fat, ugly bitches, because my wife is so goddamn stunning it gets boring.

jack

Can you imagine giving that fugly bitch a pearl necklace?

What a waste of good rope.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
is that your wife?

That is one of the three worst pictures of me that exist. At the time that picture was taken back in 2004, I had been on prednisone for six months or so and had ballooned with a weight gain of about 70 pounds. It took me about a year to get all that weight off after I stopped taking prednisone. There is a thread on TK in 2005 or 2006 where I discussed losing that weight using Weight Watchers with some other regular posters here who were having difficulty losing weight themselves. That was also the summer that I had an outbreak of rosacea. Because of my allergies and the other drugs I was on at the time, my dermatologist wouldn't prescribe me anything for the rosacea and advised me to not get hot. Yeah - try not getting hot in Texas in the summer time!

FYI regarding your discussion of Type II diabetes elsewhere - being on prednisone was what caused my diabetes, not because of the weight gain but as a separate side effect. Unfortunately, that is not uncommon.

Homo Erectus

yah El, I know there are multiple causes of diabetes. I';m just saying that obesity is one of the biggies. If you are pre diabetic one way you can help ensure you don't become diabetic is to lose weight. Loktar doesn't seem to know this or doesn't care to acknowledge it for some reason.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
You are right that obesity is the number one cause of Type II diabetes.

Loktar's problems are that he isn't monitoring his blood sugar, taking his meds and watching his diet. He needs to lose some weight too, but that would come with watching his diet.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Loktar isn't monitoring his blood sugar, taking his meds and watching his diet.

That much is correct.

When you have no hope for the future, and people you thought were your friends tell you to stfu and quit whining when you choose to tell them about your life and problems, Why bother? It will quicken my inevitable death.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
That much is correct.

When you have no hope for the future, and people you thought were your friends tell you to stfu and quit whining when you choose to tell them about your life and problems, Why bother? It will quicken my inevitable death.

Loktar, dying isn't all that great. Living is much better.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Loktar, dying isn't all that great. Living is much better.

Yeah well when your family and "alleged" friends tell you your fat, stupid, and everything you do is wrong why live? At least overeating, TV, and the internet give me some pleasure. So guess there's that to live for.

Homo Erectus

there is a lot to be said for a hedonistic lifestyle until it kills you in a diabetic coma. Or from an OD. Csn you OD from eating?

jack

there is a lot to be said for a hedonistic lifestyle until it kills you in a diabetic coma. Or from an OD. Csn you OD from eating?

Again, you're both fucking clueless.

Peas in a pod, actually.

jack

Diabetes is caused by a problem in the way your body makes or uses insulin. Insulin is needed to move blood sugar (glucose) into cells, where it is stored and later used for energy.
When you have type 2 diabetes, the body does not respond correctly to insulin. This is called insulin resistance. Insulin resistance means that fat, liver, and muscle cells do not respond normally to insulin. As a result blood sugar does not get into cells to be stored for energy.
When sugar cannot enter cells, abnormally high levels of sugar build up in the blood. This is called hyperglycemia. High levels of blood sugar often trigger the pancreas to produce more and more insulin, but it is not enough to keep up with the body's demand.
People who are overweight are more likely to have insulin resistance, because fat interferes with the body's ability to use insulin.
Type 2 diabetes usually occurs gradually. Most people with the disease are overweight at the time of diagnosis. However, type 2 diabetes can also develop in those who are thin, especially the elderly.
Family history and genetics play a large role in type 2 diabetes. Low activity level, poor diet, and excess body weight (especially around the waist) significantly increase your risk for type 2 diabetes.
Other risk factors include:

• Age greater than 45 years
  • HDL cholesterol of less than 35 mg/dL or triglyceride level of greater than 250 mg/dL
  • High blood pressure
  • History of gestational diabetes
  • Polycystic ovarian syndrome
  • Previously identified impaired glucose tolerance by your doctor
  • Race/ethnicity (African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Native Americans all have high rates of diabetes)

jack

If you're talking about insulin resistance, you might have more of a leg to stand on.

Otherwise, just clueless as usual.

jack

Let's get this straight HE. While being overweight may be ONE of the contributing factors, it's not the primary one.

I've been the proper weight for YEARS. It's the first thing I lost, and it has had literally NO impact on the progression of the disease.

Try to keep up, K?