Just came back because Trump is banning vapes

Donovan

beer, I want beer
And I wanted to laugh at the Highwayman. What, you thought he wouldn't screw you over too? Welcome the nausea the rest of us have been feeling since fucking November 2016...

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
DONO SIGHTING

The Question

Eternal
But I'm the one who's "obsessed". Sure, pal.

Question, though:

Are you, (1) agreeing with Trump now, or are you (2) defending vaping now?

See what he's doing there? I do. ;)

jack

I've always felt vaping is not remotely healthy. Of course I quit nicotine cold turkey 35 years ago...

The Question

Eternal
Some can do that. Most can't. And no, vaping isn't 'safe'. Literally nothing meets the absolute of 'safe'. But what public "health" groups and the media refuse to do is to compare vaping to smoking and admit that, as multiple health authorities in the U.K. have found, vaping is ~95% safeR than smoking.

Which authorities? Royal College of Physicians. Public Health England. Here in the U.S., even, the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine has conducted the same research and confirmed it. (Probably because they receive no kickbacks from the pharmaceutical industry, which has a vested financial interest in seeing smokers continue to smoke, try/fail to quit with pharmaceutical products, then sicken with smoking-related diseases for which big pharma produces and sells the treatments.)

Last edited:

The Question

Eternal
Point to ponder: With uncorrupted health bodies acknowledging the comparative reduced risk nature of vaping over tobacco, we know that vaping is safer than smoking.

So why are so-called "health" groups, various cities and states trying to ban vaping -- but none of them have ever even suggested banning cigarettes from the market?

It's the money. Research a little thing called the "Master Settlement Agreement." The various states receive billions annually from the tobacco industry; in exchange, the tobacco industry is "allowed" to continue to exist. As long as the parasites continue to feed, they won't kill the host.

Then along comes vaping. Millions of smokers... quit smoking. This weakens the revenue stream the states and health groups were siphoning off the tobacco industry's profits. It also takes smokers out of the try-to-quit/fail-to-quit/try-to-quit/fail-to-quit revolving door that benefits both the tobacco industry and the pharmaceutical industry.

In short, the cattle were escaping the ranch. None of the players in the scheme want that. How are smokers escaping? Vaping.

The result is what you've been seeing since 2012: Fearmongering, unsubstantiated screeching about "dangerous chemicals", said screeching continuously repeated even after it's been debunked ad nauseam, just a screaming shit fit from the authorities in order to do what they've been doing to smokers for decades -- make them fearful enough to stick with smoking and guilt-ridden enough to accept rapacious excise taxes which don't even pay for the smoking cessation and prevention programs you're told that money is going to pay for. Maybe 10% of that money, on average, ever goes into those programs. The rest? Slush fund.

Health groups do not want smokers to quit. At no level of government -- Federal, state, county, or municipal -- does anyone want smokers to quit smoking. They want you to pay their excise (or "sin") taxes until you sicken and die. And any disruptive technology, like vaping, that punches a hole in that gas chamber and lets you out -- well, that has to be stopped.

The Question

Eternal
One last note -- for now -- yes, Trump fell for that propaganda. A lot of good people, smart people, do fall for it. Not because they're unintelligent or because they're malicious, but because they're simply not educated on the topic.

jack

I fully agree. If they can ban vaping they have to include cigarettes, since that's the original nicotine delivery system.

Will be interesting to see how this actually evolves. Props on ALL your points in your previous series of posts. Spot on.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
I've always felt vaping is not remotely healthy. Of course I quit nicotine cold turkey 35 years ago...

And took up sucking black dick instead.