Legion

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
ESPECIALLY LENNY.

CaptainWacky

This week's was really good! I'm glad Oliver and Melanie got to come back and be good guys after she betrayed the team the last time we saw her (and he was mostly just a meat puppet for Farouk.) The girl who plays teenage Syd is a good actress. Derek is a JERK as a wolf and Janet never should have made him!

The part with Cary taking Kerry's pain was sad but also nice.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh it was so good! I love the astral plane and the rap battle. lol

CaptainWacky

Did the big ice cube melt.

CaptainWacky

I wish there was more than one episode because there's a lot more stuff they could do.

I hope Aubrey's in the finale in some way.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
INTERESTING.

CaptainWacky

It was probably as good a finale as could be reasonably expected for this season. A season that was far too short and shouldn't have been the final season as there was so much more they could have done and delved into. I'm sure Noah Howley will cliam it was his decision and it was always meant to end here, but it really does feel like they had more planned. We should have gotten a whole season of David being a bad guy, THEN did the time travel stuff, THEN then seen the new timeline. Characters like Lenny should have had more to do and more satisfying endings (okay mainly Lenny but I also would have liked to have seen Amy again in some form and found out exactly what Ptonomy even was now, etc.) It was still a beautiful show and brilliantly acted, especially by Dan Stevens, and by no means would I put this in the "BAD FINALE" pile with GOT and izombie, but I think even if you loved this as a finale episode you would agree that the whole final season could have been more.

Again though, there was a lot to like here as like I said Dan Steven was great and really sold that singing scene (with all the Davids mosh pitting!) I'm not sure if I buy that all David's problems came from his parents giving him up. He did have adopted parents and a sister (who wasn't mentioned all season) who loved him. But who's to say if he'll grow up to be a good guy in the new timeline? He could become a villain again (though that clearly wasn't what we're meant to take away from it.) We'll never really know and that's a shame.

Rachel Kller was very good as Syd again too and I found Kerry and Cary's ending one of the most touching scenes. Their connectioin has always felt the most true of any on the show (though again their lives will now be completely different!)

Harry Llyod actually did make a good Xavier and I wouldn't mind a spin off show with him instructing the X-Men!!! (There's no chance that will ever happen.)

Farouk kind of being a good guy at the end doesn't exactly sit right, though I guess he isn't so much good as that he just genuinely cares for David (and he did help David earlier in the season.) Still he probably should have paid for all the bad shit he did?

Switch is actually a wormhole alien...well, okay then. Another thing that would have been better with more time but I still liked it as a thing.

Seriously the lack of Aubrey Plaza in the last three episodes was upsetting.

Anyway, this was still a show that did things no other super hero show would ever do and I really did appreciate it a lot.

Last edited:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Legion was the best weirdest Marvel show of them all, imo. I like the way they ended it. I'm glad David gets to grow up with his parents and without a monster living in his head.

Switch is time! They should do a Switch spin off. I'm glad she got her wisdom teeth.

CaptainWacky

So how come David's parents were straight out of World War 2 but he seemed to live in the present day (and was only 30 something.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I thought when David met Syd it seemed more like the 70s, which would still be a little farther in future for someone born right after WWII. Maybe it was supposed to be the 60s. Melanie and Oliver seemed like (especially Oliver) 60s hippies.

CaptainWacky

I'm sure they had modern technology sometimes!

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
They started with "It's modern day but everyone dresses like it's the 70's" and that just turned into "it's the 70's but with some future technology" I guess.