Marvel What If...?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Let's face it, I'll watch this.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Not keen on the animation style, but it's good to hear the real voices. Plus there are 22 episodes, not sure if we'll get them all on one season.

CaptainWacky

The internet says there's ten episodes in the first season.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Brilliant start, surprisingly violent.

Some good misdirects.

Looking forward to more.

CaptainWacky

I enjoyed it. The animation looked a bit stiff in talking scenes but looked very good in the action scenes. Always nice to see (well, hear) Hayley Atwell as Peggy.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I was wondering how fitting what is essentially 3/4 of a feature film story into a half hour episode would affect it's pacing and it turns out: not very well at all!

whisky

Boobie inspector
It's a feature film in a sit com time slot.

Max headroom blipvert

MODMAN

I enjoyed Amazon Carter.

It's amazing how much these characters endured without crying. If Michael Burnham had taken the serum, I count no fewer than six scenes where she would have been wailing - or at the very least had particularly moist eye balls.

CaptainWacky

It definitely gave no consideration to anyone who hasn't seen CA: TFA, and yeah they could have had some slower scenes, but for what it was it was a lot of fun, especially the Nazi killing montage set to swing music.

SAUSAGEMAN

I saw that What If? was out and got as far as the Disney+ menu page for the show when I realised that I wouldn't enjoy this episode at all so I clicked away and put on Riverdale.

I've seen neither CA:TFA nor Agent Carter! I only know Peggy as the old woman from that one movie, and also the grandmother of the girl from Revenge.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Have you never been pleasently surprised by something you weren't expecting to like but did?

SAUSAGEMAN

All the time! But idk, I only engage with the MCU very selectively and this particular ep wasn't what I was looking for out of What If?. I'll keep checking it out every week and might watch some that look interesting to me.

whisky

Boobie inspector
They pulled out all the stops for this one, apart from hiring Batista, I feel like he hasn't always done himself any favours flapping his mouth off to the press.

The Question

Eternal
If Michael Burnham had taken the serum, I count no fewer than six scenes where she would have been wailing - or at the very least had particularly moist eye balls.

Might be more accurate to suggest that there might be one or two consecutive minutes, somewhere in there, where she wouldn't have been bawling like a toddler. Raised by Vulcans, my ass.

CaptainWacky

It was fun, I liked that the whole universe was better off with T'Challa in place of Quill (well, except the ending meaning that Ego might eat us all now or whatever his plan was.) I liked that it wasn't just Guardians retold but with T'Challa (even though I did enjoy the first episode too, okay.)

Someone really should have just tried telling Thanos his plan was bullshit before now.

CaptainWacky

Delightfully devilish.

CaptainWacky

They should have had Ed Norton voicing Banner during the events of The Incredible Hulk.

At least they remembered Betty Ross exists (but didn't look or sound anything like Liv Tyler.)

CaptainWacky

It didn't have the heart of last week's or the fun action of the fist one.