Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 6

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I think it wants to invent time travel from their memories but they don't actually know how to time travel so that won't work!

CaptainWacky

Jaco was kind of cool so it's sad he blew up. But I guess someone had to. Davis is obviously possessed by Izel, right? Though at the end it seemed like maybe she'd jumped into May since I can't imagine her just shooting a prisoner in the face.

Daisy only seemed to vibrate a few of the birds but I guess the rest died when the spaceship exploded or something? If Sarge is dead how are they going to have Clark Gregg on the show? The Coulson hologram becomes sentient?

It WAS A FUN EPISODE ANYWAY.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh man, I like Jaco. Yeah, I think Davis is something. May was acting like herself right up until she shot fake Coulson. WHEN DID SHE GET POSSESSED?

CaptainWacky

Maybe Davis was asleep because Izel was possessing May at that time and then will go back into his body. Or something.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

One more season! At least they'll get to plan the ending and not get cancelled and leave us hanging.

CaptainWacky

I feel like we already knew that back when season 7 was announced, but maybe I just assumed. At least it'll end up with more episodes than all the Netflix shows combined (maybe, I haven't done the maths.)

CaptainWacky

I was right about the body-jumping (it was pretty obvious, really)! It's a shame Davis died since they just mentioned a few weeks ago that he has a kid. But they can give the kid his space pen.

I wish I could remember everything that happened with the monoliths last season and where they actually all came from. I know one of them brought Simmons to the alien planet (and Daisy's mum had it for many years) and I think it as made by the Kree? But I can't remember how they actually found the others. So BASICALLY Sarge is a transporter duplicate of Coulson and an evil non-corporeal entity (Izel's lover) from a fear dimension moved into his body many years ago? I guess there will be more exposition in the remaining episodes.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Watched streetfighter for the first time in years, didn't realise Minga Wen was in it, she looks so young.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OH, I bet the get the Coulson copy back before the season is over. Izel is a good villain.

CaptainWacky

They could stick the real Coulson's memories up his ass using magic.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Maybe his memories are in Tahiti!

CaptainWacky

This was the episode where Chloe Bennet got to do emotional acting and she was great! She's improved so much since season one.

So Flint (yes I had to look up his name) appeared at the end because Mack and Yo-Yo know he's got inhuman powers that can control the monoliths (like when he sent them back in time last season) and it's all a bit convoluted but makes sense.

I liked how the doctor didn't betray the team because Izel offered him his husband back like villains usually do, but rather to stop her from killing him again and again.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I knew Coulson would be back! I liked the way that worked out.

CaptainWacky

It was good use of reminding us she used to be called "Skye."

CaptainWacky

The first half of the finale (or first of the last two episodes, WHATEVER) was better than the second. The problem was that Izel never got much depth and wans't that compelling of a villain. The actress did a good job and had a good evil smile, but they should have introduced her earlier in the season and given her better motivation. She kept going on about how her people had no physical form but then we see their basically humanoid and wear cloaks and stuff? It was all slightly confusing.

I was happy that Sarge ended up being a bad guy since he spent all season telling May he's not the man she loved. Turns out he was right! But again this was a bit confusing and ambinguous as he did save May's life by pushing her through the portal and then just went full on evil at the end for some reason? Robot Coulson will be better because he can just act like Coulson but also he's a robot.

Did all the people from Deke's company (and Snowflake?) die when the Chronicoms blew up the Lighthouse?

Simmons was acting weird at the end so I guess she was in the future for quite a long time then came back to save the others? She looked hot though.

HEY I DON'T KNOW WHEN THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING WAS BUILT but if you can time travel to the past it would be a good time for an Agent Carter crossover! (Except they've already finished filming season seven and I've seen no reports of Hayley Atwell guest starring.)

Anyway it wasn't really a bad finale just a bit underwhelming.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh, I thought it was pretty good. The worst part was the fist fight, the sword fight, and the shrike zombies went on forever, but the rest was pretty fun. I like future Simmons.

CaptainWacky

It was better than izombie!