Microsoft Edge...

The Question

Eternal
...has actually gotten a little bit impressive, as of its most recent update. Vertical tabs? Nice. One of my favorite features from Vivaldi, and Edge actually does a fairly interesting thing with them by allowing you to set them to a "compact" mode where only the icons for the individual tabs are shown, unless you hover your cursor over them, which triggers them to dynamically expand out from the edge of the screen. Pretty slick.

Edge has also gotten a wee bit quicker when it comes to page rendering, which is always a goodness.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I saw an article on the upgrade. I've disabled it in my settings because it's a cunt of a browser. Sucks up everything for resources and slows my stuff down terribly.

That said, the tabs ARE a nice improvement. The introduced the tabs back when they first rolled out 10 to great silence for the most part, so they dropped the feature. The success of vivaldi (success=# of downloads) is making them re think that I guess.

I should learn LINUX already.

The Question

Eternal
I am ferociously apathetic as regards Linux. Violently ambivalent. lol

Lanzman

No-one of consequence
MIcrosoft Edge: We took IE and made it worse.

The Question

Eternal
Doesn't seem so awful to me. This is the Chromium-based version I'm talking about, not the... whatever-the-previous-version-was-based-on version.

The Question

Eternal
Very interested in seeing what the new (to me) Safari in Big Sur can do.

Lanzman

No-one of consequence
Meh. I use Safari or Firefox pretty much exclusively, tho I sadly have to use Edge for work stuff. Ick.

The Question

Eternal
Vivaldi remains my daily driver.

The Question

Eternal
Also, there's now an Apple Silicon native version of Vivaldi. That's how you know the Vivaldi devs are on top of their shit.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
...has actually gotten a little bit impressive, as of its most recent update. Vertical tabs? Nice. One of my favorite features from Vivaldi, and Edge actually does a fairly interesting thing with them by allowing you to set them to a "compact" mode where only the icons for the individual tabs are shown, unless you hover your cursor over them, which triggers them to dynamically expand out from the edge of the screen. Pretty slick.

Edge has also gotten a wee bit quicker when it comes to page rendering, which is always a goodness.

Yeah I like the tabs, too.