Microwaved sliders...

The Question

Eternal
...taste just like high school cafeteria lunch "burgers." Which means they're maaaybe 1% meat, if that, and the majority of the patty is really soybean patty. Still tastes okay, of course, but it's not hard to taste the difference between real meat and shaped soy-paste.

Still, for a cheap-ass lunch THING, there's worse options.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Yes, like SPAM :bigass:

The Question

Eternal
SPAMMITY-SPAAAAAAAM, WONDERFUL SPAAAAAAAAAM

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
...and apparently living in Hawaii. Oh, wait. People willingly and happily eat fried Spam and rice on Hawaii.

The Question

Eternal
Yeah, they are fuel for some pretty, um... fragrant "Blackfoots"...

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Hey now, I grew up eating fried spam and rice. Mind you we were poor too!

With a little melted swiss and hot mustard on rye its actually pretty decent.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
But back on topic, I once said that if it was possible to buy sadness, it would be dollar store toilet paper. Part of me says frozen, nuked White Castle also falls in that category, but part of me agrees with the OP. It is almost so sad that it is awesome. And I was guilty of enjoying a few when they were in the vend-o-matics at my last job. And this was when there was literally an actual White Castle on the way home from work. But the drive-thru line was maddening.

The Question

Eternal
^^That's what it is about them. There's a kind of little nihilist thrill in so not giving a shit about yourself as to eat one of those 99% soy / 1% meat hockey pucks. "Oh, you're hungry, corporeal shell? Are you? Well, here, eat this little nugget of shit on bread, hope it gives you radioactive ass cancer. I don't give a fuck about you! I don't give a fuck about me! FUCK CORPOREAL EXISTENCE, I DON'T GIVE A FUUUUUUUCK!"

It's kinda liberating in a sick, self-destructive way.