Mine Field Celebrity Deathday Thread

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
I saw her on an old Maude episode, she was playing a cleaning woman, talk about getting typecast early!!

Yeah, I saw that.

My late father loved Berta. TAAHM was one of his favorite shows.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Who'd have thought Alex Trebek would win in the end!

Such a loss, but he lived a great life. RIP.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
He's fucking the Prom Queen in Heaven now.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'm sure Eggs will say something about Alex Trebek, I'll just mention he was in one of the best episodes of The X-Files (with Jesse Ventura, of all people!)

Also mised the death several days ago of British comedy legend Geoffrey Palmer aged 93. One of my favourite Fawlty Towers guest stars.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I'm too gutted to post Alex Trebek stuff -- I saw a post on Twitter a couple minutes after the show tweeted the news, and I was all over social media about it the rest of the day, so I never got around to post something here. It was something we knew was coming, but at least he got more time than he thought he would get.

He was taping shows right up till the end of October, so they say we'll get to watch him in new episodes until Christmas Day. There's been no official talk about a new host, but the rumor mill thinks it will be Ken Jennings, the all time tournament champion. But he's busy taping Master Minds on GSN and starting up a new version of The Chase for ABC, so we'll see.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
RIP David Prowse, "Darth Vader" dead at 85

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ce...star-wars-dies-aged-85/ar-BB1bsw5v?li=BBnb7Kz

BB1bsyf4.img

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I'm too gutted to post Alex Trebek stuff -- I saw a post on Twitter a couple minutes after the show tweeted the news, and I was all over social media about it the rest of the day, so I never got around to post something here. It was something we knew was coming, but at least he got more time than he thought he would get.

He was taping shows right up till the end of October, so they say we'll get to watch him in new episodes until Christmas Day. There's been no official talk about a new host, but the rumor mill thinks it will be Ken Jennings, the all time tournament champion. But he's busy taping Master Minds on GSN and starting up a new version of The Chase for ABC, so we'll see.

It'll be Jennings for a bit, then they have some other ideas which they are keeping under wraps, from what I've been reading.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yes, they will rotate hosts for a while, basically auditioning them. Jennings is the frontrunner, but he's not my first choice. I hope they take their time and try lots of people. Better to get it right.