Mine Field Celebrity Deathday Thread

I Love Cunt

Watch It
RIP Katherine MacGregor, who portrayed the gossipy Harriet Oleson on the long-running NBC drama Little House on the Prairie, has died. She was 93.

I copied and pasted the above sentence.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I flip thru the channels when work is slow, and Little House is on around dinnertime, and sometimes I watch it.

RIP to a nice actress who played a sour character to great comic effect.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Multi-talented country music star Roy Clark, 85

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Pablo Ferro, designer and creator of iconic film titles, 83.

Many know his lettering style from the Men in Black movies, which I first saw him use in the Talking Heads concert film Stop Making Sense, although he first used it in Dr. Strangelove in the 60s.

Stop Making Sense:
hbCxM5z.jpg

The Addams Family:
1MQOXtZ.jpg

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

NOOOOO!!! :'(

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

(Sylvia's Mother used to make me cry when I was a little kid)

Ray Sawyer (the one in the eye patch) died today.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I had no idea he was Albert Brooks' brother. :(

He was also great on Arrested Development. And as Super Dave Osborne for decades. RIP.

Love Child

One Love
Carol Channing, 97

Hello Dolly
Gentlemen prefer blondes

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/15/1058...hello-dolly-actress-carol-channing-dies-at-97

Born in Seattle in 1921, Channing's parents were Christian Scientists. She recalls that she got her first glimpse of backstage delivering copies of The Christian Science Monitor to theaters.

"It came over me that I was looking at the stage and backstage of a cathedral, a temple, a mosque, a mother church," Channing wrote in her memoir Just Lucky, I Guess. "I know I'm using adult words to describe a child's feelings, but I don't know how else to tell you this simple reaction of a child to a holy place."

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
^ This is a day of mourning for me.

xJVyq1w.gif

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Did she do that stunt herself.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
That's from the movie "Thoroughly Modern Millie" BTW -- starring Julie Andrews and Mary Tyler Moore.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter