Mine Field Top 100 TV Comedy Characters discussion thread

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
What about Mrs Garret from Facts of Life?

I don't know why I immedietly went to the 80's and 70's for television shows. Weren't there any funny characters besides friends in the 90's? Did I block the 90's out? What year is this? WHERE AM I?
There was Steve Urkel from Family Matters and Balki from Perfect Strangers. Then again they might be more annoying than funny but they always made me laugh.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
^ Oh yeah, the whole TGIF block on ABC.

The 90s were dominated by Frasier, Seinfeld and Murphy Brown, also Home Improvement and Mad About You, and Friends of course.

Roseanne, Cheers, Night Court, and other 80s shows were on their last legs, and later shows like Raymond, Will and Grace and Sex and the City got started late in the decade.

Maybe 3rd Rock From the Sun? The Wonder Years? The Nanny? Cybill?

I posted Larry from The Larry Sanders Show, so there's one.

Mirah

I love you
Yes.
I want to post Karen from Will and Grace, though I also like Jack!

What sitcoms/shows were after the 90's? (I should do my own research!) LOL

I like Balki from perfect strangers.

My all time favorite episode will always be a scene from Growing pains when the kids had a house party and were cleaning up after-but it kept getting worse. It reminded me of a scene that happened at home and it makes me laugh so hard. I have to see if I can find the clip.

I can't find it. Hmmmm maybe it wasn't growing pains. I DON'T KNOW!

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
I'm not sure what you want me to say here.

Lucy and Ethel.
Rob and Laura.
Hawkeye and Trapper and Frank.
Colonel Hogan and Colonel Klink.
Andy and Barney.
Oliver and Lisa
Herman and Lily.
Gilligan and the Skipper
Furillo and Davenport
Sam and Diane.
Mork and Mindy.
Frasier and Niles.
Jack and Karen.
The Robot and Dr. Smith.
Abbott and Costello
The Three Stooges
Kelly and Ryan

Shall I go on?

whisky

Boobie inspector
I haven't contributed because I don't go on my pc much, and on my phone it's hard to stick to the fucking format.

I would have picked Vivyn from the young ones, Frank Drebin from police squad, and Homer Simpson, I forget what show he's on.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
ANOtHER REASON WHY PHONES ARE BAD.

(Homer would not be allowed as he's an animated character.)

CaptainWacky

I've made two posts in a row so I can't post again. We still have 56 open slots. It's been a week since my last post so I feel like that's long enough to bump this as a guilt trip.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Done.

I have a long list of characters ready to add but I don't want to be too pushy / floody / obnoxious aboot it.

Mirah

I love you
Dang I'm sorry! I'm too depressed to think about comedians!

Did we add Ben Stillers dad yet? How about Jerry Seinfeld, Kramer what about that one chick? And that dude.

Sorry I just can't right now! I am a failure! I fail at everything!

Just kidding

I'll try to work on it

Did we get Tim Allen? Was he funny?

I would really appreciate a disscussion here! Tell me who is and isn't funny!!!!!

Mirah

I love you
What about "This is my brother Larry and my other brother Larry from the bob newhart show?

CaptainWacky

It was more like discussion if an issue came up type of thread, like if someone added Hitler to the list and I'd say "well he's not a comedy character" and they'd say "WELL ACTUALLY he was in that one episode of Red Dwarf" and we'd have a fight. Just add those you feel are worthy of being on a top one hundred.

ALSO IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY POSTED YOU'RE ALREADY ON THE LIST OF PEOPLE I'LL BE PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE TO FOR THE COMING YEAR BUT I'LL BE SO SUBTLE YOU WON'T EVEN NOTICE BUT I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW IT'S HAPPENING.

CaptainWacky

Eggs, I think we should go on strike until someone else posts. We've done enough.

(I'll stick to this for nine days at most.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
If people are hesitant because they're afraid they might make a mistake in STICKING TO THE FUCKING FORMAT, I volunteer to help clean up your formatting if requested, or to assist with finding/linking to images or video. JUST PARTICIPATE OKAY?

whisky

Boobie inspector
I've popped two in, hope the second one hasn't already been used, if so I'll change it.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I didn't mean for my offer to be taken like a hotel service, but sure.

I mean, I haven't seen Rising Damp so I'll look for a video, but if you find one post the link in here.

EDIT: All done. Sorry for being snippy, I haven't slept yet from yesterday.

Last edited: