Movie trailers

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Thread for trailers for movies that you don't think deserve their own thread but you're still interested in them for whatever reason.

Dark Shadows - I have no knowledge of the original (reading about it now it seems to have been a supernatural soap opera? Sounds pretty interesting actually!) so I can't get OUTRAGED by Tim Burton turning it into a comedy as people on the internet seem to be. I only watched the trailer because Eva Green's in it and she's one of my favourite actresses.

[YOUTUBEHD]cTjD3rV27Go[/YOUTUBEHD]

So yeah, at first I thought "oh, that's not very good" but the trailer grew on me as it went on (a bit) and Eva Green is really really hot, so I'll probably watch this on dvd eventually unless it's declared the worst movie ever. Probably.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yep, it was a gothic-flavored daytime soap opera in the 60's and early 70's on ABC. I remember watching it as a VERY little boy but don't remember specifics, other than women in Victorian dressing gowns getting bitten by a pervy old vampire named Barnabus.

Also I felt connected to it because the show came to our hometown and filmed the exteriors of the local historic mansion to use as Barnabus' castle.

[YOUTUBE]NQBGfiyufKA[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

EASTENDERS could use some vampires.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
[YOUTUBE]MFeYUNHtUG0[/YOUTUBE]
Don't care what anybody says, I'm seeing this.

CaptainWacky

At least it's not one of those "dark" remakes where the stooges get arrested for assualting women in the end.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Oh look, another Tim Burton/Jonny Depp/Helene Bonham Carter movie where everything's grubby and there's lots of lightning.

CaptainWacky

I just can't hate something that has Eva Green playing a piano with her bum.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Tim Burton can be annoying at times but I can't dislike someone who obviousy likes pale girls as much as I do.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
There were no "Studio 54" type discos in 1972. In fact disco music was 3 years away from hitting the charts.

It's one thing to fail making an earnest remake of an old TV show. It's insult to injury to remake something primarily to make fun of it. When you do that, you should be forced to change the title to something other than a duplicate of the thing you are sending up. It's just disrespectful to the source, and its fans.

(I wasn't some loyal Dark Shadows fan or anything, this is just ranting against the whorish ways in which Hollywood is raping its grandparents, and lamenting that Tim Burton has officially joined the Dark Side and started raping with them)

CaptainWacky

Well, are they actually making fun of it or is it just a more comedic take on the story? There's a difference, I think!

And maybe the movie covers a three year time perido so the disco scenes actually take place in 1975 (probably not!)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
You could be right on both points. Also, you can never trust a trailer to actually give you a clear idea of the movie you will see.

I just hate the Hollywood media cartel.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I saw the trailer on tv last night, and THOUGHT... HEY Wacky posted about this already. It looks like it might be fun to see, but I never saw the tv version.

CaptainWacky

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

[YOUTUBE]wZp7eBStN1U[/YOUTUBE]

I only watched this trailer because Mary Elizabeth Winstead is in the movie (you'll probably notice a pattern to the trailers I post) and she's not even in the trailer AT ALL. But it does have Abraham Lincoln killing vampires, if anyone cares about that.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
That movie looks absolutely awful.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
GEEZER MOVIE
[YOUTUBE]EyquUziG0SA[/YOUTUBE]

looks like every other geezer redemption movie. Even the graphics remind me of Lock, Stock.

Avoid.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
What would I do to protect my family?

Save them from nearly two hours of Mark Walrus doing his shoulder walk thing and not watch this crap movie.
[YOUTUBE]2VpBQg8PDjo[/YOUTUBE]

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Do you think that Jennifer Anniston actually reads scripts anymore?
[YOUTUBE]Oz7xMY1AbbI[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

Nazi invaders from space? It should be good.

Looks dreadful
[YOUTUBE]Py_IndUbcxc[/YOUTUBE]

I've been following Iron Sky for a long time and I still think it looks pretty good!

Actualyl did I not start a thread about it but not post that trailer...