Movies from Netflix Right Now

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Right now I have:

Khartoum
El Cid
The Life Aquatic

I mailed back season 1 disk 2 of Dexter earlier today. I think I'll watch and mail The Life Aquatic tonight.

miamiHORROR

Conchaga's Sister
Is there a reason for your continued imbecilic postings? the sign outside said "people with genitals"

What gives man can't you read

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is a truly great movie.

People have said that since Lost in Translation Bill Murray hasn't had the comedic edge he used to. I just think that it is still the same stuff, only more intelligent. His brand of comedy is (and always has been to some extent) of a much more complicated nature.

But, Life Aquatic is really unique for it's soundtrack and the intensely-long shots it has. If I remember correctly, there's one scene where all of the characters have at least three to four lines and the shot is a continuous couple of minutes. That had to have been painstaking. But, I admire filmmakers who do continuous shots like that. Too often today everything is short, choppy cuts. It takes skill and good actors to accomplish a shot like that. You wanna see good acting in a comedy movie? Go watch The Marx Brothers film Animal Crackers. In it Groucho Marx releases a ridiculously long monologue, the likes of which is never seen in modern films.