Moving.

The Question

Eternal
Still waiting on the property management dame in Fergus Falls to get my lease ready. Looks as if that might take a bit longer. Bitch wants people I write for / places I've lived at to fax her verification documents.

"I'm gonna need you to fax me that."

"I'm sorry, but I can't fax from where I live."

"Where do you live?"

"2019, Karen. I live in 2019."

Anyway, so it looks like I'll be moving into Apartment 302 (really nice third floor corner unit) in October. On the up side, move-in special: deposit = move-in cost, and that's already paid. Lease will show up by mail, I'll sign it and mail it back, get the electric turned on in 302, send property management dame a verification code to confirm the electric is active, then just show up there at my leisure and pick up the keys.

Also, MacBook Air showed up yesterday, so at least I'm no longer gimping along on a sad little Windows PC.

The Question

Eternal
The MacBook Air is actually better than I expected for a laptop with objectively pretty wimpy specs.

1.6Ghz Core i5 (Y series Core i5, that is)
8Gb RAM
128Gb SSD
Retina (-ish) display

Obviously it isn't going to be doing any gaming, but as a work focused machine it'll do just fine. I'll probably assemble my own Windows PC for gaming, component by component, as time goes by.

The Question

Eternal
So the place I was trying to get into, the property management broad in charge of it spent a month making me jump through hoops, then denied my application. So I may be stuck here in this one turd town instead of the one turd town I aimed for. Whatever's clever. There's a place right up the street from the friends I've been staying with, so I'll see if I can get in there instead; at least I already know the neighborhood now.

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
Phoenix to Fargo...

You really do hate yourself don’t you? :(

The Question

Eternal
Yeah, my state got Californicated so I left. Soooooo much self-hate in that. :gagh:

Ancalagon

Yeah, my state got Californicated so I left. Soooooo much self-hate in that. :gagh:

You moved from the surface of the Sun to Antarctica. There had to be somewhere in between you could have landed.

The Question

Eternal
Sure. I could've picked, say, Amarillo. Except I don't know anybody in Amarillo. And I'm not planting my ass on the street for a month while I set up a place to live. I'm too old for that shit. I went where I had a place to land.

Ancalagon

You should expand your circle of friends.

The Question

Eternal
Yeah, let me make friends with random people just because I might eventually want somebody to crash with if I move again. 'Cause that isn't mercenary as hell or anything.

Ancalagon

Yeah, let me make friends with random people just because I might eventually want somebody to crash with if I move again. 'Cause that isn't mercenary as hell or anything.

You should make new friends to help you be less of a miserable person.

A nice byproduct would be to have an expanded support network.

The Question

Eternal
If I'm a miserable person, it's a little weird that I'm unaware of it.

The Question

Eternal
So, Minnesota may be a fuckin' bust. May end up rolling back to Arizona, but not the valley. Holbrook may be a candidate.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Look moved from Tatooine to Hoth. Wound up going back to Tatooine. At least for a bit.

The Question

Eternal
Yeah, well Dagobah (Oregon) is out of the question.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I think Dagobah is more Louisiana. But the important question is, have you kissed your sister on the mouth a couple times, gotten the crap beaten out of you by your Dad and had him chop off your hand?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Can someone change "Look" to "Luke"? And fix the buggy software that clearly autocorrected that, because I never make spellling errors.

The Question

Eternal
I think Dagobah is more Louisiana. But the important question is, have you kissed your sister on the mouth a couple times, gotten the crap beaten out of you by your Dad and had him chop off your hand?

You just made The Empire Strikes Back sound like an Appalachian family reunion. No lie, I'm impressed and amused.

The Question

Eternal
Okay, bus ticket bought, hotel room booked for 4 nights starting the night I get to Holbrook.