Moving.

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
On the plus side, what with him being on the road, we had over a month of peace and quiet here.

The Question

Eternal
On the plus side, what with him being on the road, we had over a month of peace and quiet here.

Yeah, 'cause there's no such thing as mobile hotspots, hiippie.

The Question

Eternal
While I appreciate that you think my powers of prediction are infallible, I do occasionally guess incorrectly. :eek:

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
How to split hairs 101, class taught by professor Volpone.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Or even an old van down by the river.

At least with a van you can legally park it on city streets unless there is an over night sleeping ban. RV’s got banned on most city streets in California ages ago. Sleeping in vans is only now getting banned due to all the van life losers.

The Question

Eternal
Settling in, Holbrook Arizona. Route 66 runs through it, and the whole town looks like a fast travel location from Fallout: New Vegas.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Have you considered being a pawn shop gimp? I hear it is steady work with paid room & board.

The Question

Eternal
Have you considered being a pawn shop gimp? I hear it is steady work with paid room & board.

The occupations that draw your interest are extremely disturbing. Kindly do not enlighten us as regards the circumstances under which you were seeking that information.

The Question

Eternal
Bumping this thread because it has an actual story to it.

Also, Holbrook sucks rancid donkey balls.

Much like Anna.

The Question

Eternal
Yep, this “apartment” is a total shithole. Plumbing and electrical are about 40% functional. Thinking about going back to Tempe and renting an office like an old-timey private eye.

The Question

Eternal
So I might be moving... again. Dun DUN dahhhhhh!

My mother (ugh) has offered to rent me a 3 bedroom house for $500/mo. Cringe factor: In Ackley, Iowa -- bafflingly, a town even smaller than Holbrook, AZ. Benefit of that is, it's at least not on Route 66. Why is that a benefit? The town isn't dependent on summer nostalgia-tourist traffic that won't be happening for Holbrook this year. Holbrook is on the brink of death, as a town, as it is -- without that summer nostalgia-tourism, it very well may be as good as dead. Ackley and the other tiny towns surrounding it (I looked it up and holy shit, one of those towns has a population of 271) are as alive (or as dead) as they're likely to get any time in the foreseeable future.

The big question is how the hell I'm gonna get there; Greyhound doesn't seem to be running just now. That whole minor little nuisance we know as "a fuckin' pandemic", y'know.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
So I might be moving... again. Dun DUN dahhhhhh!

My mother (ugh) has offered to rent me a 3 bedroom house for $500/mo. Cringe factor: In Ackley, Iowa -- bafflingly, a town even smaller than Holbrook, AZ. Benefit of that is, it's at least not on Route 66. Why is that a benefit? The town isn't dependent on summer nostalgia-tourist traffic that won't be happening for Holbrook this year. Holbrook is on the brink of death, as a town, as it is -- without that summer nostalgia-tourism, it very well may be as good as dead. Ackley and the other tiny towns surrounding it (I looked it up and holy shit, one of those towns has a population of 271) are as alive (or as dead) as they're likely to get any time in the foreseeable future.

The big question is how the hell I'm gonna get there; Greyhound doesn't seem to be running just now. That whole minor little nuisance we know as "a fuckin' pandemic", y'know.
$100 to rent a Uhaul truck that you drive yourself. I pretty sure Uhaul is still running because we've had people moving in here even during this pandemic.

The Question

Eternal
I’m legally blind, so it’s no con permiso on the ol’ el drive-o lol

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
To be fair, you probably can't do worse than about half the drivers on the road anyhow.

AND...if you *did*, then you'd be "illegally blind."