My PC Might Overheat and die

Love Child

One Love
Just kidding, its not a PC its a lap top.
But it still might over heat and die
I will fix it
but not until fall quarter in 5 weeks.

Love Child

One Love
So I might as well ask, should I get a cooler to go under my laptop? Or do I probably need to replace the fan? I looked at it tonight and it seems ok.................

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I have a cooler under mine, it seems to work okay.

The current heatwave doesn't help matters, I have mini-fans pointed at all sorts of equipment at the moment.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Yes, when the temp gets over 90 all the computer equipment gets wonky. We don't have air here so it's fans.

Filthy Whore

Mad Arse Face
I've got one of those super blower thingiebobs that blasts dust out of the innards of my laptop, that usually helps.

jack

I have one of those too, but it has nothing to do with my computer.

Jibbles

Shit Lord, Esq.
Elevate (rulers, thin pieces of Styrofoam, etc.) your laptop on a flat surface (desk) and make sure the case is clean of dust and debris. If it takes a while for your laptop to overheat, you can toss it in the freezer for 1-2min to rapidly cool it down and plug it in again. Do not let the laptop sit in the freezer for more than a few minutes or you risk ice crystals on blah blah blah bad stuff gonna happen.

Also, desktops are superior in almost every way. Laptops have virtually ZERO airflow. One last note, constantly charging a laptop will cause it to heat faster and decay the battery quicker; to the point where you have to always charge it because of how quick the charge decays. Hopefully your laptop can run for ~2 hours unplugged. Ever notice how hot your phone gets when you talk on it while it's charging? Same thing. Charging causes heat.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
I don't have a laptop. I have a desktop for heavy computing and games, and I do the rest on my phone or tablet.

Love Child

One Love
Elevate (rulers, thin pieces of Styrofoam, etc.) your laptop on a flat surface (desk) and make sure the case is clean of dust and debris. If it takes a while for your laptop to overheat, you can toss it in the freezer for 1-2min to rapidly cool it down and plug it in again. Do not let the laptop sit in the freezer for more than a few minutes or you risk ice crystals on blah blah blah bad stuff gonna happen.

Also, desktops are superior in almost every way. Laptops have virtually ZERO airflow. One last note, constantly charging a laptop will cause it to heat faster and decay the battery quicker; to the point where you have to always charge it because of how quick the charge decays. Hopefully your laptop can run for ~2 hours unplugged. Ever notice how hot your phone gets when you talk on it while it's charging? Same thing. Charging causes heat.

I totally thought this too. I usually ran mine unplugged for around 2 hours. Then when I went to school I saw everyone constantly plugging theirs in no matter what. I thought, "How odd, isn't that the function of a laptop-to be able to function w/out plugging it in?"
And then I plugged mine in all the time because I wanted to be just like them-and now I have this heat problem.
Last summer I worked outside and would set ice packs underneath it-but part of my top cover of the keyboard became warped so I stopped doing that.

take a whizz on it once in a while whenever you can, that will get it wet and stuff, so it probably will make some kind of change of some kind

jack

I don't. She was a little two faced idiot. She contributed NOTHING here. Selfishness is not a "trait" Those fucking Mock bitches are more than fucked up.

The Question

Eternal
Get a Mac with an M1 chip. Cooling issues = macht nicht.

jack

Or a good fan