*NFL*

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Three ejected after nasty brawl tarnishes end of Steelers-Browns
Steelers (21) - Browns (7) - Garrett said. "It's on me."

Browns defensive end Myles Garrett was ejected in the closing seconds of Thursday night's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers after ripping the helmet off quarterback Mason Rudolph and striking him in the head with it. Browns defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi, who pushed Rudolph to the ground from behind after the Steelers quarterback had been hit by Garrett, and Pittsburgh center Maurkice Pouncey also were ejected. Pouncey jumped into Garrett and kicked him as Steelers teammate David DeCastro pinned Garrett to the ground.

The melee started when Rudolph dumped a pass to running back Trey Edmunds late in the fourth quarter, then was dragged to the ground by Garrett. Rudolph appeared to try to dislodge Garrett's helmet while they were on the ground. Garrett ripped off Rudolph's helmet once they stood up and took a swing with it, connecting on the top of Rudolph's helmetless head. The longest ban for a single on-field incident in NFL history is the five games Albert Haynesworth got in 2006 for stomping on Andre Gurode's head.

Garrett wouldn't go into the details of what happened or what led to his reaction, but he agreed with Kitchens' characterization. "What I did was foolish, and I shouldn't allow myself to slip like that," Garrett said. "I lost my cool and I regret it," Garrett said. "It's going to come back to hurt our team. The guys who jumped into the scrum, I appreciate my team having my back, but it never should have gotten to that point. Pouncey said he was unconcerned with punishment he could face from the incident, telling reporters he "blacked out" and went into "protection mode" when the fight started.

The Browns (4-6) have won two in a row after dropping four straight, a skid that put coach Freddie Kitchens' job in jeopardy. The loss was especially damaging to the Steelers (5-5).

AFC North Standings:
Baltimore (7-2)
Pittsburgh (5-5)
Cleveland (4-6}
Cincinnati (0-9)

Last edited:

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Hue Jackson to lead Colin Kaepernick workout; 13 NFL teams have committed to attend
Colin Kaepernick's scheduled workout in Atlanta

Arizona, Atlanta, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Miami, New England, New York Giants, New York Jets, Tampa Bay, Washington, Dallas and Seattle have committed to attend. The league said it expected additional teams to commit. Kaepernick, 32, has been out of football since 2016, the year he began protesting police brutality and racial injustice by kneeling during the pregame national anthem. Carolina safety Eric Reid, who was the first player to join Kaepernick in taking a knee during the anthem while both were with San Fransisco, said Wednesday that "it feels disingenuous" that the NFL would schedule a workout for the quarterback on Saturday.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Three ejected after nasty brawl tarnishes end of Steelers-Browns
Steelers (21) - Browns (7) - Garrett said. "It's on me."

Browns defensive end Myles Garrett was ejected in the closing seconds of Thursday night's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers after ripping the helmet off quarterback Mason Rudolph and striking him in the head with it. Browns defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi, who pushed Rudolph to the ground from behind after the Steelers quarterback had been hit by Garrett, and Pittsburgh center Maurkice Pouncey also were ejected. Pouncey jumped into Garrett and kicked him as Steelers teammate David DeCastro pinned Garrett to the ground.

The melee started when Rudolph dumped a pass to running back Trey Edmunds late in the fourth quarter, then was dragged to the ground by Garrett. Rudolph appeared to try to dislodge Garrett's helmet while they were on the ground. Garrett ripped off Rudolph's helmet once they stood up and took a swing with it, connecting on the top of Rudolph's helmetless head. The longest ban for a single on-field incident in NFL history is the five games Albert Haynesworth got in 2006 for stomping on Andre Gurode's head.

Garrett wouldn't go into the details of what happened or what led to his reaction, but he agreed with Kitchens' characterization. "What I did was foolish, and I shouldn't allow myself to slip like that," Garrett said. "I lost my cool and I regret it," Garrett said. "It's going to come back to hurt our team. The guys who jumped into the scrum, I appreciate my team having my back, but it never should have gotten to that point. Pouncey said he was unconcerned with punishment he could face from the incident, telling reporters he "blacked out" and went into "protection mode" when the fight started.

The Browns (4-6) have won two in a row after dropping four straight, a skid that put coach Freddie Kitchens' job in jeopardy. The loss was especially damaging to the Steelers (5-5).

AFC North Standings:
Baltimore (7-2)
Pittsburgh (5-5)
Cleveland (4-6}
Cincinnati (0-9)

Last edited:

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Browns' Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely; Steelers' Maurkice Pouncey gets 3-game ban
The NFL announced Friday that the Cleveland Browns defensive end has been suspended for the rest of this season, including the playoffs should the Browns make it, and will have to meet with the commissioner's office before being reinstated in 2020.

Source: Steelers' Mason Rudolph won't pursue legal action against Browns' Myles Garrett
The NFL handed down the longest ban for a single on-field incident in league history Friday afternoon when it indefinitely suspended Garrett without pay for his role in the late-game melee.

Last edited:

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Hue Jackson to lead Colin Kaepernick workout; 13 NFL teams have committed to attend
Colin Kaepernick's scheduled workout in Atlanta

Arizona, Atlanta, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Miami, New England, New York Giants, New York Jets, Tampa Bay, Washington, Dallas and Seattle have committed to attend. The league said it expected additional teams to commit. Kaepernick, 32, has been out of football since 2016, the year he began protesting police brutality and racial injustice by kneeling during the pregame national anthem. Carolina safety Eric Reid, who was the first player to join Kaepernick in taking a knee during the anthem while both were with San Fransisco, said Wednesday that "it feels disingenuous" that the NFL would schedule a workout for the quarterback on Saturday.

Sources -- Over 24 teams to attend Colin Kaepernick workout
Kaepernick is already in Atlanta preparing for the workout, which is being held at the Falcons' training complex just outside Atlanta. Kaepernick, his receivers and NFL officials conducting Saturday's workout will not be allowed into the facility until about 2 p.m. ET, when the Falcons are scheduled to depart for Carolina for their Sunday matchup with the Panthers.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Browns' Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely; Steelers' Maurkice Pouncey gets 3-game ban
The NFL announced Friday that the Cleveland Browns defensive end has been suspended for the rest of this season, including the playoffs should the Browns make it, and will have to meet with the commissioner's office before being reinstated in 2020.

Source: Steelers' Mason Rudolph won't pursue legal action against Browns' Myles Garrett
The NFL handed down the longest ban for a single on-field incident in league history Friday afternoon when it indefinitely suspended Garrett without pay for his role in the late-game melee.

Ex-Browns OC Todd Haley: Melee 'falls squarely' on Freddie Kitchens
"This to me, this comes back to coaching,

Following Myles Garrett's indefinite suspension, former Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator Todd Haley expressed his belief that the incident was a reflection of coach Freddie Kitchens' leadership. "This to me, this comes back to coaching," Haley told SiriusXM Radio on Friday. "This falls squarely right on the head coach. Because the head coach talks to every assistant coach, who then talk to their groups of players. And there's an old saying in coaching: 'You're either coaching it or you're allowing it to happen.'" "If you're not coaching it, you're allowing it to happen, and when I watch the Cleveland Browns, I see a lot of stuff being allowed to happen, whether it's clown shoes, visors, whatever it may be," Haley's comments also come with some baggage. He was fired as Browns offensive coordinator in October 2018 after less than one year on the job, with Kitchens taking over the role before being hired as head coach after the season.

Garrett was suspended following Thursday's melee in which he ripped the helmet off Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph before swinging and hitting him in the head with it. Browns defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi also was suspended one game for shoving Rudolph in the back and to the ground. Asked about Haley's comments Friday, Kitchens declined to engage. "I don't really give much thought into what Todd says," Kitchens said. "I'm not even gonna respond to it. I know the way we continue to talk about maintaining our composure, and we have to do a better job of maintaining our composure -- everybody."

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Sources -- Over 24 teams to attend Colin Kaepernick workout
Kaepernick is already in Atlanta preparing for the workout, which is being held at the Falcons' training complex just outside Atlanta. Kaepernick, his receivers and NFL officials conducting Saturday's workout will not be allowed into the facility until about 2 p.m. ET, when the Falcons are scheduled to depart for Carolina for their Sunday matchup with the Panthers.

Colin Kaepernick workout: Everything you need to know about Saturday's NFL event with most teams expected
Here are a few of the issues facing those involved this weekend. Why this Saturday? Why not have a little more lead time? Who's he going to throw to? What's the point of measuring and timing him? How important is the interview?

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Colin Kaepernick workout being moved, now open to media
Colin Kaepernick's NFL workout is being moved to a new location in the Atlanta area and will now start at 4 p.m. ET Saturday, representatives for the quarterback announced Saturday afternoon. The NFL had previously declined to allow media and cameras into the workout, as Kaepernick had requested for transparency, attorney Ben Meiselas and agent Jeff Nalley said in a statement. They said media would now be allowed to attend the workout. The workout will now be held at an Atlanta-area high school. It had been scheduled to begin at 3:00 p.m. ET at the Atlanta Falcons practice facility. One receiver expected to attend the workout was Bruce Ellington. Ellington played with Kaepernick on the San Franciso 49ers in 2014 and 2015.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Colin Kaepernick throws passes for 40 minutes at workout, urges NFL to 'stop running'
Free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who completed a 40-minute workout in front of representatives from eight NFL teams on Saturday, said he's ready for another opportunity and wants the league to "stop running'' from him. "I've been ready for three years,'' Kaepernick said. "I've been denied for three years. We all know why I came out here. showed it today in front of everybody. We have nothing to hide. So we're waiting for the 32 owners, 32 teams, Roger Goodell, all of them stop running. Stop running from the truth. Stop running from the people.

he change in venue interrupted schedules for many of the 25 teams that were scheduled to watch Kaepernick at the original site, but Kaepernick still threw in front of representatives from eight teams, among them the Eagles, Chiefs, Jets, 49ers, Lions, and Titans.The 32-year-old showed he still has an arm in completing deep balls to receivers Brice Butler, Bruce Ellington, Jordan Veasy, and Ari Wertz. Panthers safety Eric Reid, who supported Kaepernick going back to their days with the 49ers, was at the beginning of the workout but had to leave, with a game against the Falcons on Sunday.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Sources: Suspension appeal rulings from Steelers-Browns brawl expected by Wednesday.
Jointly appointed officers Derrick Brooks and James Thrash are expected to hear and rule upon the appeals of the three players suspended after Thursday night's Steelers-Browns melee no later than Wednesday morning and possibly as early as Tuesday. The appeals for the three suspended players -- Myles Garrett, Maurice Pouncey and Larry Ogunjobi will be heard on Monday and Tuesday.

Brooks and Thrash, who will divvy up the cases by Monday morning, will make a ruling in time to determine whether the Browns or Steelers will have any of those players available for Week 12, when Cleveland hosts Miami and Pittsburgh plays at Cincinnati. One source told ESPN that he would not be surprised if at least one of the three suspensions announced Friday is reduced or overturned. But a lot will depend on their arguments issued early this week.

Brooks reduced then-Raiders receiver Michael Crabtree's suspension from two games to one game in 2017. Brooks reduced Bears linebacker Dammy Trevathan's suspension from two games to one game in 2017.

Thrash reduced then-Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict's suspension from five games to three games in 2017. Thrash reduced then-Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib's suspension from two games to one game in 2017.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
This sub-forum in a nutshell:

545dd63a2c901ba3609a397382b206def94f5c89_hq.jpg

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Week 11 NFL Power Rankings: 1-32 poll, plus biggest game left for each team
Some of these matchups will determine playoff seeding (49ers-Saints looks particularly fun). Others will decide the 2020 NFL draft order (see the Dolphins/Bengals/New York duo royal rumble below).

No.1: New England
No.2: San Francisco
No.3: Baltimore
No.4: Seattle
No.5: Green Bay

No.28: Miami
No.29: New York Jets
No.30: New York Giants
No.31: Washington
No.32: Cincinnati

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
NFL Standings 2019: Conference - Week 11
Conference Leaders
American Football Conference
New England (9-1)

National Football Conference
San Francisco (9-1)

NFL Standings 2019: Division - Week 11
Division Leaders
East: New England (9-1)
North: Baltimore (8-2)
South: Indianapolis (6-4)
West: Kansas City (7-4)

East: Dallas (6-4)
North: Green Bay (8-2)
South: New Orleans (8-2)
West: San Francisco (9-1)

Playoff Standings - Week 11
Leaders
No.1: New England (9-1)
No.2: Baltimore (8-2)
No.3: Kansas City (7-4)
No.4: Indianapolis (6-4)
No.5: Buffalo (7-3)
No.6: Houston (6-4)

No.1: San Francisco (9-1)
No.2: Green Bay (8-2)
No.3: New Orleans (8-2)
No.4: Dallas (6-4)
No.5: Seattle (8-2)
No.6: Minnesota (8-3)

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
2019 NFL Player Stats (Offense) - Week 11

Passing Yards: Prescott, Dallas - 3,221
Passing TD's: Wilson, Seattle - 23
Quarterback Rating: Wilson, Seattle - 78.0
Rushing Yards: McCaffrey, Carolina - 1,059
Rushing TD's: McCaffrey, Carolina : Jones, Green Bay : Cook, Minnesota - 11
Receptions: Thomas, New Orleans - 94
Receiving Yards: Thomas, New Orleans - 1,141
Receiving TD's: Golladay, Detroit : Jones Jr, Detroit : Chark Jr, Jacksonville - 8

2019 NFL Player Stats (Defense) - Week 11

Total Tackles: Hicks, Arizona - 110
Solo Tackles: Baker, Arizona - 71
Tackles for loss: Donald, LA Rams - 18
Sacks: Jones, Arizona - 12.5
Interceptions: McCourty, New England : Fitzpatrick, Miami/Pittsburgh - 5

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Freddie Kitchens says Browns will stand by Myles Garrett
:day:

Cleveland coach Freddie Kitchens said Monday that the Browns will continue to support suspended defensive end Myles Garrett while also not excusing Garrett for his actions Thursday against Pittsburgh. "Myles Garrett's a good person," Kitchens said. "We're not going to pile on Myles. He had a bad lapse in judgment and that's it. I'm still a Myles fan and I'm going to support him. Our organization is going to support him, his teammates, coaching staff will support him." The NFL suspended Garrett indefinitely, including for the rest of this season and any playoff games, for ripping the helmet off quarterback Mason Rudolph and clubbing him in the head with it in the final seconds of the game.

"There's no excuse for that to happen on a football field," Kitchens said. "I know that. Myles knows that. All the players in the locker room know that. That's it. There's no excuse. But, in saying that, we're going to support Myles Garrett going forward in any way that he needs support." League sources told Schefter over the weekend that the NFL will be issuing mass fines to about 10 players for leaving the bench area and running onto the field. Rudolph, who was not suspended for his role in the fight, is expected to be fined. The fine schedule calls for a player to be fined $35,096 for a first-time fighting offense.

The NFL also suspended Browns defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi for one game for shoving Rudolph in the back and to the ground, shortly after Garrett struck the Steelers quarterback with the helmet. Ogunjobi's appeal was being heard Monday. Pittsburgh center Maurkice Pouncey, who jumped into Garrett, kicking and punching him after Rudolph had been struck, was suspended for three games.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Okay.... Utsuho Reiuji.... or Mariner 10....

Fuck it, this thread's getting BOTH.

bff6d2ce56f3dfdf5ee3b0b1ec5e653d01846151_hq.jpg

1316_mariner10.gif

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Okay.... Utsuho Reiuji.... or Mariner 10....

Fuck it, this thread's getting BOTH.

bff6d2ce56f3dfdf5ee3b0b1ec5e653d01846151_hq.jpg

1316_mariner10.gif