National Hockey League

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Use of cupcakeer in proper names

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search
The racial slur cupcakeer has historically been used in names of products, colors, plants, as place names, and as people's nicknames, amongst others.
Contents
Commercial products

Poster for "cupcakeer Hair" tobacco, later known as "Bigger Hair"

In the US, the word cupcakeer featured in branding and packaging consumer products, e.g., "cupcakeer Hair Tobacco" and "cupcakeerhead Oysters". As the term became less acceptable in mainstream culture, the tobacco brand became "Bigger Hair" and the canned goods brand became "Negro Head".[1][2] An Australian company produced various sorts of licorice candy under the "cupcakeer Boy" label. These included candy cigarettes and one box with an image of an Indian snake charmer.[3][4][5] Compare these with the various national varieties and names for chocolate-coated marshmallow treats, and with Darlie, formerly Darkie, toothpaste.
Plant and animal names

Orsotriaena medus, once known as the cupcakeer butterfly

Some colloquial or local names for plants and animals used to include the word "cupcakeer" or "cupcakeerhead".
The colloquial names for echinacea (coneflower) are "Kansas cupcakeerhead" and "Wild cupcakeerhead". The cotton-top cactus (Echinocactus polycephalus) is a round, cabbage-sized plant covered with large, crooked thorns, and used to be known in Arizona as the "cupcakeerhead cactus". In the early 20th century, double-crested cormorants (Phalacrocorax auritus) were known in some areas of Florida as "cupcakeer geese".[6] In some parts of the U.S., Brazil nuts were known as "cupcakeer toes".[7]
The "cupcakeerhead termite" (Nasutitermes graveolus) is a native of Australia.[8]
Colors
A shade of dark brown used to be known as "cupcakeer brown" or simply "cupcakeer";[9] other colors were also prefixed with the word. Usage as a color word continued for some time after it was no longer acceptable about people.[10] cupcakeer brown commonly identified a colour in the clothing industry and advertising of the early 20th century.[11]
Nicknames of people

Nig Perrine

During the Spanish–American War US Army General John J. Pershing's original nickname, cupcakeer Jack, given to him as an instructor at West Point because of his service with "Buffalo Soldier" units, was euphemized to Black Jack by reporters.[12][13]
In the first half of the twentieth century, before Major League Baseball was racially integrated, dark-skinned and dark-complexioned players were nicknamed Nig;[14][15] examples are: Johnny Beazley (1941–49), Joe Berry (1921–22), Bobby Bragan (1940–48), Nig Clarke (1905–20), Nig Cuppy (1892–1901), Nig Fuller (1902), Johnny Grabowski (1923–31), Nig Lipscomb (1937), Charlie Niebergall (1921–24), Nig Perrine (1907), and Frank Smith (1904–15). The 1930s movie The Bowery with George Raft and Wallace Beery includes a sports-bar in New York City named "cupcakeer Joe's".
In 1960, a stand at the stadium in Toowoomba, Australia, was named the "E. S. 'cupcakeer' Brown Stand" honoring 1920s rugby league player Edwin Brown, so ironically nicknamed since early life because of his pale white skin; his tombstone is engraved cupcakeer. Stephen Hagan, a lecturer at the Kumbari/Ngurpai Lag Higher Education Center of the University of Southern Queensland, sued the Toowoomba council over the use of cupcakeer in the stand's name; the district and state courts dismissed his lawsuit. He appealed to the High Court of Australia, who ruled the naming matter beyond federal jurisdiction. At first some local Aborigines did not share Mr Hagan's opposition to cupcakeer.[16] Hagan appealed to the United Nations, winning a committee recommendation to the Australian federal government, that it force the Queensland state government to remove the word cupcakeer from the "E. S. 'cupcakeer' Brown Stand" name. The Australian federal government followed the High Court's jurisdiction ruling. In September 2008, the stand was demolished. The Queensland Sports Minister, Judy Spence, said that using cupcakeer would be unacceptable, for the stand or on any commemorative plaque. The 2005 book The N Word: One Man's Stand by Hagan includes this episode.[16][17]
Place names
Many places in the United States, and some in Canada, were given names that included the word "cupcakeer", usually named after a person, or for a perceived resemblance of a geographic feature to a human being (see cupcakeerhead). Most of these place names have long been changed. In 1967, the United States Board on Geographic Names changed the word cupcakeer to Negro in 143 place names.[citation needed]
In West Texas, "Dead cupcakeer Creek" was renamed "Dead Negro Draw";[18] both names probably commemorate the Buffalo Soldier tragedy of 1877.[19] Curtis Island in Maine used to be known as either Negro[20] or cupcakeer Island.[21] The island was renamed in 1934 after Cyrus H. K. Curtis, publisher of the Saturday Evening Post, who lived locally.[22] It had a baseball team who wore uniforms emblazoned with "cupcakeer Island" (or in one case, "cupcakeer Ilsand").[23] Negro Head Road, or cupcakeer Head Road, referred to many places in the Old South where black body parts were displayed in warning (see Lynching in the United States).
Some renamings honor a real person. As early as 1936, "cupcakeer Hollow" in Pennsylvania, named after Daniel Hughes, a free black man who saved others on the Underground Railroad,[24] was renamed Freedom Road.[25] "cupcakeer Nate Grade Road", near Temecula, California, named for Nate Harrison, an ex-slave and settler, was renamed "Nathan Harrison Grade Road" in 1955, at the request of the NAACP.[26]
Sometimes other substitutes for "cupcakeer" were used. "cupcakeer Head Mountain", at Burnet, Texas, was named because the forest atop it resembled a black man's hair. In 1966, the First Lady, Lady Bird Johnson, denounced the racist name, asking the U.S. Board on Geographic Names and the U.S. Forest Service to rename it, becoming "Colored Mountain" in 1968.[citation needed] Other renamings were more creative. "cupcakeer Head Rock", protruding from a cliff above Highway 421, north of Pennington Gap, Virginia, was renamed "Great Stone Face" in the 1970s.[citation needed]
Some names have been metaphorically or literally wiped off the map. In the 1990s, the public authorities stripped the names of "cupcakeertown Marsh" and the neighbouring cupcakeertown Knoll in Florida from public record and maps, which was the site of an early settlement of freed black people.[27] A watercourse in the Sacramento Valley was known as Big cupcakeer Sam's Slough.[28]

Sign replaced in September 2016

Sometimes a name changes more than once: a peak above Santa Monica, California was first renamed "Negrohead Mountain", and in February 2010 was renamed again to Ballard Mountain, in honor of John Ballard, a black pioneer who settled the area in the nineteenth century. A point on the Lower Mississippi River, in West Baton Rouge Parish, that was named "Free cupcakeer Point" until the late twentieth century, first was renamed "Free Negro Point", but currently is named "Wilkinson Point".[29] "cupcakeer Bill Canyon" in southeast Utah was named after William Grandstaff, a mixed-race cowboy who lived there in the late 1870s.[30] In the 1960s, it was renamed Negro Bill Canyon. Within the past few years, there has been a campaign to rename it again, as Grandstaff Canyon, but this is opposed by the local NAACP chapter, whose president said "Negro is an acceptable word".[31] However the trailhead for the hiking trail up the canyon was renamed in September 2016 to "Grandstaff Trailhead"[32] The new sign for the trailhead was stolen within five days of installation.[33]
A few places in Canada also used the word. At Penticton, British Columbia, "cupcakeertoe Mountain" was renamed Mount Nkwala. The place-name derived from a 1908 Christmas story about three black men who died in a blizzard; the next day, the bodies of two were found at the foot of the mountain.[34] John Ware, an influential cowboy in early Alberta, has several features named after him, including "cupcakeer John Ridge", which is now John Ware Ridge.[35]

Quote Reply

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
NHL Power Rankings: 1-31 poll, plus every team's X factor in the final month
It's hard to believe, but we're staring down the final month of the 2019-20 NHL regular season. For this week's ESPN Power Rankings, we identified the X factor for each team down the stretch.

Top-5
................................W....L...OTL...PTS
No.1: Boston.......... (43-13-12 - 98)
No.2: St. Louis........ (40-18-10 - 90)
No.3: Colorado ........(40-19-8 - 88)
No.4: Tampa Bay..... (42-20-5 - 89)
No.5: Washington.... (40-20-7 - 87)

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
NHL Standings 2019-20 (Conference)
Conference Leaders
Eastern Conference: (W-L-OT) - PTS

Boston (43-14-12) - 98
Wesstern Conference: (W-L-OT) - PTS
St. Louis (41-18-10) - 92

NHL Standings 2019-20 (Division)
Division Leaders
Eastern Conference: (W-L-OT) - PTS
Atlantic: Boston (43-14-12) - 98
Metropolitan: Washington (41-20-7) - 89

Western Conference: (W-L-OT) - PTS
Central: St. Louis (41-18-10) - 92
Pacific: Vegas (38-24-8) - 84

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Why the NHL hit the pause button on the 2019-20 season, and what comes next

On Thursday, the NHL decided to "pause the 2019-20 season, with hopes to resume play at some point in the future. The decision comes after hockey leagues in other countries -- as well as other sports leagues in North America -- made the call to suspend or outright cancel the remainder of their seasons because of the coronavirus. What does all of this mean, in both the short and long term? We're here to answer all of the biggest questions on hockey fans' minds in the wake of the decision, and will continue to update this story as we learn more.

For More On The Story, Click Here.

jack

jack

Today at 7:49 AM

Alright, Charles, listen up. I was going to post this in its own thread, but this is as good a place as any.

Ok, Charles -- do I have your attention? Good. Read this -- no, shut up -- read this and read this well. Step into my office; you and I need to have some words.

This little tryst between you, Jack and Conchaga has been going on far too long now, and it has to stop. No, shut up. Don't interrupt me. I'll let you have your say in a bit.

This is the way I see it: You're pissed at Jack for trolling your sorry ass across at least four boards, including (as far as I can tell) your own, without him even posting there. Shut your mouth, Charles. I'm not done.

To get back at him, you've come up with this pathetic "New Age Posting" schtick (solely for the purpose of disrupting a board) and brand yourself as "The New Jack" and "King of the Gutters". It seems no one's taken you seriously in your efforts save yourself. Sure, several people have humoured you, notably when they themselves had a beef with Jack -- but humour you is all they've done. Again, don't interrupt.

Consider, rather, acknowledge this: You cannot be the "New Jack"; your name is not Jack, James or any other name that can be nicknamed "Jack". Your name is Charles. You'd have an easier time trying to pass my first name as yours and even then you'd fail miserably. What am I "bangin' about", you ask? Pay attention. I've been telling you this entire time.

Why you'd even want to be the "King of the Gutters" is beyond me; the title holds such negative connotations that I'd eschew it as much as possible. Let me break down those big words for you. Connotation: The implied definition of a word. Eschew: Avoid. Trust me, being "King of the Gutters" ain't a good thing, unless you've managed to shit on them so badly that they're permanently bathed in your refuse. You haven't done that. In fact, the few times I've posted there, it was awash in Jack's excrement. It still is, judging by the Gutterite's refusal to accept you.

So what is it, Charles? Stupidity? Stubbornness? cupcakeardness? That's not a racial epitaph, idiot. Now answer the question. Remember, I asked you directly a few weeks ago by PM, asking for your side on this drama, but you've ignored it. That's not a smart move. Let me tell you why.

I have a unique take on Jack, one I doubt anyone else here has: I've met him in person, sat down and had lunch with him. That gives me a very good sense of who he is, something you will never have. Your claim in all this shitstorm of threads that he's fabricated the history between you two to suite his side falls flat. Yes, Jack is known for exaggerating events to his favor, but having met him, I can better read between the lines and sort through the decorative bullshit. That doesn't leave you with much, particularly since you couldn't even be bothered to reply to my PM. So where does that leave you? Not in a very good light.

What's even stupider is your continued campaign against him during your DayCare lockup. Jack wasn't even here at TK to be affected by it; he was outright banned from the board at the time.

Let's look at the score thus far:
TCJ (or was that the Kingdom? Meh.) -- Banned for disrupting a forum.
Comicon Gutters -- Not taken seriously at all by Rick Veitch or the Gutterites.
Troll Kingdom Radio -- Banned on site for disrupting TCJ.
ASVS -- Ran off after realizing it's a scifi board.
Hyperboard -- Running the Jack, Dirk Funk and Gagh accounts. Now THERE's a brilliant display of fuckery. Just how deep in their pockets can you get, Charles?
Troll Kingdom -- Good lord, all I have to do is turn, and there's yet another example of a dumb cupcakeard making a complete fool of himself. Which leads me to your duals.

Charles, are you really that stupid? Do you really think that we're not going to see through the inane, sloppy and obvious handling of your duals? No, shut up, you are using duals. And don't even bring up the "Check the IPs" crap. Any mod or admin knows how to do that, and in a number of cases, the IPs are displayed under the posts themselves. Virtually every admin here has intimated that you're running duals, and it's obvious who those duals are. Even Dirk Funk has hinted at it for ASVS.

Let's address Conchaga, shall we? This is possibly where you have the most legitimate complaint -- the temporary shitcanning of your duals. But I'm going to hold off on that and address something else: The Philadelphia Meetup that never happened. This is going off of my memory here, and I'll let Conchaga (not you) correct me, because he's more likely to have the particular threads handy. You called him out for repeatedly calling you a cupcakeer and finally indicated you'd be in Philadelphia to settle it like men, as it were. Yet you never set a date or a location. They were set for you, and predictably, you never showed. Who's telling the truth about this? You or Conchaga?

You're not in a good light here, because Conchaga served in Iraq. It's been documented. His ship-out thread is at Lonaf. A fellow soldier, Lady Elena, posted here, corroborating that Conchaga served in the Armed Forces. This tells me that he, not even counting threads detailing his security job upon return to the States, that he wasn't making shit up and would have indeed met you in person at the specified time and place, which you never named. Ergo, credibility falls on his shoulders, not yours. Shut the fuck up, Charles. I'm not done yet. I've still some "pimpin'" you gotta do something with.

Regarding Conchaga's admin actions, where you do have a leg to stand on, allow me to cut it down to size. You finally stated in that episode what the intentions of "NAP" were: Board disruption to get to Jack. That don't fly at almost every board out there. That wouldn't fly at Lonaf (guess what, Jack posts there!); that wouldn't fly at Haven (Jack posts there too!). Your cupcakeardly style has gotten you and your posse of duals DC'ed by Sarek and your duals outright shitcanned by Conchaga. Here, DC'ing would have been best, but I wouldn't shed a single tear if they were banned -- Conchaga pulling the plug wasn't setting a precedent anyway, considering MM outright banned Jack and Messenger at Hambil's behest.

Now, about the "NAP" style. I represent "Old School Posting". Examples are very rife throughout this very post, indeed, by the majority of active members here. In fact, just so everyone is clear, Conchaga, might I recommend you set up a group for "OSP" and make me its mod? Why don't you even set up an "OSP only" forum and bar any "NAP" member from posting in it? If you're not "down low" with that, Charles, I recommend giving "NAP" a permanent nap.

Last point: Your accusations of duals. Notably, Lilac and Loktar. Neither are duals; I've met Loktar in person. He's an active member at Lonaf, where duals aren't permitted. And Lilac? Well, that's a well-known 'secret' around here. It's too bad you haven't picked up on it. Lilac is very well associated with duals, but Lilac is the main account, not the dual.

So where does that leave you, Charles? Nowhere. Stop the shit. It's old.

Oh, and a word of warning: If you decide to go to Lonaf or to Haven to continue your anti-Jack campaign, expect to be shitcanned very, very quickly.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
NHL Power Rankings: 1-31 poll, plus the player who leveled up for every team
We have reached the point of the NHL season where fans have to check the standings each morning to find out whether their team is in or out of the playoffs. But for this week's ESPN NHL Power Rankings, we took the whole campaign into consideration, and identified the player on each team who leveled up this season.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
NHL allowing players to self-isolate anywhere
That's a reversal from the NHL's initial directive, which asked players to stay in their home NHL cities as the league sorted out what to do with its paused season. According to a source, the change in policy came following the recommendation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Sunday night that organizers cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States for eight weeks to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Bruins sign Jeremy Swayman, Nick Wolff to entry-level contracts
Wolff, 23, had 10 assists in 33 games this season for the Bulldogs, and had 14 goals and 53 points in four NCAA seasons. Minnesota Duluth won the NCAA Frozen Four in 2018 and 2019. In what proved to be his final season with the Black Bears, Swayman went 18-10-5 with a 2.07 goals-against average, and a .939 save percentage.

Sabres agree to 2-year deal with Penn State captain Brandon Biro
Biro, 22, helped lead Penn State to a Big Ten-best 12-8-4 record while serving as the captain for his senior season. Biro, who is listed at 5-foot-11 and 175 pounds, had 10 goals and 25 points in 25 games last season. Overall, he had 41 goals and ranks fourth on the school list with 116 points in 138 career games.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
BLACK WOMEN’S LOVE OF HOCKEY EVOLVES INTO A FAN CLUB

The women were led down a hallway and told to stand along the wall outside the Nashville Predators’ locker room. The group included Erica and Rachel Melcher, twin 41-year-old sisters from St. Louis, who would need to get on the road soon to beat a looming ice storm; high school friends Alisa Barada and Meredith Hoog, now 30, who live on opposite coasts but see each other twice a year to knock a different hockey arena off their bucket list; and Eunice Artis and her 15-year-old son, Isaiah, who came in from Nazareth, Pennsylvania. The group — all 27 of them, ages 2 to 60 — laughed and shared stories and then, finally, he was there. Walking down the hallway in a knee-length black trench coat and signature fedora was Predators star defenseman P.K. Subban. “Ohmygoodness!” one of the women squealed.

“Hey, guys,” Subban said. “I’m going to start at the front. Don’t worry, I’m going to get to all of you.” And, one by one, he smiled, posed for selfies and signed everything from a copy of the EA NHL 19 video game that featured him on the cover to a jersey from his former team, the Montreal Canadiens. When he was done, Subban asked a Predators staffer to take a group picture on his cellphone and then said goodbye. “Thanks for coming out,” he said as he walked down the hallway. Then he pivoted, looked back and shouted: “Black Girl Hockey Club!”

For More On THe Story, Click Here.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Senators coach says organization members have recovered from coronavirus

Ottawa Senators coach D.J. Smith said on Wednesday that the members of the organization who tested positive for the coronavirus have recovered."The good thing is that everyone that had it didn't have horrible symptoms [like] what we're seeing on TV and [with] some of the people that have really struggled," Smith said in a video conference with reporters. "Some guys didn't feel well, but being athletes, they all got through it and they're all on the other side of it now," Five Senators players, radio color analyst Gord Wilson and one staffer all tested positive for COVID-19. Ottawa played games in San Jose, Anaheim and Los Angeles before the NHL paused its season on March 12. The Senators' game at the Kings was the final one played in the league before the season was put on hold.

Click Here for Full Story

jack

Use of cupcakeer in proper names

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search
The racial slur cupcakeer has historically been used in names of products, colors, plants, as place names, and as people's nicknames, amongst others.
Contents
Commercial products

Poster for "cupcakeer Hair" tobacco, later known as "Bigger Hair"

In the US, the word cupcakeer featured in branding and packaging consumer products, e.g., "cupcakeer Hair Tobacco" and "cupcakeerhead Oysters". As the term became less acceptable in mainstream culture, the tobacco brand became "Bigger Hair" and the canned goods brand became "Negro Head".[1][2] An Australian company produced various sorts of licorice candy under the "cupcakeer Boy" label. These included candy cigarettes and one box with an image of an Indian snake charmer.[3][4][5] Compare these with the various national varieties and names for chocolate-coated marshmallow treats, and with Darlie, formerly Darkie, toothpaste.
Plant and animal names

Orsotriaena medus, once known as the cupcakeer butterfly

Some colloquial or local names for plants and animals used to include the word "cupcakeer" or "cupcakeerhead".
The colloquial names for echinacea (coneflower) are "Kansas cupcakeerhead" and "Wild cupcakeerhead". The cotton-top cactus (Echinocactus polycephalus) is a round, cabbage-sized plant covered with large, crooked thorns, and used to be known in Arizona as the "cupcakeerhead cactus". In the early 20th century, double-crested cormorants (Phalacrocorax auritus) were known in some areas of Florida as "cupcakeer geese".[6] In some parts of the U.S., Brazil nuts were known as "cupcakeer toes".[7]
The "cupcakeerhead termite" (Nasutitermes graveolus) is a native of Australia.[8]
Colors
A shade of dark brown used to be known as "cupcakeer brown" or simply "cupcakeer";[9] other colors were also prefixed with the word. Usage as a color word continued for some time after it was no longer acceptable about people.[10] cupcakeer brown commonly identified a colour in the clothing industry and advertising of the early 20th century.[11]
Nicknames of people

Nig Perrine

During the Spanish–American War US Army General John J. Pershing's original nickname, cupcakeer Jack, given to him as an instructor at West Point because of his service with "Buffalo Soldier" units, was euphemized to Black Jack by reporters.[12][13]
In the first half of the twentieth century, before Major League Baseball was racially integrated, dark-skinned and dark-complexioned players were nicknamed Nig;[14][15] examples are: Johnny Beazley (1941–49), Joe Berry (1921–22), Bobby Bragan (1940–48), Nig Clarke (1905–20), Nig Cuppy (1892–1901), Nig Fuller (1902), Johnny Grabowski (1923–31), Nig Lipscomb (1937), Charlie Niebergall (1921–24), Nig Perrine (1907), and Frank Smith (1904–15). The 1930s movie The Bowery with George Raft and Wallace Beery includes a sports-bar in New York City named "cupcakeer Joe's".
In 1960, a stand at the stadium in Toowoomba, Australia, was named the "E. S. 'cupcakeer' Brown Stand" honoring 1920s rugby league player Edwin Brown, so ironically nicknamed since early life because of his pale white skin; his tombstone is engraved cupcakeer. Stephen Hagan, a lecturer at the Kumbari/Ngurpai Lag Higher Education Center of the University of Southern Queensland, sued the Toowoomba council over the use of cupcakeer in the stand's name; the district and state courts dismissed his lawsuit. He appealed to the High Court of Australia, who ruled the naming matter beyond federal jurisdiction. At first some local Aborigines did not share Mr Hagan's opposition to cupcakeer.[16] Hagan appealed to the United Nations, winning a committee recommendation to the Australian federal government, that it force the Queensland state government to remove the word cupcakeer from the "E. S. 'cupcakeer' Brown Stand" name. The Australian federal government followed the High Court's jurisdiction ruling. In September 2008, the stand was demolished. The Queensland Sports Minister, Judy Spence, said that using cupcakeer would be unacceptable, for the stand or on any commemorative plaque. The 2005 book The N Word: One Man's Stand by Hagan includes this episode.[16][17]
Place names
Many places in the United States, and some in Canada, were given names that included the word "cupcakeer", usually named after a person, or for a perceived resemblance of a geographic feature to a human being (see cupcakeerhead). Most of these place names have long been changed. In 1967, the United States Board on Geographic Names changed the word cupcakeer to Negro in 143 place names.[citation needed]
In West Texas, "Dead cupcakeer Creek" was renamed "Dead Negro Draw";[18] both names probably commemorate the Buffalo Soldier tragedy of 1877.[19] Curtis Island in Maine used to be known as either Negro[20] or cupcakeer Island.[21] The island was renamed in 1934 after Cyrus H. K. Curtis, publisher of the Saturday Evening Post, who lived locally.[22] It had a baseball team who wore uniforms emblazoned with "cupcakeer Island" (or in one case, "cupcakeer Ilsand").[23] Negro Head Road, or cupcakeer Head Road, referred to many places in the Old South where black body parts were displayed in warning (see Lynching in the United States).
Some renamings honor a real person. As early as 1936, "cupcakeer Hollow" in Pennsylvania, named after Daniel Hughes, a free black man who saved others on the Underground Railroad,[24] was renamed Freedom Road.[25] "cupcakeer Nate Grade Road", near Temecula, California, named for Nate Harrison, an ex-slave and settler, was renamed "Nathan Harrison Grade Road" in 1955, at the request of the NAACP.[26]
Sometimes other substitutes for "cupcakeer" were used. "cupcakeer Head Mountain", at Burnet, Texas, was named because the forest atop it resembled a black man's hair. In 1966, the First Lady, Lady Bird Johnson, denounced the racist name, asking the U.S. Board on Geographic Names and the U.S. Forest Service to rename it, becoming "Colored Mountain" in 1968.[citation needed] Other renamings were more creative. "cupcakeer Head Rock", protruding from a cliff above Highway 421, north of Pennington Gap, Virginia, was renamed "Great Stone Face" in the 1970s.[citation needed]
Some names have been metaphorically or literally wiped off the map. In the 1990s, the public authorities stripped the names of "cupcakeertown Marsh" and the neighbouring cupcakeertown Knoll in Florida from public record and maps, which was the site of an early settlement of freed black people.[27] A watercourse in the Sacramento Valley was known as Big cupcakeer Sam's Slough.[28]

Sign replaced in September 2016

Sometimes a name changes more than once: a peak above Santa Monica, California was first renamed "Negrohead Mountain", and in February 2010 was renamed again to Ballard Mountain, in honor of John Ballard, a black pioneer who settled the area in the nineteenth century. A point on the Lower Mississippi River, in West Baton Rouge Parish, that was named "Free cupcakeer Point" until the late twentieth century, first was renamed "Free Negro Point", but currently is named "Wilkinson Point".[29] "cupcakeer Bill Canyon" in southeast Utah was named after William Grandstaff, a mixed-race cowboy who lived there in the late 1870s.[30] In the 1960s, it was renamed Negro Bill Canyon. Within the past few years, there has been a campaign to rename it again, as Grandstaff Canyon, but this is opposed by the local NAACP chapter, whose president said "Negro is an acceptable word".[31] However the trailhead for the hiking trail up the canyon was renamed in September 2016 to "Grandstaff Trailhead"[32] The new sign for the trailhead was stolen within five days of installation.[33]
A few places in Canada also used the word. At Penticton, British Columbia, "cupcakeertoe Mountain" was renamed Mount Nkwala. The place-name derived from a 1908 Christmas story about three black men who died in a blizzard; the next day, the bodies of two were found at the foot of the mountain.[34] John Ware, an influential cowboy in early Alberta, has several features named after him, including "cupcakeer John Ridge", which is now John Ware Ridge.[35]

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Bill Peters, who resigned from Flames after using slurs, gets KHL job with Yekaterinburg Avtomobilist
Before his stint in Calgary, Peters coached the Carolina Hurricanes from 2014 to '18, and he coached Canada at the world championship in 2016 and 2018.

Peters' deal with Yekaterinburg is for two years. Avtomobilist finished in second place in the Kharlamov Division but lost in the first round of the Gagarin Cup playoffs to Sibir. The league has since canceled the rest of the playoffs because of the coronavirus pandemic.