Nine - the Musical

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I SAID THERE ARE LOTS OF HOT WOMEN IN THIS TRAILER!

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Why Fergie!? Fergie!? Really!? I mean, I know she can sing (with a lot of production and sound editing), but she can't act her way out of a paper bag. No amount of sound editing or engineering will remedy that. At least she's playing an appropriate part: whore.

Can Penelope Cruz sing? She's good at playing a coked-out tramp (Blow, Vanilla Sky), but I seriously doubt her acting ability. Again, at least she's playing an appropriate role: not-so-whore.

The sets are gonna look fabulous. They got the same production designer that did Chicago, Wanted, and Memoirs of a Geisha.

I hope the music's gonna be good. Who is Maury Yeston?

This could really be hit or miss.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The musical is one of my all-time favorites, and I love Maury Yeston's score. His other Broadway scores were for Titanic (1997) and Grand Hotel (1990).

Ironically, he wrote a musical based on the Phantom of the Opera around the same time that Andrew Lloyd Blubber did. Guess which one made it to New York first. Yeston's version still receives regional productions around the country to this day.

Cruz's character has an interesting seduction song ("A Call to the Vatican"), but it's meant for someone with a higher range. I hope they don't have to mangle it to tailor to her voice. I think Kidman would have been better for this role than for the one she has.

Then again, Rob Marshall made singer/dancers out of Renee Zelwegger and Richard Gere, so I'm not too worried.

Oh, and Sophia Loren. Sigh. Can't wait. :D

Ishcabittle

what do you do with these? editing? post-prod? dish, dish!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I haven't seen Grindhouse or Poseiden, so I don't know about Fergie's acting ability.

I didn't see any singing experience on Cruz's IMDb page, but she is a trained ballet dancer, so maybe you won't notice her voice as she is pulling her legs over her head (and her song would call for things like that, trust me).

I'm more concerned about Daniel Day-Lewis' voice. Guido has more songs than anyone in the stage play. Then again, Antonio Banderas managed to get through them with his nasally Spanish twang in the Broadway revival a few years ago. If the acting is incredible, I forgive amateur singing a little more.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I haven't seen Grindhouse or Poseiden, so I don't know about Fergie's acting ability.

Have not, and probably will not, see Poseidon. Remakes aren't my thing.

I saw Grindhouse (Planet Terror) and she only had a small role. Though, it was a very satisfying role for me. She gets eaten by zombies within, like, the first 15 min of the movie. At most, she's a B actress.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
ONLY 48 DAYS UNTIL IT OPENS ZOMG!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Actually CRAP! I just read that the opening has been pushed back to Christmas Day.

Make that 85 days. :(

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
All I know is Daniel looks HOT

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
24 DAYS ZOMG!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
She's a cougar, that one.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Early reviews are mixed to good; they're thinking it may not be the Oscar heavyweight that Chicago was. But I WILL LOVE IT ANYWAY BECAUSE I'VE BEEN WAITING 25 YEARS FOR THIS SHOW TO BE TURNED INTO A FILM SQUEE!

Seph

Retired Account
i rekon it will flop like my dick does when penelope cruz is on the screen.

but as long as u all enjoy it i supose thats enuff to justify spending millions of £££$$$$££££

Seph

Retired Account
and not to mention when i look at fergie (B.E.P?) i dont think i can eat the ammount i want to throw up

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
lol it sucked.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It's sad that it wasn't great, maybe someone else will try again in 20 years.