No Time To Die

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Every time I see that name I think of Short Round saying "no time for love!" in Temple of Doom and that's probably not what they were going for.

CaptainWacky

Also Goldeneye was the best Bond movie.

CaptainWacky

The Question

Eternal
Could we not with the appropriation?

"You get in my way, and I will --"
*SMACK!*
"You'll what? Hmm? Little girl? You'll what? Bleed out of your nose and cry like you're doing now? Hmm? You'll shut your fucking blather hole. That's what you'll do. Go on doing that. You're a fucking afterthought, is what you are, a Diversity Hire. Keep yourself back and out of the way while the qualified operative gets the job done."

The Question

Eternal
How about if they want a black, female seekrit ayjint, they just make a fucking new one? Or do they already know nobody would pay to watch that and that's why they're tagging her 007, as if it's the number we've been paying to watch for all these decades? Stupid cunts.

The Question

Eternal
Bond fans are getting anxious to see the new film after the reveal of Billie Eilish as the musician to sing the title track for No Time To Die. Now, some of the brain trust behind the series is addressing the elephant in the room heading into this installment. There had been a ton of chatter around making the character female at some point to get a different feel for the adventures. But, Barbra Broccoli, overseer of the franchise with her half-brother Michael G. Wilson, isn’t going to indulge the parts of the Internet that would like to see such a thing happen. In a large sit-down with Variety, the two talked a lot about how big this installment feels and the emotions surrounding Daniel Craig’s stint as the world-famous spy. When asked about the possibility of selecting a woman to step into Bond’s shoes, Broccoli was straight and to the point about her thoughts on the matter.

“He can be of any color, but he is male,” Broccoli stated.

No, he fucking can't be "any color." He's a secret agent, not -- despite the fan theories -- a Time Lord. He doesn't "regenerate" and change sexes or ethnicities.

“I believe we should be creating new characters for women — strong female characters. I’m not particularly interested in taking a male character and having a woman play it. I think women are far more interesting than that.”

Yes. Precisely. If you want a non-white 007, or a female 007, make a fucking new one. Don't appropriate the existing one.

So, for those keeping score at home, Idris Elba seems like an option that some people would have enjoyed seeing,

Based on fucking what?

and those comments don’t sound like an outright no. But, anyone who was waiting for a lady to pick up the mantle is going to be waiting a while. Unfortunately,

Why is that "unfortunate"? Are you so lazy, or so stupid, that appropriation is the only way you think you'll get interesting characters? Getting one for your woketard selves by taking one away from other people? Is that really the best you've got?

this is how it goes with big franchises. People in charge get that final say no matter how loudly some people in the fandom might object.

Even still though, Phoebe Waller-Bridge of Fleabag and Killing Eve fame is writing the upcoming film. Lashana Lynch’s involvement had many suspecting that she would be Bond in this outing, but not quite. She’s a 007, and one that is none too keen on the swaggering aura of Craig’s super spy. But, this serves as the franchise taking steps toward modernity and there will be other changes. “Bond girls” are being elevated to “Bond women” for example, as a part of Waller-Bridge’s feminist script.
[/quote]

Could we just not with the "feminist scripts" from now on? It almost killed the Ghostbusters franchise, have you mewling cunts learned nothing? Stop it!

SAUSAGEMAN

kw5OjEc.jpg

The Question

Eternal
Oh, for fuck's sake. It's not that serious. It's just annoying that these cunts keep weaponizing women and killing franchises with them.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Bond has been Scottish, Irish, Welsh, English and Australian, he's been macho, effeminate, Bland, charming, and a thug, would it really be that bad for him to be black?

The character is an ex special forces commander who goes to work for MI6 and is somewhere between 30 and 50, that's it, he should always be a man, always be British or at least someone playing a brit, but brits come in many different colours.

The Question

Eternal
Bond has been Scottish, Irish, Welsh, English and Australian, he's been macho, effeminate, Bland, charming, and a thug, would it really be that bad for him to be black?

The character is an ex special forces commander who goes to work for MI6 and is somewhere between 30 and 50, that's it, he should always be a man, always be British or at least someone playing a brit, but brits come in many different colours.

But what's the point of taking an established character and having him black up? What purpose does that serve? It's just pandering toward no purpose. I suppose it might lend credence to the fan theory that James Bond is secretly a Time Lord, but other than that, it's just shallow and cheap.

The Question

Eternal
What's the difference between Bond going from dark hair to white hair, and from light skin to dark skin?

The first has to do with the actor, the second has to do with the character. Or would a white Shaft also be acceptable?

The Question

Eternal
What about James Bond, as a character, relates to the colour of his skin?

Every appearance of the character to date, starting with the Ian Fleming novels. He's an established character. There's no reason to change his race that isn't offensively shallow.