Ongoing Battlestar Galactica thread of doom.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Yeah. I'm only watching it through my first time and I [-]like to[/-] know I'm a pretty smart human but I can see where one will pick up things the second time around. Like "Gran Torino." The bit where Clint Eastwood is reading the horoscope on his porch is meaningless the first time you watch it. And the second time you're like "HOLY SHIT!!!!"

And being raised on Clint Eastwood, I was totally expecting the "Pale Rider" "High Plains Drifter" ending so the way it ended caught me off guard while someone I didn't think was that smart realized what was happening the first time through. Kind of keeps you humble.

But back on topic, I forget where the topic was going. My dog had a growth on her foot. Next to where they cut her toe off because it had a tumor 9 months ago and the doc wanted to get it while it was small and there were complications so now I'm trying to get her back to health and just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out what she was up to.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OOH! I remember: Maybe. The scene of Adama reading the burnt "Searider Falcon" and the significance of Laura burning the Book of Pythia. It isn't like there are copies of books just laying around. Any item may be the only surviving copy. Speaking of which, they seem to have been very well stocked on whisky and cigarettes. There may not be enough food to go around, but by gods, someone's always got some booze and nicotine handy.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OH! The scene where Bill and Laura realize the Cylons have started putting up pictures on the Wall of Remembrance. I cried about that bit too.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
And, because I have a brain like a teenage boy (and know a bit about how aviators get their callsigns) I can't help but wonder if "Hot Dog" and "Racetrack" (Landing strip) are sexual.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
And I can no longer ignore communications officer Hoshi as a 'Trek Easter egg.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Up to the ending. I realize it is completely pushing my buttons and manipulating me, but I don't care because it is so fulfilling. The "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid" ending. Do the right thing instead of the smart thing--no matter the cost. The last ride of the Immortals. Bravest of All. The Battlestar is barely holding together, Starbuck is dead (but not dead). Put a line down the hangar deck and ask for volunteers for a suicide mission. I don't know what it is about humans and/or Americans that this appeals to, but it does. The Alamo. Well, gotta go. I didn't plan to finish the finale tonight. But there you go. I've already had far too many cocktails and I've got at least an hour--2 if I do the whole thing--so I'll be regretting it in the morning. But there you go. Still waiting for Baltar to cross the line.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
HOLY CRAP! THE OPERA HOUSE.

The CGI for Galactica's last jump were really sketchy. For most of the series they've done really well with the budget. But the only thing missing from the jump was a "POKETA-POKETA-CHU-CHU-CHU-CHUuuuuhhhh" Model T breaking down sound effect.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Forget a "Caprica" prequel series. I want a Lee Adama sequel, where we see him deal with becoming a caveman on Earth.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
In my Head Canon, the Centurions did, in fact, come back in a few hundred years to abduct random humans for experiments to learn how to create organic bodies, eventually evolving into the "grey's" of our UFO sightings.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Oh, I won't say "Caprica" was bad or not engaging. But seeing Lee Adama with his long shaggy end-of-series hair, tromping around prehistoric Earth after convincing Dad to crash all the ships into the sun--and growing up on "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," I really want to see Jamie Bamber wandering around in a robe with a rabbit bone stuck in his beard, going "What the Hell was I thinking? I don't know how to mine ore. I don't know how to smelt it. I don't know how to make aspirin from willow trees. I don't know how to tan leather or spin wool. I don't know how to make gunpowder. Living like a caveman is going to suck and I'm going to die of a toothache.

I would watch an hour of that every day for 5 years, easy.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
So here's where I'm at: Watch 1 more episode and I'm caught up. I almost have time for that. That said, there are other things I *should* be doing. And it is a moot point because I took a 2nd shift job, so technically I've got to watch *3* episodes to get caught up. First World Problems.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
I've honestly never seen the whole series. I watched up until about where the escape from New Carprica, and then stopped. A few years ago, I asked a friend why Cain had such a hate-on for the Cyclon they captured, and he said I had to watch a movie titled "Razor." So, I did and now I understand.

Honestly the whole show never did much for me. Not enough hot chicks like the original had, for one thing, but then I'm sort of shallow in those regards.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Well I suppose it could have used Maren Jensen in at least a cameo role. :)

33de1bbc01108cca95a7871631dee54e.jpg

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Oh she doesn't act anymore... didn't do much acting then, as I recall.

Yeah, there was her, Jane Seymour, Laurette Spang, Anne Lockhart, and that cute chick who launched the Vipers.

The show was a fucking wankfest, whereas Nu-BSG had... what?.... Boomer? Cyclon 6? Starbuck looked like a goat in the face.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I find nuStarbuck hot. I also find she reminds me of transsexual McCauley Culkin so I'm conflicted.