Only Connect

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I did! I also got Nancy Pelosi for 5 points.

The walls did not seem similarly difficult - I tore through the first one and had no clue about the second.

Same. The first was pretty straightforward, which made me underestimate the second. (I’ve only just started watching it)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Some "characters" on the teams this week. I liked the old guy getting angry at his team captain for not buzzing in. "JUST GO FOR IT."

Everyone looked disgusted by the flag question and who can blame them.

CaptainWacky

Bugle crisps?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah they’re cone shaped so you can put them on your fingers and pretend they’re claws... for instance.

CaptainWacky

Maybe they're banned in Scotland because people use them as weapons.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Is this a UK show? I used to love Bugles.

Oh cool. I found some old episodes on Youtube. I'ma check them out after I get back from walking the dogs.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

It's a quiz show for intelligent people. And also I watch it.

SAUSAGEMAN

It also is aggressively a UK show so when there's a question about cricket infielders born overseas or coats of arms of Princes of Wales you just have to go with it.

CaptainWacky

Emma covering her mouth because she believed the other team might be lip reading her from across the studio really annoyed me, but then I got more annoyed at myself for getting annoyed at such a trivial thing.

CaptainWacky

I thought so too! Or specifically I thought the non-Captain hated the Captain. I think I noted him shouting at the Captain the last time they were on.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

INSPECTOR GADGET

CaptainWacky

As well as this week's regular episode (always nice to have a Star Trek question so I feel like I know something) there's four Christmas Specials as well from Tuesday to Friday. I watched tonight's, it was completely inessential but well done to the girl who got that Avengers connection on the wall because I didn't see shit.