Only Connect

SAUSAGEMAN

I read your post before watching the ep (ty for letting me know there were five eps on this week i wouldn't have known otherwise!) and *still* didn't see the Avengers connection.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I forgot to watch special episode 3. 4 was fine? Victoria was dressed up. I wish they'd change up the format a bit with these specials.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I can’t believe I missed that Star Trek question. My flat mate even said “wrath of” while muttering possible answers and I dismissed it.

I agree it’d be nice if they mixed up the format a little when they have the chance. I mean they did the themes for these but I actually found that kind of annoying because it limited the possibilities.

I loved how angry Hat Woman in episode 4 got at the old guy during the wall.

CaptainWacky

I've noticed that older men are always the worst at the game and take FOREVER to press four answers on the wall.

SAUSAGEMAN

yo i was dying

he had to have his teammates explain how to do the "leave one out" thing in excruciating detail.....

CaptainWacky

Remember when Emma Kennedy was Nostradamus.

SAUSAGEMAN

I don't

got the nz pm on 5, stabbed in the dark "synonyms for complex", know that jeudi comes after vendredi

but didn't have great rounds 1 and 2

CaptainWacky

It was good of them to put in an X-Men connection so I got something.

SAUSAGEMAN

It was so hard today! I got French geography and then was able to come up with "Marie Curie physics chemistry" for five points because what else could the answer to a Nobel prize sequence be, but I didn't *know* know it.

CaptainWacky

I know more March sisters than Marx brothers.

SAUSAGEMAN

I knew the March sisters (little woman 2019, fantastic movie), and was able to p much guess the brothers - my roommate was watching with me and entirely confused, didn't even know who the march sisters

i thought yesterday was a really fun game! walls seemed imbalanced to me again (i nailed the second one, the first was hard and had a bunch of red herrings in two separate categories!!!!) but i enjoyed it a lot more than most, idk why

CaptainWacky

Victoria Coren Mitchell is a good looking woman.

CaptainWacky

Now hate the guy in the Skiers for looking disgusted at the idea he could be a wrestling fan.

SAUSAGEMAN

same it's not cool to be a snob

got to introduce my roommate to Common People - he'd never heard it, or of it!

CaptainWacky

Shatner verison next.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Guys the other day I saw Michael Portillo on my afternoon walk and I was so desperate to ask if he watches Only Connect, but he was on his phone.

I only noticed him because I wondered “who’s that guy talking so loudly on his bloody phone?”

CaptainWacky

If only you had constructed an elaborate sex joke and used that as your approach! Then ran away when he looked confused/angry.