Our favorite college football players from the 1980s

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
No one reads your posts.

No one clicks your links.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Here are my favorite players from the 1980s:

Herschel Walker, Brian Bosworth, Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders, Andre Ware, Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders, Keith Jackson, Tim Brown, Lawrence Taylor, Kelvin Bryant and Clyde Simmons.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Herschel Walker

Walker should have won the Heisman Trophy as a freshman in 1980 (when he ran for 1,616 yards and led the Bulldogs to a national title) and as a sophomore (1,891 yards) before he finally did win it in 1982 (1,752 yards). If he'd stuck around for his senior season, he would have won a second one. With all due respect to Eric Dickerson, he wasn't half as good or strong as Walker. During his junior season in December 1982, while Walker was out on his morning run, he encountered a car accident, in which the driver was trapped in an overturned car. Walker burst out of a crowd, grabbed the door and jerked it with a "single mighty wrench," according to a United Press International report. "It shocked me how it came loose," an onlooker told the UPI. "He got ahold of something because he just ripped that thing loose. I had pulled on it before and couldn't budge it. He just ripped the door open, glass shattered everywhere and then we got her out." The man told the UPI he didn't recognize Walker at first. "It's like you look up and there's John Wayne helping you," the man said. That's what pushups and situps can do for you, boys and girls.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Barry Sanders

With all due respect to Herschel and Bo, no other player made us ditch our Saturday night dates to jump in our cars and race to whatever TV we could find to watch the SportsCenter highlights of whatever Barry Sanders had done that day in Stillwater. The way that Herschel and Bo ran the ball was classic. What Sanders did was straight out of a video game. No one has run like that before or since.