Peace, Propaganda & The Promised Land (3 of 10)

Tyrant

Tyrant

Tyrant

Whew. Good watch.

Cranky Bastard

I haven't watched the links following the first, but couldn't get through the first.

Considering the history, as the various reporters said, their use of the word "occupation" is fallacious and deceitful.

After 1917 the entire area of Israel was awarded to the Jews. The area of Jordan was awarded to the arabs. At the time, very few people were living in "palestine" (a word that the arabs always gave to the JEWISH area and considered an insult) - mostly nomads and a few hardy stragglers.

Beginning with the return of the Jews from all over the world after 1917 (a trickle, but existant), workers from egypt, jordan, syria and lebanon were hired to help the jews rebuild several of the cities and infrastructure in israel.

Those workers came and went. They were temporary. At the time of the 1947 war, these temporary workers were used as advance soldiers and when the war against israel failed horribly, these workers came to be known as "palestinians." They weren't born there. Their families were elsewhere.

"Palestine" was a word forced by the Romans and had always referred to JEWS living in Israel.

Not until '47 did this fantasy of "occupation" emerge and not until the 1970s did the muslims in the area adopt the idea that they were "real palestinians."

When some media shitkicker starts talking about "history" and then claims israel is occupying anything, I turn the revisionist shit off.

The politics of this "occupation" are such: there are 20 times more "original" "palestinians" now claiming birth in israel than there were in 1947. Sort of like the joke that 1 in 3 New Yorkers are holocaust survivors.

That first link was pure propaganda that had nothing to do with historical truth.

Tyrant

You wanted to know about possible tilted scales when it comes to reporting. We could debate about it's history, but why not watch the rest of the video first?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
"Occupation" is simply sand cupcakeer inflammatory rhetoric.

They've got nothing else to ask their youth to kill themselves over.

Cranky Bastard

jack said:
"Occupation" is simply sand cupcakeer inflammatory rhetoric.

They've got nothing else to ask their youth to kill themselves over.

Still, they're not real "palestinians." Their Jordyptians. The "camps" are on muslim soil and run by muslims.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
It's kind of fun to see the mutual hatred and savagery. It's hard to tell who's more vicious.

Cranky Bastard

Having a belief system that is christian, I have certain views of the situation that can't be had in secular circles.

First, the jews are God's chosen people. Second, they will not be defeated until the end when islam scatters them. Until then, they're gonna win.

So, I say arm everyone up, even the muslims, and let the israelis kick their asses until the end. America shelters the remnant in the wilderness and then it's all over.

Let the blood flow.

The Question

Eternal
Cranky Bastard said:
Having a belief system that is christian, I have certain views of the situation that can't be had in secular circles.

First, the jews are God's chosen people. Second, they will not be defeated until the end when islam scatters them. Until then, they're gonna win.

So, I say arm everyone up, even the muslims, and let the israelis kick their asses until the end. America shelters the remnant in the wilderness and then it's all over.

Let the blood flow.

For contrast, let me offer an atheist perspective:

The Jews are not God's chosen people, because there is no God. Because they are not God's chosen people, they have no divine entitlement to our aid or to anything else; furthermore, if they were chosen of God, it would be God's responsibility to arm them, not ours. It would have been God's responsibility to give them a foothold on what is now Israel, not Britain's.

So I say give them nothing whatsoever and let God do His job.

Cranky Bastard

The Question said:
For contrast, let me offer an atheist perspective:

The Jews are not God's chosen people, because there is no God. Because they are not God's chosen people, they have no divine entitlement to our aid or to anything else; furthermore, if they were chosen of God, it would be God's responsibility to arm them, not ours. It would have been God's responsibility to give them a foothold on what is now Israel, not Britain's.

So I say give them nothing whatsoever and let God do His job.

You are mistaking my comment "arm them" as in full support of supplying arms to Israel.

Many anti-semites have said to arm the "palestinians" and see how Israel does. This is why I said this:

So, I say arm everyone up, even the muslims,

Conversely, we could stop shipping arms to israel and leave the muslims supplied only by Iran. Israel would kick their asses 9 times worse to next century.

The issue of arms in my argument was superfluous.

Being an isolationist, I certainly don't think giving anyone arms is in our national interest. We could sell arms, instead.

My ultimate point was thus: no matter if we supply Israel arms or not, they will win till the end. So arms are not necessary to the equation and I am indifferent to whether they receive any or not. But I would prefer we give nothing away.

bad dog

<marquee direction="left" behavior="alternate" scr
Dont piss off the peace loving muslims.

boysuicidebomber.jpg

Tyrant

Did anyone even bother to take a glimpse of the video?

Tyrant

That's what brings us to the point, that Muslims are militaristic and self-righteous because of Israel's behavior in regards to the Western world (Which Israel is considered a part of,) or at least have some justification for their actions and sword-rattling because of the way it acts.

Then the media turns around and presents their being pissed off at the way they are treated, as them being aggressive.

Did you watch the entire thing? I know it's long, but it's worth the watch, every minute.

The Question

Eternal
Messenger said:
That's what brings us to the point, that Muslims are militaristic and self-righteous because of Israel's behavior in regards to the Western world (Which Israel is considered a part of,) or at least have some justification for their actions and sword-rattling because of the way it acts.

Then the media turns around and presents their being pissed off at the way they are treated, as them being aggressive.

Did you watch the entire thing? I know it's long, but it's worth the watch, every minute.

Ssshhh!!! Don't you know there's no such thing as "cause & effect" in the Global Litter Box?

Tyrant

The Question said:
Ssshhh!!! Don't you know there's no such thing as "cause & effect" in the Global Litter Box?
What cause and effect? Muslims are evil, and everyone else is good. That is reality, not some fairytale!