Penny Dreadful: City Of Angels

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Season three of the original show was obviously horribly rushed and had a highly unsatisfying ending, but I'll still watch this and there's Natalie Dormer wearing stuff.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I would let Natalie Dormer rule the world EVILLY with her duck face.

CaptainWacky

Apparently the actor who played Frankenstein's Monster is in it but he might be playing a different character.

CaptainWacky

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Will we be able to handle that much Natalie Dormer? WE WILL DIE TRYING.

CaptainWacky

I watched the first episode. It was pretty good though definitely didn't have the same feeling of the original series. Natalie Dormer is sexy whispering.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The first ep was a little bit dull, but that happens all the time in new series. Natalie Dormer is going to be a fantastic evil character!

CaptainWacky

It needs a TIMOTHY DALTON TYPE.

CaptainWacky

Second epsidoe was okay but not terribly exciting. I find the Nazi doctor the most likable character, which is a bit weird! Natalie Dormer should be in every scene.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I like Molly too!

CaptainWacky

The episode was weird because some scenes felt a bit soapy and dull but then the club scene was great (dancin' Natalie!) and I liked when the evil mother sat in the dark for hours just to sing the Popeye song. So I don't know.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Evil mom is super creepy!

Also, ZOOT SUITS!

CaptainWacky

Fourth episode was pretty boring until about the last ten minutes. I stopped watching midway through to watch the Community Table Read and had to force myself to finish it. Maybe I should just give up.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
This show is painful. I just want them to get on with it.

CaptainWacky

Maybe next week it turns out Eva Green is actually watching all this on a Holodeck.

CaptainWacky

I watch this week's just because I couldn't be bothered finding something else to watch. It was slightly less boring than last week's.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh, I forgot about it. I'll have to remember to watch it tomorrow.

CaptainWacky

^I BET YOU FORGOT.

I played Animal Crossing and read about Transformers comics while watching this week's. Vega is such a boring character.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Shit, now I am two episodes behind. :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

I DOUBLE KNEW IT.