Political Correctness is Killing Mankind...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Whoops. "Peoplekind." "Mankind" is sexist. You can't have "Blazing Saddles," you probably can't have "Pulp Fiction." "Lethal Weapon" has its share of homophobic lines in it. And don't even get me going on comedy--TV shows or standup. The most entertaining TV shows have characters that are horrible, horrible people. Same for a lot of comedy. Some of the funniest stuff is things you hate to admit you've thought of, but can't believe the comedian is actually saying--or something so unexpected it caught you offguard.

Anyway, this is me venting because I got slapped on the wrist on another board for making a joke about one of the actors on a show putting on a few pounds between seasons. Post got deleted as being off-topic. And the initial post made a crack about UK PM Boris Johnson, so humor should have been OK in the thread. To be fair, the other moderator deleted the first post as well. But I don't think they should have. People are entitled to have opinions and to state them. That's the way works. You don't have to agree with someone in order to let them state their views.

Ah well, it is a kind of odd little board anyway. I once got my wrist slapped for saying "you poor bastard," to someone who'd experienced an amusing setback. Apparently "bastard" was too risque for that board. And they're very picky about staying within the extremely narrow topic of the board. Go remotely off on a tangent and feathers will be ruffled.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. Apparently it was a thing with how the board is set up. ThinSkinnedFatBoy used the "Report Post" function which, apparently immediately moves a post to a holding folder.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Thats pretty funny.

The Question

Eternal
People are entitled to have opinions and to state them. That's the way works.

It's also kinda the entire point of a message board. Board owners who work against purpose should save their money and just write in their diaries if opinions exactly like their own are the only opinions they can tolerate.

Oerdin

PC is just an arbitrary set of rules left wing authoritarians created to control everyone else’s speech. That board sounds like shit.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Well it is a kind of Rainman OCD board for prop builders. I mean, seriously, some of the guys build props to a level of detail of including repairs and damage to long-running props. One guy is building a prop where a fiberglass section sagged before it dried so he's included that in his replica--stuff you'd never consciously notice. The guy that created the board doesn't like people to talk about the show the props are from--just building props. Figuring out the dimensions of them and what materials are used and stuff--not how they'd have worked or what would have happened if Character X had done Y. Just the props. And I shouldn't complain. That's his prerogative. And I've learned a ton of stuff there. But it can be a bit challenging. Because humans don't interact that way. Heck, just now, a guy posted a picture of himself working on a build and he looked a little like Adam Savage, so I made a "Mythbusters" wisecrack. I'll probably log on tomorrow and find out I've been burned in effigy.