Proto Pipe

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
My beloved Proto Pipe. Assembled and disassembled.

2123.imgcache.jpg

2124.imgcache.jpg

Donovan

beer, I want beer
You machine that thing?

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Back in my younger days we used to craft pipes outta all kinds of wacky stuff, and yours reminded me of one we made from the brass fittings in my pop's plumbing supplies. That was sweet but not as elegant as yours.

I also tried to craft one in art class, cleverly disguised as a skullshaped doodad, but it mysteriously disappeared so I asked the teacher what happened to it. She raised one eyebrow at me and I said, "What?" And she said, "You know." Then she said she hadn't seen anything with my name on it but that a poorly concealed contraband pipe had been accidentally broken during firing and did I want to claim it as mine? I said "Oh never mind" and walked away.
Took me five years to realize how cool that teacher was...

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
You machine that thing?

Larry Todd made them back in the day. "Dr. Atomic" I had one, but it's lost in some box somewhere.

2130.imgcache.jpg

Zimmy

You dig me the most
I love my Proto Pipe..and have had it along time. Once I was driving at night thru
Mexico to the beach at El Golfo de Santa Clara and I passed the Proto to a friend who tapped it on the outside of the door and dropped it as I was going 80 mph. I turned around and looked for it along the side of the road. It was sandy desert in the middle of no place and I couldn't find it. On the way back I looked again and failed to find it. The next time I drove down that road , about 5 months later I stopped and pissed in the same spot and saw the Proto laying there. I opened it and a few buds were still in chamber. Cleaned it and used it..still have it. Had to get new mouth piece from black tubing.
Dr.Atomic is cool. Have all of those comix.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom