Random Snippet

The Question

Eternal
Tuckerfan said:
As for the idea that "people should just do the right thing" and vote the idiots out, I'll just point out that if people always did the right thing, we'd have no need for government to begin with.

Here's where that falls apart: We have (at least in theory) a government "of, by, and for the people." Which means that if people don't do the right thing, government doesn't, either. Except that government has machine guns, grenade launchers, and tanks to do the Wrong Thing with. I'm gonna hazard a wild-ass guess that you think the rest of us shouldn't.

But there's no distinction to be drawn that justifies that they should have those things and we should not.

The Question

Eternal
That wouldn't solve anything. What would ideally solve... well, everything... would be a return to WF's roots of, "We're not TBBS."

Failing that, and let's be real, they're not going to do that. The contingent who left TBBS to form WF was comprised of two groups -- those who wanted free expression, and those who didn't mind freedom of expression being snuffed out, as long as it wasn't their free expression being snuffed out. The latter group is now the contingent running WF. They didn't mind an echo chamber, they just wanted their echo chamber, and now they've got that.

Well, that's disappointing, but shit happens.

But some of us won't be shat on and just take it. Messageboards just aren't quite that important. The power isn't that impressive, even within a narrow, self-referential context, and it's all illusory anyway.

I will give you this, though -- if they'd been smart, they'd have kept me on the reservation. ;)

The Question

Eternal
If that was true, they wouldn't periodically come crawling over here from afar to get pissed on. Nor would they mention me over there. And yet, they do both. And remember -- those books have to be balanced. Old issue? Perhaps. But every now and then I'll spot something relevant to the topic, and feel like sharing with the class, so I do.

The Question

Eternal
The TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) is strong with them.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
TDS = a propaganda tool of the Trump Normalization Army.

This point in American history is not normal and never will be considered so.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!

In your opinion it's not. You're just saying that because the right wing government in power is opposed to everything you encompass in your so-called life.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
No, they are opposed to the American system of government and the idea that nation states should have sovereignty over multinational corporations. This isn't about politics, it's about the .01%'s authoritarian takeover of the world, nothing less.

The Question

Eternal

Except that an American President advancing the interests of American citizens is normal, except to those who want the American citizenry fucked over.

The Question

Eternal
Which is, you know, the violently self-loathing Left. Well, fuck them, they can suffer as much as they want, but you assholes have no right to fuck the rest of us over. You go suffer, if you want to, we refuse to join you, and that's why we voted in a President who represents us instead of representing foreign nationals who hate us. Deal with it. Self-deport like you "threatened" (LMFAO) to do. GTFO.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
No, they are opposed to the American system of government and the idea that nation states should have sovereignty over multinational corporations. This isn't about politics, it's about the .01%'s authoritarian takeover of the world, nothing less.
:rolleyes:

N i g g a please. What a joke. Grow up and join us in the real world.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Anyone that thinks that this sequence occurring is "normal"....

The Question

Eternal
Anyone that thinks that this sequence occurring is "normal"....

...is normal. As in, not an oikophobe. Oikophobia is what's not normal, rationalize it any way you like. Irrational hatred of yourself, your community, your country, your civilization, that's what's abnormal.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I wish I knew what the fuck you were talking about. It figures you think cheeto and his criminal thug antics are normal.

'Splains a lot, actually

The Question

Eternal
Yeah, an American President representing the American people, instead of everybody on Earth EXCEPT the American people, that IS normal. I mean, I know Obama fucked your idea of representative democracy up the ass so hard you don't know from normal anymore, but that's your malfunction, and most Americans do not share it.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yeah, an American President representing the American people, instead of everybody on Earth EXCEPT the American people, that IS normal. I mean, I know Obama fucked your idea of representative democracy up the ass so hard you don't know from normal anymore, but that's your malfunction, and most Americans do not share it.
This kind of trolling just looks quaint and dusty here. I've seen it done better/worse on FB on a daily basis for a decade, so trying it here just makes you look like you're behind the digital times. Whose mind do you expect to bend here? All the tricks have fallen out of your sleeves here long ago. You guys just sound like lazy, constipated old white men who have breathed a sigh of relief over this temporary slowdown to the inevitable erosion of your immoral privilege and entitlement.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
This kind of trolling just looks quaint and dusty here. I've seen it done better/worse on FB on a daily basis for a decade, so trying it here just makes you look like you're behind the digital times. Whose mind do you expect to bend here? All the tricks have fallen out of your sleeves here long ago. You guys just sound like lazy, constipated old white men who have breathed a sigh of relief over this temporary slowdown to the inevitable erosion of your immoral privilege and entitlement.

judge_you_are_a_faggot.jpg