Runaways

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
EVERYBODY KISSING! I get that they kissed for the first time, but they also took off their clothes. I guess that's understandable if you think the world is ending.

IS FRANK EVIL TOO? wtf.
I guess the glowing dong turned him.

CaptainWacky

They ran away!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
FINALLY!

They look pretty even though they've been sleeping in the back of a van for a few days!

CaptainWacky

(It's Old Lace.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
tumblr_p2fradbKRI1wlw0o8o1_540.jpg

tumblr_p2fradbKRI1wlw0o8o3_540.jpg

tumblr_p2fradbKRI1wlw0o8o4_540.jpg

CaptainWacky

She looks better without all the goop on her face.

CaptainWacky

All 13 episodes of season 2 will be available December 21st.

CaptainWacky

I've watched a few episodes and it's been better than season one so far, I think. It feels better paced, maybe. Or maybe season one was better than I remembered who knows! The characters and acting is good. The story with the parents is still less interesting than the one with the kids. I could see that story dragging as the season goes on maybe. But it's been a good start.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I watched the 1st one! Looks like it's going to be pretty good.

CaptainWacky

I liked the scene with Robert and Jonah in episode 5(?) I don't know they're all merging into one.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I've watched 3 of them now. Some of it does seem better, but the parents annoy me. I think the parents being evil and the kids being good is just so jarring, I guess. Like the parents do not hesitate to murder whoever they want to murder. It's just kinda stupid.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I just finished 4. THEY ENDED IT BEFORE SHOWING US WHAT IS DOWN THE GIANT HOLE IN THE GROUND :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

It's a big pile of penises.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OKAY, I just finished ep 5 and I thought that was a good one. Poor Topher and Asian dad!

CaptainWacky

The mean girl from the school is funny.

CaptainWacky

AWOL is such a dick.

I liked how Nico's eyes went crusty like Mads' in Doctor Strange.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Carolina finally told Nico that Jonah killed Amy. OMG DRAMA.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Is Jonah really dead?

EPISODE 7 IS NEXT

CaptainWacky

If Jonah's just died you should be on episode 8 next.

The finale is very good. I won't say too much more until Cassie watches it (which will be ages.) It's better than season one in general, but still has pacing problems. There's too many episoes that end with one character being kidnapped and everyone else having to rescue them in the next one. It's still hard to have sympathy for the parents because they killed fifteen children, though Leslie ended up being more sympathetic once we know she was groomed by Jonah from a young age.

Nerd notes: good to see Chase designing the Leapfrog. Is Xavin actually a Skrull in this? They didn't say what type of alien she is and I can't imagine they'd let Skrulls appear on tv before Captain Marvel comes out.