Section 31 Series Thread

Aquehonga

Un Banned
I really wish Star Trek's PTB abort this Section 31 show lickety split.

Section 31 is one of the WORST EVER ideas Star Trek has ever had.

Section 31 SHOULD'VE been left behind on DS9 & completely FORGOTTEN ABOUT , never to return back to Trek EVER.

DS9's S31 character Sloan was SO DICKY & ANNOYING.

It's bad enough Jar Jar Abrams had Section 31 in "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS".

IF they really go ahead & make this accursed S31 show , I REALLY HOPE it FLOPS BIGTIME.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I thought it was going to be a tv movie rather than a series.

StarMan™

It is a TV movie (originally conceived as a series, then cut down to a limited-run and now a one-off TV movie).

What's the fucking point?

Same with Starfleet Academy in the 32nd Century. Personally, I think there are no guarantees it moves ahead - I'll believe it once it moves into production and a trailer drops. They'll have a high wall to climb to sell me on that.

In any event, Paramount+ is widely considered the most likely casualty in the streaming wars. My hope is we get another year out of SNW and then this current era ends.

Best case scenario for my ongoing interest in Trek is the franchise is sold - Apple, Sony - maybe Netflix?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I can't imagine Paramout would sell it considering it's all they've got.

StarMan™

I 'member Garrett.

I can't imagine Paramout would sell it considering it's all they've got.

A few months late I know. Ahh ... well, not solely selling Trek off, no. I'm thinking a scenario where the company itself is consumed or chopped up + sold off in parts (which appears to be the plan, going by the news since I last posted).

I dunno. If Trek is making Paramount more dollars than they're putting in and they're happy to okaaaay with the margins, then I guess they keep making more of the same. If they announced a new regime behind the scenes that sounded amazing - cool. If they cancelled it with no expectations given of a revival - cool. I have so many shows to catch up on I'm more than happy never to watch Trek (at least new Trek) again.

Thing is if they're up to their eyeballs in debt and losing money across the board, I don't see how Trek is actually profitable for them ATM.