Serena Williams

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Serena's 20 years at the US Open
You have to go back to Sept.11, 1999. The then 17-year-old Williams beat No.1 Martina Hingis to capture her first Grand Slam at the US Open. Over the next 20 years Serena won another 22 major titles.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Wang Qiang stuns Serena Williams in third round of Australian Open
Down to what sure felt like her last chance, Serena Williams came through with a cross-court forehand winner to close a 24-stroke point, raised her arms, held that celebratory pose and looked over toward her guest box. Finally, on her sixth try, after 1½ hours of action, she had managed to convert a break point against 27th-seeded Wang Oiang in the Australian Open's third round. It appeared that the comeback was on, that the bid for a 24th Grand Slam singles title would continue. It turned out Williams was only delaying a surprising defeat. So tough at the toughest moments for so many years, Williams just could not quite do enough to put aside some shaky serving and all manner of other miscues, instead making her earliest exit at Melbourne Park in 14 years with a 6-4, 6-7 (2), 7-5 loss to Wang on Friday.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
What Serena Williams must do to win the 2020 US Open

Serena Williams drive to earn Grand Slam singles title No. 24, thereby equaling the all-time record held by Margaret Court, will begin next week at the fan-free US Open. The tournament will be unlike any major that she, or any other tennis pro, has ever experienced. This radical and unexpected development caused by the coronavirus pandemic has enabled every WTA and ATP player to hit the career reset button. Williams, too, can benefit from that. She has failed to win a major in her past eight appearances -- the longest drought in her dazzling career. Of course, she's also almost 39 years old. It may be difficult for some to accept that she's not immortal, but the way she has played since the tour's return (she's 2-3 and all of those matches were knock-down, drag-out three-setters) confirms that she is. But she's still Serena Williams, and on a tennis court, that means anything is possible. ESPN analysts Chris Evert and Pam Shriver help puzzle out five things Williams needs to do, or should focus on, if she hopes to bag that elusive 24th title Aug. 31 through Sept. 13 in Flushing Meadows, New York.

Click Here For Full Story

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Serena Williams withdraws from French Open with Achilles injury

Three-time French Open champion Serena Williams withdrew from the tournament Wednesday because of a lingering left Achilles injury. She made the announcement shortly before her second-round match against Tsvetana Pironkova. "I really wanted to give an effort here. It's my Achilles that didn't have enough time to properly heal after the [US] Open," Williams said at her news conference. "I was able to get it somewhat better, but just looking long term in this tournament -- will I be able to get through enough matches? For me, I don't think I could. Struggling to walk, so that's kind of a telltale sign I should try to recover." Williams, 39, said she made the decision to withdraw after trying to warm up for Wednesday's match and feeling like she was moving with a limp. The exit extends a Grand Slam drought for the 23-time major champion, who has been looking to tie Margaret Court's all-time record of 24 since winning the 2017 Australian Open.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Serena Williams hands daughter's coaching duties to unsuspecting tennis teacher

Imagine being a youth tennis instructor and heading out to your first lesson with a new player. You think to yourself, "It's a 3-year-old. This should be easy," as you make your way to the court. You know the young girl's name but not much else. But then you see your new pupil walking toward you with her mom -- in her best "tennis mom outfit" -- on a warm Florida fall day and it hits you. Your new student is Olympia Ohanian, the daughter of Serena Williams.Yes, THAT Serena Williams. You know, the greatest tennis player of all time and winner of 23 major singles titles. And that is exactly what happened to an unsuspecting tennis coach on Friday. Williams posted about signing Olympia up for tennis lessons on her Instagram story and mentioned the teacher had no idea who Olympia's mom was going into it. One can only imagine all of the feelings going on for that person today. No pressure, right?

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Serena Williams wild year since Wimbledon 2021
This year, Wimbledon will feature some of the sport's all-time greats. But there will be just one 23-time major champion on the grass at the All England Club. Serena Williams is set to make her eagerly anticipated return to competition on Tuesday when she takes on Harmony Tan in the first round.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

Serena Williams' return to Wimbledon ends with dramatic defeat against Harmony Tan​

Serena Williams’ return to singles tennis after a year-long absence ended with a dramatic 5-7 6-1 6-7 (7-10) first-round defeat against France’s Harmony Tan at Wimbledon.

Williams, watched on by her family in the stands, lost a tight first set before leveling the match in the second on Centre Court, the site of seven of her 23 grand slam singles titles.

The Question

Eternal
Fuck me, who forgot to secure the exhibit?

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Serena Williams is out of Wimbledon, but it was an epic, incredible match against Harmony Tan

Serena Williams lost in her eagerly-anticipated return on Tuesday night at Wimbledon in a hard-fought 7-5, 1-6, 7-6 (7) marathon thriller to Harmony Tan, and questions about the 23-time major champion's future in the sport were immediate. But if that was the last time we'll see the legendary superstar on court, at Wimbledon or elsewhere, it was certainly a match to be remembered for a long time, full of epic rallies, powerful hitting and instantly-viral celebratory reactions. Williams herself even called it "insane and intense" in a post on Instagram, and said, "my goodness I enjoyed that" despite the loss.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Serena Williams to play in Toronto tennis tournament ahead of US Open

Serena Williams has decided to compete next month in Toronto, having returned to action two weeks ago at Wimbledon after a year away from competition, tournament organizers said Thursday. Williams, who suffered a second straight Wimbledon first-round exit this year, elected to use her protected ranking to enter the main draw of the Aug. 6-15 National Bank Open for the first time since her run to the 2019 final.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Serena Williams says she's planning to 'evolve' away from tennis

Serena Williams announced her tennis career is winding down, citing her desire to grow her family. Williams shared her thoughts about her future in a firsg-person essay on Vogue. com on Tuesday, suggesting the US Open could be her final tournament. She admitted she had mixed feelings about her next chapter and didn't even like using the word "retirement," instead opting for "evolution."