Serenity best film of 2005, apparently

BlazerBoy

It was a very good film, though it suffered from some Whedon-ism near the end. Not the best, though.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Still haven't seen it, but I am certain to love King Kong.

My fav movies of 2005 are Episode III and maybe even Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for the sheer fun of it. Sin City gets an honorable mention as well. There are a few more that I can't place in my mind right now that were good this year as well.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
whilst I surely loved Serenity, if it only got the votes from multiple voting by crazed fans, it hardly matters.
IIUC, in Hollywood, what counts is the bottom line- and alas- apparently it didn't do well at the Box Office.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I didn't like it all that much. I still put it down to the fact I haven't seen the Serenity TV series, and I still say the BSG pilot was a better show.

The Question

Eternal
It was a good flick, though I'm still feeling a little cheated by how much damage Mal took without seeming to suffer in any meaningful way as a result. The series ep, "War Stories" pushed it a bit but didn't break suspension of disbelief entirely -- but the Op fight at the end of Serenity just went waaaaay over the top.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
And the Mister Universe character was one big walking Whedon cliche.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
He looked familiar to me...was he ever on Buffy?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I don't remember seeing him in Buffy or Angel. They should have got the guy who played Knox on Angel to play him (I know he was already in Firefly too, but they could put him in a beard or something.)