Something I've never attempted, a short story

Bladev1

I woke up this morning with a splitting headache. It wasn’t one of those headaches you get from too much of a good thing, this headache felt like someone drove a ’57 Chevy into my skull at top speed. I reached over and grabbed the pills and the bottle of jack that I keep on the nightstand for such an occasion, as I downed the jack I realized there was a dead chick in bed beside me and I was naked except for her blood.
Before I go much farther, I suppose an introduction is due. My name is Tanner and I’m a dj at the local strip club. The dead chick next to me is one of the house dancers, her stage name was Allie but I knew her better as Karen. Just why she was laying in my bed and why she’s a corpse are the two questions I needed answers to, and fast since I knew she would be missed.

That's it so far, I have no idea where this came from or where it's going so....

Bladev1

My head started to clear and I took a good look at the stripper formerly known as Allie and realized her throat had been cut, the murder weapon was still on the pillow by her head. Just my luck, it was one of my knives. At this point I don’t mind telling you I was scared, I knew everyone would think I took her back to my place and killed her. Yep I’m pretty much fucked unless I can figure out the who and why, only I had no idea where to start.
I had a reputation at the club for being a player, who could blame me? All the hot women practically throwing themselves at me just to hear their favorite song, or have me talk ‘em up to the pathetic losers in the bar looking to blow their wads with a honey of their choice.
Only Karen wasn’t the kind of girl who paid attention to my bullshit, no matter how hard I tried to sweet talk her she wasn’t buying it. So what changed enough to end her up in my bed finally?

Bladev1

I climbed out of bed and headed into the bathroom to take a piss. As I peed I tried to remember last night, and failed. There weren’t holes in my memory, there were no memories of last night at all, and that worried me. I never forget what I do, no matter how hard I party but last night was like it never happened.

Bladev1

the unit is on and before that Ncis was on....
The Gibbs and Abbie come before writing

Bladev1

I knew if I wanted answers to any of the questions I had to go back to the one place I’m sure I was, I had to go back to the club and start from there. Great, this was my day off and here I was a dead stripper in my bed, a headache that wouldn’t stop and heading in to work.
I decided going out in public covered in blood would be a bad idea, so I hopped in the shower to clean up. I figured the steam would help me relax and try to get my mind working again, I was wrong.
At this point let me say I know I should have called the police instead of trying to solve this on my own, but I needed proof that I wasn’t Karen’s killer.
So I hopped into my car and headed into Phoenix, little did I know I was heading straight into hell.
Traffic was lighter than usual on the 202 so I made damn good time, but I couldn’t take the time to think about how few cars there were for rush hour or to listen to the Dj drone on about the new Nickleback song. I was on a mission to prove my innocence and find out who wanted my ass.
I pulled into the parking lot of Sin City Cabaret and noticed the owners’ car wasn’t in his usual spot. Mark always parks his Hummer right up front so it looks like high rollers are in our dump spending cash, even though our clientele was primarily construction workers and guys who come in for the free lunch.
As I stepped out of the protection of my cars ac and into the Phoenix heat I was momentarily dizzy, so I braced myself against the car door for support and burned my palm on the hot metal. Cursing my luck(and wishing I had my pills and Jack) I headed into the dimly lit interior of the place I call my hell away from home.