Sonic The Hedgehog

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The movie event of our lifetimes is here.

Why does he look like that.

Last edited:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Was that Colonel Tigh?

The Question

Eternal
What has been seen cannot be unseen. :hmmm:

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

The director announced they're actually changing how Sonic looks due to the backlash.

I hope they somehow make him uglier.

Mirah

I love you
What is it that you don't like about his appearance? His long legs? They look strange to me.

I don't know what to even think or say about this anyways.

CaptainWacky

The conspiracy theory is that they'd already redesigned him but decided to put the ugly version in the trailer so there would be a backlash and they could say "okay, we're redesigning him because we listen to our fans!"

Obviously we need a thorough investigation into what really happened with no stone left unturned.

Last edited:

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I’m curious what the backlash is. Personally I’d feel a lot more like this was the real Sonic if they did away with the fur and realism and just made him almost a shell shaded figure so he looked exactly like he did in the games and artwork. It looks like they went the same route as with Pikachu, but for whatever reason (maybe because Pikachu isn’t actually as iconic) it doesn’t work.

I buy the theory that they already changed the design. It’s expensive and time consuming to rerender all that animation so they wouldn’t do it lightly.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The backlash is that Sonic had a tall skinny body but still a huge round head, which confused people into thinking that he was being played by Michael Cera.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
How are they going to redo the story which (granted I'm not a Sonic player) was so boring and painful that I shut the trailer off halfway through. Usually a trailer uses all the good bits to trick you into seeing a rotten movie. If that's what they were doing, I'd hate to see the bad stuff. Washed up Jim Carry doing his Dr. Evil impression? Hurray. Can't wait to see that for 90 minutes.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

They fixed it so that Sonic is sexy!

I'm good with never actually watching the movie now.

The Question

Eternal
Or at least so it looks like Sonic.

Mirah

I love you
Did anyone watch this? It is currently playing at the theater in town. I have seen most of it. It is cute. Jim Carey's character is annoying

CaptainWacky

I'll watch it when I've watched everything I'd rather watch more (78 things.)

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
I took my kids to see it. I say that so you understand I am grading it on a ‘at the movie with kids’ curve.

A-

Kept kids entertained.
Jim Carey was classic Jim Carey which has a place in my heart.
I like Sonic.
Story was semi coherent, if simple (again kids movie so...).

The Question

Eternal
Yeah, it's absolutely a kids' movie. Which is weird, since today's kids are unlikely to even know who Sonic is from any source other than this movie.

CaptainWacky

I took my kids to see it. I say that so you understand I am grading it on a ‘at the movie with kids’ curve.

A-

Kept kids entertained.
Jim Carey was classic Jim Carey which has a place in my heart.
I like Sonic.
Story was semi coherent, if simple (again kids movie so...).

Did Carey get fat at the end LIKE EGGMAN IS SUPPOSED TO BE?

CaptainWacky

The franchise is real.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I loved that game back in the day. was pretty good at it. I don't know about watching it though?